Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 03-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #31
TheRock
Brawn
Points: 131, Level: 2 Points: 131, Level: 2 Points: 131, Level: 2
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

TheRock is off to a bad start
Default Bench Day

Today was Bench day or as people that were working out around me might call it half inch range of motion elbow joint stress day. It was unreal, I shoulda taped it, the best was the 5'8 170ish fat guy who got in the Smith machine literally a 1/4 inch from lockout, 5 plates, grunt/screamed, and couldn't roll the hooks back 3 times, the weight literally did not move, it was awe-inspiring, then the 2nd worst was the Mexican guy 5'6 maybe 200 purty fat, that got 1/2 inch range of motion from the pegs to lockout and didn't even consider moving the 315 out from the pegs, just "repped" it right in thar like a champ, at least he was using free weight, watching my son jump up and down in his crib shirtless (he took off his shirt after I put him down don't know where he gets that from), so it's been an entertaining morning at least, not that happy with my Benching today but I'm getting stronger and having fun so I shouldn't complain. Here's the day

Pause Bench last rep paused
135x5,5
225x5
275x5
325x5, PR, my mind tells my body to get tight, most of it is listening except my left leg which is not cooperating, so I look like a fish out of water, also, haven't mentioned this but my right elbow has bone spurs so my lockout looks like it isn't quite locked, the 2nd and 3rd reps are iffy, the others are about as locked as I can get em. Here's video, sucky as 'tis:

JM Presses
135x5
185x5
225x5
265x5 (form slipped a little)

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press
2ppsx5
3ppsx5
3&25x5

Hammer Strength Seated Dip
4px5
6px5
8px5

Notes
Not great day, but got some work in, didn't want to do anything that jeopardizes tomorrow's Pulling as I want to post a decent number. I am unhappy with my arm development, I think they are still in the 17-17.5 pumped range, need to break that 18 barrier, so I think I'm gonna make Tuesday workout cheesy(ier) or do a back and bi day on Wednesday.
TheRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2011, 01:06 PM   #32
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn
Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Hammer Low Pull
Fav Supp: Jack3d, Yok3d, ModernBCAA
DocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
Today was Bench day or as people that were working out around me might call it half inch range of motion elbow joint stress day. It was unreal, I shoulda taped it, the best was the 5'8 170ish fat guy who got in the Smith machine literally a 1/4 inch from lockout, 5 plates, grunt/screamed, and couldn't roll the hooks back 3 times, the weight literally did not move, it was awe-inspiring, then the 2nd worst was the Mexican guy 5'6 maybe 200 purty fat, that got 1/2 inch range of motion from the pegs to lockout and didn't even consider moving the 315 out from the pegs, just "repped" it right in thar like a champ, at least he was using free weight, watching my son jump up and down in his crib shirtless (he took off his shirt after I put him down don't know where he gets that from), so it's been an entertaining morning at least, not that happy with my Benching today but I'm getting stronger and having fun so I shouldn't complain. Here's the day

Pause Bench last rep paused
135x5,5
225x5
275x5
325x5, PR, my mind tells my body to get tight, most of it is listening except my left leg which is not cooperating, so I look like a fish out of water, also, haven't mentioned this but my right elbow has bone spurs so my lockout looks like it isn't quite locked, the 2nd and 3rd reps are iffy, the others are about as locked as I can get em. Here's video, sucky as 'tis:

YouTube - 031211Bench 325x5

JM Presses
135x5
185x5
225x5
265x5 (form slipped a little)

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press
2ppsx5
3ppsx5
3&25x5

Hammer Strength Seated Dip
4px5
6px5
8px5

Notes
Not great day, but got some work in, didn't want to do anything that jeopardizes tomorrow's Pulling as I want to post a decent number. I am unhappy with my arm development, I think they are still in the 17-17.5 pumped range, need to break that 18 barrier, so I think I'm gonna make Tuesday workout cheesy(ier) or do a back and bi day on Wednesday.
Might want to taper back the weight on your bench, that was pretty risky stuff on that video...
Old 03-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #33
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Strong press work.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #34
TheRock
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocColossus View Post
Might want to taper back the weight on your bench, that was pretty risky stuff on that video...
Huh, I think I had another rep or two actually, appreciate the input though I will take it into consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Strong press work.
Thanks BTB. 345x3 next week.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:44 PM   #35
TheRock
Brawn

