Old 07-25-2011, 08:26 AM   #1501
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurik View Post
I feel the same way you do, Steve. I'm nervous to do my first comp (probably at the end of August), because I know how seriously strong some of the guys that are going to be there are. I mean, really... in the SHW class, a 350lb bench and a 500lb deadlift aren't all that impressive. But when you compare do the average joe schmo at the gym, I'm probably in the top 5% of guys there. I mean, the number of guys at my gym who I've seen bench more than 3pps is pretty slim -- you can count them on one hand, and I'm now in that group. I'm about -><- this close to deadlifting 5pps, and I can squat 4pps for reps. I may not be competitive with some of the elite guys who are in the area (and there are some guys with elite totals in the area), but I've come a LONG way from where I started... and really I only started training for strength a year ago June or so. When you consider how far I've come in just over a year, that's HUGE.

Remember, Al. Perspective is the key. You're still at the point in your career where you're gaining strength on a regular basis, AND you have already put up a big enough total for Nationals. In a year or two you should be able to go to Nationals and place in the top 2 or 3, if not win it outright. Don't underestimate where you are and where you've come from. Also, keep in mind that all this adversity you're dealing with in your training schedule can only build your character stronger. As long as you keep hitting the weights and pushing just beyond what you're capable of on a given day, you'll get to where you want to be. I have full faith in you, Mr Beast Mode.
Thanks Ken. Greatly appreciated. Winning Nationals within the next 2 years is my target.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2011, 09:15 AM   #1502
jesseisrael
Pursuing Power!
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 30 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: food
jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!

Nationals is very achievable!
jesseisrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:25 AM   #1503
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Need to get around 675kg's to make it a reality. It will happen.

LtL
Old 07-25-2011, 04:26 PM   #1504
MikeM
Max Brawn

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Agreed with everyone on your being able to hit your goals!

As for sleeping/lack of sleep, baby stuff, etc. Remember this is all new to you. Your body will adjust to the new norm, whatever it becomes. Also, plan ahead with meals, so you always have stuff on hand to keep the eating on track. At least a day in advance. That way you also don't have to think about it the next day, or worse, eat crap instead of good food.

A few months from now, you will have adjusted and forgotten all about your current troubles. Of course, you will have all new troubles, but that's for another day.

Point is keep plugging away and don't be so hard on yourself. But you already know that.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:33 PM   #1505
big_swede
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Quote:
It's easy to be blinded sometimes with all of the YouTube footage I see of non tested, multi ply lifting. When you put my numbers in the context of a RAW, tested competition, I am a lot more competitive than I sometimes give myself credit for.
Im the same myself Al. Ive never thought about competing untill just recently because I did not think I would stand a slightest chanse, which it occured to me I probably will.

And dont be hard on youreself, you recently squatted 190x3, that is beastly weight moved brother!!
Old 07-25-2011, 04:36 PM   #1506
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

I am already looking forward to your next meet Al
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:28 AM   #1507
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Agreed with everyone on your being able to hit your goals!

As for sleeping/lack of sleep, baby stuff, etc. Remember this is all new to you. Your body will adjust to the new norm, whatever it becomes. Also, plan ahead with meals, so you always have stuff on hand to keep the eating on track. At least a day in advance. That way you also don't have to think about it the next day, or worse, eat crap instead of good food.

A few months from now, you will have adjusted and forgotten all about your current troubles. Of course, you will have all new troubles, but that's for another day.

Point is keep plugging away and don't be so hard on yourself. But you already know that.
Thanks Mike. Your tip on preparing food is definitely true and useful! She actually slept like an angel last night. If she misbehaves I really need to make it home earlier to relieve Mrs LtL but she didn't so I get to go and train tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Im the same myself Al. Ive never thought about competing untill just recently because I did not think I would stand a slightest chanse, which it occured to me I probably will.

And dont be hard on youreself, you recently squatted 190x3, that is beastly weight moved brother!!
Thanks man. Just as an FYI though the freak who beat me at regionals totalled 662.5kg's at the weekend RAW and drug free. Pulled 272.5kg's or 600lb's!!! I'll post the video later. NOW I'm motivated!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
I am already looking forward to your next meet Al
Me too Jim

LtL
Old 07-26-2011, 03:46 AM   #1508
Gaz6682
All-Rounder
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2 Years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: USN Muscle Fuel Anabolic
Gaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Need to get around 675kg's to make it a reality. It will happen.
LtL
It will. You are different gravy Al, your personality won't allow for failure and as long as you stay healthy I am in no doubt you will achieve your goals. I'm definitely coming to watch you in the nationals so long as I'm not off fighting wars

"If you want to look like some Abercrombie model, then find another program and enjoy your nice, easy training style. If you are serious about adding muscle to your frame, then get under the damn bar and make it happen"
Gaz6682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:51 AM   #1509
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Thanks Gaz

LtL
Old 07-26-2011, 04:17 AM   #1510
Carl1174
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz6682 View Post
It will. You are different gravy Al, your personality won't allow for failure and as long as you stay healthy I am in no doubt you will achieve your goals. I'm definitely coming to watch you in the nationals so long as I'm not off fighting wars
Me too buddy, so I'll see you there (the only wars I'll be fighting are with Mrs Carl wanting to know why i want to meet people on the internet that i dont even know lol, man, she thinks I am a total geek )

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote