Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Good call Big Al - a grow day never hurt anyone.

Hope you have a smashing sesh tomorrow
Bench: 275 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1251 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 295 lbs
Deadlift: 515 lbs
Total: 1305 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2011, 03:46 PM   #1482
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Thanks Jim. I think tomorrow will be BIG!

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #1483
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
190kg's x 3 PB
Sorry I missed this hombre.

Nice work. Heck, you'll be at 550 soon if you keep this up.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:18 PM   #1484
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Good call Al, have a great session tomorrow.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #1485
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100

LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Sorry I missed this hombre.

Nice work. Heck, you'll be at 550 soon if you keep this up.
250kg's would be BIG. Met another PL'er today who lifts in the 125kg's class and his top squat is only 210kg's. He's a junior and finished 2nd in his class at Europeans in my fed'. If I can outsquat him, I'll be happy, he's an ANIMAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Good call Al, have a great session tomorrow.
DONE

LtL
Old 07-24-2011, 10:57 AM   #1486
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70

Monster Memory Champion! Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion! Wheel Of Fortune Champion! Portal Champion! SpongeBob's Pizza Toss Champion! Bumper Cards Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! NBA Spirit Champion! Torino 2006 Curling Champion! Ultimate Football Champion!
Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
So a combination of a week's worth of rubbish sleep and a few too many G&T's whilst watching the horse racing yesterday has taken me out for today. I could have trained this afternoon but I'm trying to keep myself healthy by not pushing myself over the edge.

Back in tomorrow for a dynamic effort upper session. Looking forward to it.

LtL
Nothing wrong with that. Smart move.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:00 AM   #1487
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

DYNAMIC EFFORT UPPER

Deep Heat to lower back
Stretch
YWTL (haven't done these in a while, need to start again)
Bar x lots
Add red bands
Bar x lots
50kg's x 3
60kg's x 3
70kg's for 4 sets of 3
80kg's for 3 sets of 3
90kg's for 1 set of 3

Standing Dumbell OHP ss Pull Ups
22kg's per hand x 10 ss underhand BW x 10
22kg's x 15 ss overhand x 5 rp 3

Rear delt' cable flies ss Reverse cable curls
2p x 10per/side ss 7p x 15
2p x 10per/side ss 8p x 14 PB

EZ Bar Cable Curls ss V Bar Tricep pushdowns
10p x 10 ss 7p x 15 (too light)
10p x 15 (Strict form PB) ss 9p x 24 (making up for poor first set)

More pull ups
Wide x 4, Narrow x 3, W x 3, N x 2

Today's session was hard work for a number of reasons:

1. I got up at 6:30am to look after my daughter after about 5 hours sleep.
2. I trained alone.
3. As I was looking after my daughter, I didn't have much time for food. I managed some whey shake, cereal and some eggs before I trained at 11:45.
4. Two MASSIVE max effort sessions in the week is not normally conducive to feeling on top of the world at the weekend.

Bench went OK. I had no hand off until the 80kg's sets which was probably a mistake. Now I've moved my head further up the bench it's easier to unrack but it's still hard with my T-Rex arms and by the time I got to the 80 sets, I needed a hand. The guy who ended up handling for me was, as it happens, also a powerlifter in the same fed' as me getting ready for Worlds in a few weeks time. He was a UNIT; lifting in the 125kg's class and weighing in around 116kg's today he looked BIG. We talked training and numbers and he said I definitely should have done Nationals with my lifts. It's easy to be blinded sometimes with all of the YouTube footage I see of non tested, multi ply lifting. When you put my numbers in the context of a RAW, tested competition, I am a lot more competitive than I sometimes give myself credit for.

The rest of the assistance went without real note but I do need to change things up a bit. I have noticed that on my bench, I am not as strong and tight in my upper back as I need to be. Same thing with squats. On Thursday when I was tired, I was falling forward a bit. To remedy this I will be changing out the rear delt' isolations on this day and doing another large rowing move (barbell, dumbell or inverted row) and I am also going to do some more goblet squats, front squats instead of back for next squat max effort and lastly I will find time to do some more shrugging which I have abandoned recently due to the time taken to load 6pps to do 2 sets. I may well go BB style and get some full ROM shrugs in just to save time Will play it by ear but the general idea for these changes is to build up my upper back. This is also why I did the bonus pull ups at the end of this session.

Sorry if I rambled a bit. I may well come back and clarify after my nap.

LtL
Old 07-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #1488
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

I like the rambling on Big Al - the more I read here, the more I learn.

I also like all the supersets you do. You always follow your own advice as well - the more pull ups, the merrier. I think it's probably a good idea to alternate full ROM shrugs & power shrugs.

As usual, a great session there Al
Bench: 275 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1251 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 295 lbs
Deadlift: 515 lbs
Total: 1305 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:30 PM   #1489
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Rambeling is good.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #1490
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I definitely should have done Nationals with my lifts. It's easy to be blinded sometimes with all of the YouTube footage I see of non tested, multi ply lifting. When you put my numbers in the context of a RAW, tested competition, I am a lot more competitive than I sometimes give myself credit for.
Just keep spreading this to the young guys. It's the same gig with bodybuilding.

You're right, it's easy to be blinded by what's going on, even around you on a forum. Like I mentioned in the bob People's deadlift thread, a 700 natural deadlift stood for 50 years. That's insane. Yet in the age of AAS and gear, it seems pretty boring.

I'll be the first to admit, even though I am about to break a 1500 raw total. most days I feel pathetically weak. I need a few powerlifting meets against equal competition to provide some measuring stick. Not to be better than anyone, but just to not feel pathetic.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote