BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
So the girls are back home as of yesterday. Feels great to be together as a proper family

This also means I will hopefully be back in the gym tomorrow. Double win. I'm a happy happy Daddy

LtL
That's great news!!!

Solid workout also!
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #1312
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Thanks Josh.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:06 AM   #1313
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Glad to hear that everything is coming back to so normalcy Buddy!

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:06 PM   #1314
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100

LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Thanks Big G. It sure does feel great.

LtL
Old 07-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #1315
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Good stuff mate, glad all is well. Now where are those workouts eh!
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #1316
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

MAX EFFORT UPPER

Stretching
Deep heat on lower back and shoulders
Bar x lots
60kg's x a few
90kg's x 3
105kg's x 3
115kg's x 3
125kg's x 3 (bit of a grinder on the last rep')
(CHANGED SPOTTER to behemoth of a strongman )
135kg's x 2 PBR Second rep' took about 3 years to complete but I locked it out. BOOM
Add 1 Board
(CHANGED SPOTTER to a chest and biceps warrior )
140kg's x 3 but the damned spotter wouldn't take his hands off the bar so who knows how many I really got. I reckon 1.5.

Chest flies
30kg's x 20
35kg's x 15
40kg's x 15

Cable Row
80kg's x 15
85kg's x 15
90kg's x 15 PB (as far as I can remember)

No one wanted to train tonight so I went in a bit earlier which was nice cos I got to catch up with the PL/Strongman crew that I trained with at Christmas time. On the downside I didn't have a consistent handler so benching was a bit more difficult. I was also tired having been woken up 5 or 6 times by my daughter. Lastly the couple of nights of sleeping in hospital chairs has screwed up my lower back a bit. With all of this in mind, I thought I'd play it by ear and not try anything big. Well the first few sets were play weights. In fact for every triple up to and including 115kg's, I paused the last rep' for a couple of seconds before pressing it. Nice to see real progress here as 6 months ago, 115kg's for a triple was hard work. Now it's a weight I don't have to worry about. The 125 was OK but I was tiring and losing my tightness a bit which made rep' 3 a grinder. I was worried I wouldn't get a second rep' on the 135 but my set-up was a bit better and I drove it all of the way up. Very pleased with that especially considering all of the negatives I mentioned before, I wasn't expecting any PB's.

Waiting for spotters and working in with two other people (both young teenagers repping bench press with GOOD form which is a joy to see) took up a fair amount of time so I pushed on through the assistance with minimal rest. Flies are feeling good and cable rows were another unexpected PB. All in all, a great session.

Oh and I watched Dean (75kg's Natural single ply powerlifter) double 252.5kg's on squat and Big Colin (130kg's Strongman competitor) clean and strict press 110kg's for a double (both cleaned) and repeatedly clean and strict press the 50kg's dumbell like it was nothing. Still trying to hook up some weekend training with these guys.

Now it's time to eat more and try to regain some of the 5kg's that I lost in the last 1.5weeks

LtL

Last edited by LtL; 07-12-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #1317
Creechur
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,725, Level: 38 Points: 3,725, Level: 38 Points: 3,725, Level: 38
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 3 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Sweat
Creechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good posts

Great two workouts buddy, great to see you getting back into the swing of things. Congrats on the PR's, and yeah it's annoying when you get a bro spotter - even if they do mean the best. That's quite a lot of weight to drop though, stuff your face!
Creechur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:41 PM   #1318
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Thanks Cade. The weightloss wasn't on purpose. I was just a bit stressed and tired around the whole birth and aftermath and couldn't eat as much as I need to. Had a good chat with Dean today around what weight he thinks I should be and he agrees that 102-103kg's is perfect for the 100's as you can water manipulate and you don't need to worry about cutting. It also means you'll be competing at your training bodyweight. He also said it's more fun cos I don't have to watch what I eat which I definitely agree with. I'm gonna go make a bagel with cashew nut butter and jam

LtL
Old 07-12-2011, 03:57 PM   #1319
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Good session Al! Looks like the time off did you good even if it was stressfull! You'll get the weight back in no-time, and that 75kg friend of yours, repping 252.5 on the squat, that is just crazy strong!!

Enjoy your meal(s)! =)
Old 07-12-2011, 03:59 PM   #1320
Creechur
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,725, Level: 38 Points: 3,725, Level: 38 Points: 3,725, Level: 38
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 3 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Sweat
Creechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Thanks Cade. The weightloss wasn't on purpose. I was just a bit stressed and tired around the whole birth and aftermath and couldn't eat as much as I need to. Had a good chat with Dean today around what weight he thinks I should be and he agrees that 102-103kg's is perfect for the 100's as you can water manipulate and you don't need to worry about cutting. It also means you'll be competing at your training bodyweight. He also said it's more fun cos I don't have to watch what I eat which I definitely agree with. I'm gonna go make a bagel with cashew nut butter and jam

LtL
Yeah I figured nutrition in a hospital and with a newborn might slip a little haha! I agree with you guys on the bodyweight stuff, I hover right around 103 kgs most days. Although, in a perfect world I'd love you compete in the 90 kgs class, but I love food too much haha!
Creechur is offline   Reply With Quote