Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 06-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #1211
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Enjoyed the video Al.

Can't wait to get over to the UK and give your guys sh*t for you.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2011, 11:45 AM   #1212
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Yes indeed, all the Al-Aholics do need something to tide us over until the main feature!!

Haha - for such a fat-boy, you are still lookin' really bumpy. Delts are huuuuuuuge, as seen as you collapsed to the ground. Nice opportunity to work on getting some rays for your next bodybuilding comp.

BTW, you'd make a great Farmer - they all have powerbelly's as well. Look at it this way - you would always have lots of fresh food!!
Thanks Jim. Yeah for all that I still have winter insulation around the midriff, I'm packing muscle everywhere else

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
Now that looks like fun, I need to get some of those!
They are GREAT fun before, quite fun during, NOT fun after

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Strong farmers buddy, that looks like fun!!
Thanks Swedish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurik View Post
Damn... I need to get me a set of those as well. That looks like too much fun
Way harder than walking with dumbells which is what I used to do at my old gym. Good challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartigus View Post
Looking strong!! I am taking a lot from your benching video. Also the press ss with pullups is killer, gets the heart going!
Good to hear my videos help. I feel like I'm improving my technique all of the time and the videos definitely help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szelago View Post
Awesome vid!
Showing some real grit, Al.
But thats nothing new for you, big guy.
Thanks Tom. After taking a long rest at the turnaround, I really wanted to make it all of the way back in one go but grip was dying and then the handles crossed over and messed me up. I'll get it next time in two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Silverback View Post
just swinging through to check out the pure AWESOMENESS...keep it up bro, the farmers are definitely fun! I got my first taste last year with about 225 per hand...end result was me sounding like a walrus giving birth...i was gassed!
Thanks S'back. I'm working up on these and would like to be at 120kg's per hand at the end of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseisrael View Post
Very entertaining to watch big very white man collapse in the street!
HAHA I aim to please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
NICE Vid Al - I fully understand how buggered you were after that walk! What was that, 30 meters??
I estimate it was around that yeah. Closest I come to cardio at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Enjoyed the video Al.

Can't wait to get over to the UK and give your guys sh*t for you.
I only realised that Gary had added the colour commentary after I uploaded it. I give all of my crew enough shit to make up for it but I'm sure you can join in

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #1213
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100

LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

DYNAMIC EFFORT SQUAT/DL

Stretching and liberal application of deep heat
All sets done against blue bands adding between 60-90kg's at the top
Bar x lots
60kg's x 5
90kg's for 8 sets of 2

(Week 1 of 3 week wave against blues)

Giant Set (to make time for farmers at the end)
Banded Double Leg Curls ss Dumbell Swings ss Elevated Plank on benches

2 x red band x 15 ss 26kg's x 12 ss BW for 30seconds
2 x red x 20 ss 26kg's x 12 ss BW+10kg's for 45seconds

Farmers Walks
60kg's for half distance
60kg's for whole distance
80kg's for whole distance in 1m40 with one drop

Great session today. Had to get everything done in an hour to make it back for the in-laws so put all assistance into a giant set to make extra time. For this wave of assistance I will be squatting against blues for 3 weeks and waving the weights and sets up as I go. Speed was good and actually got better as I went through the sets. Always a good sign. The giant set was brutal and NOTE TO CARL: elevated weighted planks are where it's at they are CRAZY hard. The farmers we did because it was nice and sunny outside and also because, as I mentioned in Swede's log last night, I need to get moving a bit more to feel healthy again. They are great fun to do. Challenging to keep them balanced and moving but as you can see from the video, very taxing

Now resting until max effort bench on Tuesday, baby arrival pending

LtL
Old 06-26-2011, 12:40 PM   #1214
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post

I only realised that Gary had added the colour commentary after I uploaded it. I give all of my crew enough shit to make up for it but I'm sure you can join in

LtL
He cracks me up.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #1215
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
The farmers we did because it was nice and sunny outside and also because, as I mentioned in Swede's log last night, I need to get moving a bit more to feel healthy again.
I'm feeling the same right now Al. No matter how much I kill myself with the weights, I am still lacking cardiovascular endurance, which limits me.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:47 PM   #1216
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I'm feeling the same right now Al. No matter how much I kill myself with the weights, I am still lacking cardiovascular endurance, which limits me.
Exactly my thoughts. My Dad is building me a tire sled and I plan on getting out to do some more hill sprints as well, baby permitting

LtL
Old 06-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #1217
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Good session Al, and good that you people also are on the path of cardio for health, we can motivate each other of nothing else :P
Old 06-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #1218
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Yikes - a triple superset and then those brutal Farmers' walks - somebody wants to get conditioned!!:vroam"
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #1219
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Good session Al, and good that you people also are on the path of cardio for health, we can motivate each other of nothing else :P
I'm pretty sure we'll need all of the motivation we can get cos it's BORING! Static lifting is way more fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Yikes - a triple superset and then those brutal Farmers' walks - somebody wants to get conditioned!!:vroam"
Yeah I'm just trying to tone up for summer Jim

LtL
Old 06-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #1220
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Good session LtL! The farmers walks looked killer. I can relate as far as needing to get up and get moving a bit. It's good to get the oxygen flowing in the blood stream.
You and the Mrs getting anxious about the baby yet?
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote