Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 07-15-2011, 03:35 AM   #1371
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Quote:
But, get used to not sleeping. I think in almost 6 years, I've had a completely uninterrupted 9 hours of sleep maybe 10 times. And honestly, both my kids are reasonably good sleepers compared to most of the other kids in our preschool, well unless their parents are better exaggeraters than we are!
Me neither... I dont think in 8 years i have slept uninterupted. AT ALL lol

She could just be hungry a lot (like her Dad), but it does definitely sound like it could be colic mate. Feed her lots and comfort her loads and she will be fine, they outgrow it by the time they are about 3 months old.

Is Mrs LtL breast feeding, on our last she got colic and it was the first time Mrs Carl had breast fed, as soon as she stopped caffine in her diet, the colic pretty much stopped...

other things to try are;

•Walk with your baby or sit in a rocking chair, trying various positions.
•Try burping your baby more often during feedings.
•Place your baby across your lap on his or her belly and rub your baby's back.
•Put your baby in a swing or vibrating seat. The motion may have a soothing effect.
•Put your baby in an infant car seat in the back of the car and go for a ride. The vibration and movement of the car are often calming.
•Play music tapes — some babies respond to sound as well as movement.
•Place your baby in the same room as a running clothes dryer, white noise machine, or vacuum — some infants find the low constant noise soothing.
•Some babies need decreased stimulation and may do well swaddled, in a darkened room.

Just dont let baby get used to any one of them other wise you will de driving her to sleep for the next 12 months lol

Oh yeh and good sessions in here.....

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2011, 04:05 AM   #1372
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Babies can be trouble, that's for sure. But the reward in the end is well worth it!

My experience is babies cry for food and comfort in that order. Seems like you're on the right track for figuring it out.

I will say though, if it is comfort and not food look at how she is sleeping. Some babies just hate being on their backs, which is how they want every newborn to sleep nowadays. My son never slept more than an hour or so on his back before crying like he'd been shot. After 2-3 months of everything tried and serious lack of sleep, we just said the hell with it and laid him on his stomach and boom, slept 7 hours first night and never less than that until nightmares started around 3 years old. Of course, by then we had another child that wouldn't sleep for shit either.

Ask your doctor, of course. Because it is marginally safer on their backs apparently, and you want to be safe for certain. But, you can also lay them on their sides too with a rolled blanket to keep them in that position. Obviously, this is just an observation based on my own kids! You do what you think is best for your own!

But, get used to not sleeping. I think in almost 6 years, I've had a completely uninterrupted 9 hours of sleep maybe 10 times. And honestly, both my kids are reasonably good sleepers compared to most of the other kids in our preschool, well unless their parents are better exaggeraters than we are!

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
Me neither... I dont think in 8 years i have slept uninterupted. AT ALL lol

She could just be hungry a lot (like her Dad), but it does definitely sound like it could be colic mate. Feed her lots and comfort her loads and she will be fine, they outgrow it by the time they are about 3 months old.

Is Mrs LtL breast feeding, on our last she got colic and it was the first time Mrs Carl had breast fed, as soon as she stopped caffine in her diet, the colic pretty much stopped...

other things to try are;

•Walk with your baby or sit in a rocking chair, trying various positions.
•Try burping your baby more often during feedings.
•Place your baby across your lap on his or her belly and rub your baby's back.
•Put your baby in a swing or vibrating seat. The motion may have a soothing effect.
•Put your baby in an infant car seat in the back of the car and go for a ride. The vibration and movement of the car are often calming.
•Play music tapes — some babies respond to sound as well as movement.
•Place your baby in the same room as a running clothes dryer, white noise machine, or vacuum — some infants find the low constant noise soothing.
•Some babies need decreased stimulation and may do well swaddled, in a darkened room.

Just dont let baby get used to any one of them other wise you will de driving her to sleep for the next 12 months lol

Oh yeh and good sessions in here.....

Carl.
Thanks guys. We fed her more yesterday afternoon and last night and she slept much better. Woke at 11pm, I fed her, massive projectile vomit, she then had some breast milk and went down about half 12-1am. Awoke at 4ish, bottle and breast fed, straight back to sleep. Same again at about half 8, breast and bottle fed and straight back to sleep. Gonna keep her feeding more often now during the day and hope that will do the trick. I think she has her Father's appetite

Interesting you say about the car as well. We took her out for a midwife appointment and she was grizzling all day but the moment she went down in the car, straight to sleep

I should change the name of this thread to "LtL's Powerlifting and Parenthood Training Log"

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:13 AM   #1373
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100

LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Daughter slept reasonably well, I have an energy drink, new gym shoes and it's raining. Well I am in England

Game time

LtL
Old 07-16-2011, 04:20 AM   #1374
Carl1174
Max Brawn

Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Its hammering it down in Wales too... and Im working, but I have a half hour appointment with a barbell later, so its not all bad

Carl.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:58 AM   #1375
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

DYNAMIC EFFORT UPPER

Deep heat to back
Stretch
Bar x lots
Add red bands, TIGHT
Bar x a few
50kg's x 3
70kg's for 4 sets of 3 alternating regular and close grip
80kg's for 4 sets of 3 alternating grip

Seated Dumbell OHP ss Pull Ups
17.5kg's for 3 sets of 15 ss 3 sets of 5 pull ups (should have done more but easing back into these)

Face Pulls ss Reverse Curls
10p x 10 ss 6p x 12
10p x 10 ss 7p x 12

Overhead Tricep Extension ss Straight bar cable curls
10p x 10 ss 10p x 12
10p x 10 ss 10p x 12

Not a bad session. Due to being up with my daughter I had breakfast at around 6:30am and didn't start training until 10:30 which may have had an effect or it may just be the lack of sleep or it may be that I supersetted all of my assistance. In any case today was HARD but good fun.

Benched in my flat shoes today and it felt OK but I think I'll go back to squat shoes as they're just more stable. Bar speed was good but slower on the close grip sets obviously. Trying to move my feet out a bit wider to get more stability under heavy weights but it's taking some experimentation to find a foot spot that I can get to without feeling like I'm actually dislocating my hips

Keeping up with the dumbell pressing. Upped the weights from last time and it was pain free so that's a good sign. Next week will be the same but standing. Little by little I'll up these weights and it should bring my bench up with it.

Reverse curls are nice (p)rehab for my forearm and finished off with some curls cos I love the pump

Am praying for no rain tomorrow's dynamic squats session as my gym now has a tractor tire for flipping

LtL
Old 07-16-2011, 06:23 AM   #1376
Aurik
SFHW = Win
Max Brawn
Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Tournaments Won: 1

Training Exp: 1-2
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Kettlebells, for now
Fav Supp: XTend
Aurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributor

Good stuff here Al.... I wish my gym had a tire to flip
Valentin Konstantin Platz
Aurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:35 AM   #1377
Carl1174
Max Brawn

Nice session Al.. I really like the idea of supersetting Presses and Pulls.. NICE

Good to see the sholder still isnt giving you any grief, I was thinking of tire flipping this afternoon as part of my cardio, but its still hammering it down so I might just think **** it and do some rack pulls

Carl.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:43 AM   #1378
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurik View Post
Good stuff here Al.... I wish my gym had a tire to flip
Thanks Ken. I don't think the gym bought it, I think they're just storing it. Maybe yours could do the same.

LtL
Old 07-16-2011, 06:44 AM   #1379
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
Nice session Al.. I really like the idea of supersetting Presses and Pulls.. NICE

Good to see the sholder still isnt giving you any grief, I was thinking of tire flipping this afternoon as part of my cardio, but its still hammering it down so I might just think **** it and do some rack pulls

Carl.
Yeah I was gonna do more pull ups with the face pulls but my forearm reminded ms it needs attention. Next time I'll do the same just with more rep's.

LtL
Old 07-16-2011, 09:13 AM   #1380
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
But, get used to not sleeping. I think in almost 6 years, I've had a completely uninterrupted 9 hours of sleep maybe 10 times.
^ This is truth.

Hope the flipping session goes well Al. You and yours have a great weekend.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote