T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn
Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
T-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machine

As someone just starting back with deadlifting, I see I have a loooong way to go, LOL. Nice vid and inspiring DL!

"There's nothing wrong with being a large mammal." - Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison - The Doors (1991)

Sergey Krastio Trelawny
T-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2011, 09:33 AM   #1172
Ripped64
Brawn
Points: 683, Level: 13 Points: 683, Level: 13 Points: 683, Level: 13
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2.5
Fav Exercise: DB Bench press
Fav Supp: Milk
Ripped64 has made some quality postsRipped64 has made some quality postsRipped64 has made some quality postsRipped64 has made some quality postsRipped64 has made some quality postsRipped64 has made some quality postsRipped64 has made some quality posts

lol just noticed the guys doing curls in the video.. Seeing you and your mate DL 200kg+ while there curling what looks like 20kg.
Ripped64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:39 AM   #1173
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
As someone just starting back with deadlifting, I see I have a loooong way to go, LOL. Nice vid and inspiring DL!
Thanks buddy. 18months ago my deadlift was appalling. 150kg's of back rounding and an injury waiting to happen. I switched to sumo, worked my form and have now pulled 200kg's + conventional and sumo. Set your mind to it and you will progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripped64 View Post
lol just noticed the guys doing curls in the video.. Seeing you and your mate DL 200kg+ while there curling what looks like 20kg.
Different goals. That was about the 4th bicep exercise they did in a row

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:46 PM   #1174
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Great Deads!

By the way, there were some extremely *intimate* overhead pressers in the background!
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:20 PM   #1175
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

DEADLIFT PR!! Congrats bro!
Old 06-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #1176
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Send me a link to an older deads and let me look. I saw the same thing that Mark Bell was talking about. In theory it makes sense, as long as you can keep your knees outside of the toes. I would also think that it puts some wear on joints that shouldnt need it. Prob all personal preference though. John pitched forward because of the bar placement. He couldn't get the shoulders behind the bar at first, thats why the lean.

Either way, you guys are kicking some major butt. When you are moving maximum weights...what technique that works for me, may not work for you and vise verse.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:41 PM   #1177
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Sweet work, I sux at deads...lol Great job Bro!

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #1178
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

What a fantastic vid Al - if you were super fresh without a sore back from bench day, you would have had the 500 - so, so close - its got to be exciting. The clanking of the plates on the floor after the lift was music to my ears.

Give my regards to john for that exemplary lift as well.

It's like a great double feature
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:02 AM   #1179
Creechur
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,725, Level: 38 Points: 3,725, Level: 38 Points: 3,725, Level: 38
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 3 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Sweat
Creechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good posts

Awesome benching and pulling ltl! 3 pps and 5 pps is an awesome milestone, hope to follow in your footsteps soon!
Creechur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:12 AM   #1180
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Great Deads!

By the way, there were some extremely *intimate* overhead pressers in the background!
Thanks buddy. They do look a bit friendly don't they

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
DEADLIFT PR!! Congrats bro!
Thanks buddy. Onwards and upwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
Send me a link to an older deads and let me look. I saw the same thing that Mark Bell was talking about. In theory it makes sense, as long as you can keep your knees outside of the toes. I would also think that it puts some wear on joints that shouldnt need it. Prob all personal preference though. John pitched forward because of the bar placement. He couldn't get the shoulders behind the bar at first, thats why the lean.

Either way, you guys are kicking some major butt. When you are moving maximum weights...what technique that works for me, may not work for you and vise verse.
Thanks buddy. I'll link some other vid's for you tonight. I've passed your feedback onto John and he thanks you too. He is good for way more I think. The guy is scary strong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
Sweet work, I sux at deads...lol Great job Bro!
I bet you sucking at dead's is still 5pps minimum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
What a fantastic vid Al - if you were super fresh without a sore back from bench day, you would have had the 500 - so, so close - its got to be exciting. The clanking of the plates on the floor after the lift was music to my ears.

Give my regards to john for that exemplary lift as well.

It's like a great double feature
Thanks Jim. Our lifts weren't picture perfect but max effort rarely is. As for the noise, that's one of my favourite things about TNT gym.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creechur View Post
Awesome benching and pulling ltl! 3 pps and 5 pps is an awesome milestone, hope to follow in your footsteps soon!
Thanks Cade. You'll be there before you know it.

Lots of rolling with foam, pipe and ball over the last 24 and I'm feeling human again. Just! Ready for dynamic bench tomorrow.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote