Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 02-27-2011, 09:57 AM   #21
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Great session despite the spotter problems. It seems to be part of the bro code; guys are used to lifters bouncing bench with too much weight so I guess they assume you will too.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #22
TheRock
Brawn
Points: 131, Level: 2 Points: 131, Level: 2 Points: 131, Level: 2
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

TheRock is off to a bad start
Default Squatting (BADLY)

Today was bound for failure from the get go. I was still feeling the effects of pulling Thursday night in my shoulders yesterday, and 3 intense workouts in a 65 hour window just didn't work out as I had hoped. Also, my son has a cough and I got 4-5 hours of sleep last night. I'm gonna try to stay positive and say I got some work in and learned a thing or two in the process.

Squats
135x5, this was heavy, not good
225x3, still heavy, might as well belt up and get this over with
315x3, A LOT HEAVIER THAN LAST WEEK
365x3, in the video the last rep was sunk the other two were borderline
405x2 high reps, and then all hell broke loose trying to hit the 3rd, you can actually see my knees cave in from a side angle, on the bright side I didn't have to do Good AMs today because this was a PR good morning, video evidence of failure:

Strict Press really just wanted a break between back and front squats
135x5
165x3, bleh that's enough of that nonsense

Front Squats if I get better at these I think my Squat could really go up
135x5
185x5
205x5, new 5RM

Face Pulls supersetted with Spud Abs with rope attach same weight and reps
60x15
80x12
100x10

Notes
Just didn't have it today, obvious statement is obvious from video and otherwise, live and learn, I knew it took me awhile to recover from Intense Pulling and I really think this would've gone a lot better if I had waited until this PM as I originally planned and/or I had gotten better sleep. Next week I am Closegripping Tuesday, Pulling a new 5RM Wednesday might just do 495x5 cause that's easy enough to put on there and I can get in extra assistance work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Solid #'s!!. In for the log!
Thank you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szelago View Post
Good vids. Good lifts. Your moving some iron, bad spot or not.
Have to say, I have never anyone do that yoga pose with their legs while benching! I don't even think my legs bend that way.

Nice work, Rock!
Yeah, that's what the gals and I noticed, I didn't even realize I was doing that. It keeps my hips on the bar but also makes leg drive literally impossible. I have been expirementing alot with my form as I try to make my lifts competition passable. It's a work in progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Bench 72 View Post
Sucks about the spotters. Can you bench in a power rack? Or maybe tell them not to touch the bar unless it starts to descend after you press (they'll probably feel better about grabbing it here rather than trying to pull 3-400 off your chest after your burnt out).
Yeah, I tried to explain that. I am pretty decent at wriggling out from under the bar if/when I miss so I may just start foregoing the spot altogether unless the one guy out of 200 who is capable of following instructions is available. LA Fitness feels that one power rack is sufficient, so that's not a realistic option as I workout at peak times.
TheRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:11 PM   #23
TheRock
Brawn

Default Closegrip and Deads

All right, this was a bipolar workout but being as I'm bipolar that's okay

The Good- Closegrip last rep always paused
135x5
135x5
225x3
275x3
325x1, new set up, was uncomfortable setting up but felt and looks better at least I think so, nowhere to go but up I reckon, video:

350x1, PR, had the only decent spotter in the gym today so decided to forego my triple and try to PR, video:

The Bad- Deadlift I think I ran out of gas due to no intraworkout and tablet caffeine preworkout wearing off, anyways the damage
135x5
315x3, add belt
455x1
505x4, supposed to be 5, but it wasn't there unless I reset for like 20 seconds and I don't like doing that, this is a PR, and I hate to be that guy that bitches about a PR but I really wanted 5 , video, sorry for the link but it was all one clip when I went to make a movie:

The Ugly- 4 inch deficits didn't tape
455x2, second rep was easier than the first but they were both a mess, maybe coulda done 3 or 4 couldn't a done 5 so I just shut it down

Strict Pendleys
225x3of5

Pushdowns
Stackx3of15, 10-15 seconds rest between sets DA PUMP.

Notes
Maybe still burnt from the 565 last Thursday, maybe shot myself out with the CGBP, but Deadlift was not much win. Oh well, it was my 5 rep day so it don't matter too much as they say in Tally.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:20 AM   #24
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Can't see the videos at work but that's a lot of weight. Good job

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:36 AM   #25
bigtim27
the thrilla from phila
Max Brawn
Points: 7,178, Level: 56 Points: 7,178, Level: 56 Points: 7,178, Level: 56
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Lose Weight
Fav Exercise: Military Press
Fav Supp: xtend
bigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributor

WOW beastly cg's Rock. Way to smash it !!
Old 03-03-2011, 07:51 AM   #26
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

amazing work brother. VERY VERY strong lifting

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:04 PM   #27
TheRock
Brawn

Default Bench Day Badness

Two things working against me I could tell as soon as I was warming up, one, my shoulder hadn't fully recovered from CGBP and Deads on Wednesday (due to the separation Deads aggravates my shoulder. Two, yesterday AM my dog got loose and into a fight with a dog that outweighed the old lady walking him by 15 lbs. So I had to run and separate and I strained (pretty sure just strained) my inner thigh/groin area (adductor maybe I dunno), but anyway I couldn't tuck and point my feet forward like I did on CG Wednesday, so I had to work around these two things, anyways excuses over here's the day:

Bench all paused until the last single
135x5,5
225x3
315x1
350x1, pretty fast off the bottom but shoulder didn't feel right and my feet started sliding so no double
370x1, TnG/Bounce, ass came off, got on my toes, etc. my E-coaches are going to be disappoint, silver lining is that it went up and I think recovered I'm good for this or more with decent form, here's teh vid:

Incline Strict form first and last reps paused
225x3
265x3
295x3, rep PR, definite rep PR with strict form

Cable Crossovers DA PUMP
Low- 40x10, 60x10
High-60x10, 80x10

Free motion neutral grip machine press cuz I didn't wanna do 13 sets
200x8

Notes
I'm getting stronger, I just need to get healthy and try to get Closegrip in on Tuesdays for recovery pruposes, 375+ paused with good form in 3 weeks. I think I can do it. We'll have to see about Squatting tomorrow, I was going to test and shoot for 425 or 435, but if my leg still hurts I'll have to go to Plan B (I have no idea what Plan B is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Can't see the videos at work but that's a lot of weight. Good job

LtL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtim27 View Post
WOW beastly cg's Rock. Way to smash it !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
amazing work brother. VERY VERY strong lifting

Carl.
Thanks guys, I appreciate the encouragement and support, will keep trying to get better.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:49 PM   #28
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Just saw that near deadlift PR. I know how you feel. I hit 500x4 this week and really wanted 5.

keep crushing the iron.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:13 PM   #29
TheRock
Brawn

Default Bench Assistance

Let's get right to this one shall we?

Closegrip all last reps paused
135x5
225x5
275x5
315x5, PR, video put together in good fun:

Hehehehehehehehe, I amuse myself sometimes, if you are on bb.com you get the joke intro if not well enjoy it anyways.

Incline
225x5
275x3
315x1, fast, good form
330x1, slow, bad form, 15 lbs. clean (untouched by spotter) PR

JM Presses
135x5
225x5

Standing Rope extensions
60x15
80x10

Done. 40 mins. Got some good work in today.

Notes
Felt much better today than Saturday, my leg felt better and that kept me a little tighter, hopefully I can squat Thursday, I am tempted to go ahead and deadlift tomorrow since I am an all back puller and that would give my adductor a break until Sunday, so I'm up for advices if anybody's gots it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Just saw that near deadlift PR. I know how you feel. I hit 500x4 this week and really wanted 5.

keep crushing the iron.
Thanks BTB, yeah for whatever reason that 5th rep is tough for me, same thing happened last microcycle with 495 although it was even tougher, so hopefully it's no big deal.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #30
TheRock
Brawn

Default I hate

Squats. But it had to be done today looks like Sunday will be an AM workout so I will probably deadlift and hope that my friend the humongous guy who is a leg dominant deadlifter and nice guy is not in there to mess up my form and bellow at the top of his lungs for me to "drop dem hips" "GET IT GET IT GET IT" but enough of that onto today

Squats
135x5
225x5, groin tight and uncomfy belted up and worked next two sets on video
315x5
375x5 (PR), things got sloppy in the hole on both sets but mainly the second, my depth was a bit compromised because I didn't trust my groin enough to try to engage the stretch reflex, got em done and may have been able to grind another rep or tree but I just kept getting forward, anyhow here's the damage:

Leg extensions just gonna badybuild since my groin hurts, that's my story and I'm stickin to it
4x10 moving 1/2 way down to the stack

Seated Leg Curls
3x10 light weight my hammy hurt a bit today

Leg Raises because I couldn't get any ab machines
3x10

Notes
45 mins. I think I'm gonna get a nice little move in my squat if my groin can get healthy, I'm hurt not injured, really think that it's probably a result of the ENORMOUS amount of stabilization work that those muscles are forced to endure on a daily basis lo these many years. My usual video spot was taken cuz today my fortress of solitude turned into a hot spot to do lady workouts. My phermones must be in overdrive or they heard about my recent video or something. I dunno. Hopefully next week my groin feels better and I can do some work.