Default Deads

Deadlifts
135x5
225x3
315x1, all these were very fast
405x1, not as fast, oh well, put on my belt and went to work
495x1, it's on video, pretty fast and form felt good
545x1, pretty fast but not as fast as I wanted so I went to
575x1, 10 lbs. PR, there's some more there, my form felt a tiddle bit off but not too bad, video of the last 3 sets

Hammer grip pullups voyage to gun show beginneth
BWx5
+25x5
+45x5, I have no idea if this is a PR, but I am not terribly unhappy with it particularly as I am 220+ right now

Facepulls ss Straight Arm Pulldowns
60x15,15
80x12, 12
100x10,10

Done. 55 mins.

Notes
PR is nice, probably shoulda gone to 585 but 545 was not bad/not great and I hadn't touched over 505 in awhile so figured I should probably start doing higher end stuff with a success instead of fail. Last time I did something like this I went from 495 to 535, I would like similar results and I will break 600 in 3-4 weeks.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:19 PM   #36
TheRock
Brawn

Default CGBP

Huh, tough crowd I thought the 575 Deadlift would've gotten a congrats or three but I guess I need to pull more. Here was today, was going to take this week off of Closegrip but I asked Chatzy and it told me to go ahead and Closegrip so I had to listen as inanimate objects tend to be smarter about training than me. So here's how 'twent:

Closegrip last rep paused
135x5
225x3 loaded 275 but decided against it
315x1, on video looks decent enough
345x1, on video pretty fast and kept my ass down, actually think my feet were better than on 315
365x1, 15 lbs. PR, my form went to poopy, think it's a stability iss..... just kidding, I wasn't strong enough to do it properly, between it being heavy and me telling spotter not to touch it things kinda fell apart, my wishful thought/hope is that on a not great day being able to grind this with closegrip and a form breakdown I should be in good position to post a number with my real grip properly rested. Here's the video:

Hammer Strength Row
ppsx10
2ppsx10
3ppsx10 after this went unilateral
4ppsx5
5ppsx10, PR? I dunno whateva

Single Arm Cable Curl DA PUMP
30x10
40x10
50x10

Done. 45 mins.

NOTES
Well hopefully I can have a decent day tomorrow squatting and I am recovered enough to triple 345 Saturday AM. I have had a bad cough and yesterday coughed so hard I have had pain in my left nut since. This is somewhat ironic because I oftentimes told people in my youth that they were being a pain in my left nut. It will not be very funny if I have a hernia, in fact I will be fairly pissed. I have done some pantomime Squats and Deads and those don't seem to hurt and it seems to be getting better. I have also tried to self hernia test and gotten some strange looks from my wife but whatever. Gotta have those priorities.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:43 PM   #37
TheRock
Brawn

Default Squats

So today I ate a bunch of sodium and didn't drink much water in the AM in an effort to get a good bloat going for Squats, just a little expirement, felt and looked like it worked. Downside is I am now gulping water and still cramping

Squats
135x5
225x3 added belt and did some trips
315x3, wife called mid video, nothing worthwhile anyway
365x3, on video, I was mad at myself for this, it was too hard, I had planned to go to 415 but this felt heavy and form felt bad so I went to
405x3, on video missed a smidgelbit high on the first, the next two were where I wanted em, I shoulda kept going I probably coulda done 5 or 6 but I had 3 in my head so I stopped
Fronts
135x3 added belt
205x3, on video albeit from a horrible angle, was turning into a bicep and shoulder workout so I stopped here, wasn't hard or anything just too much stress on my upper body, here's video:

Good Morns
135x5, added belt
225x5
275x5, PR pretty easy beating up my low back deadlifting low volume high intensity is making it stwonger I guess

Extensions
3x15, 1/2 to 80% of stack

Crunch Machine with bar across chest
3x10

Notesies
Well I think my Squat is slowly working it's way from horribly pathetic to laughably bad, next stop mediocrity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!