Muscle and Brawn Forums
 

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 03:20 AM   #21
Carl1174
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%
 
Carl1174's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Wales - UK
Posts: 4,786
Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Reputation: 37394
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine
Default

Great start TIm. The weights are solid and I know there is more in you to come too. Glad you like the program. Its good keeping the intensity up too, under an hour is where its at for me too. What did the heart rate monitor tell you your heart rate was at ?

I think you could push for 10 reps across the board next session, keep the dips to 3 sets untill you get to the 10 reps as GL said, no use killing yourself to get the 3 sets, and its the weeks session that you are looking to complete.

Strong pressing and curling bro, and calves were very strong. You have me smoked on all of them

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2011, 06:21 AM   #22
bigtim27
the thrilla from phila
Max Brawn
Points: 7,178, Level: 56 Points: 7,178, Level: 56 Points: 7,178, Level: 56
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
 
bigtim27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Atlantic City, NJ
Posts: 1,705
Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Lose Weight
Fav Exercise: Military Press
Fav Supp: xtend
Reputation: 11777
bigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
Great start TIm. The weights are solid and I know there is more in you to come too. Glad you like the program. Its good keeping the intensity up too, under an hour is where its at for me too. What did the heart rate monitor tell you your heart rate was at ?

I think you could push for 10 reps across the board next session, keep the dips to 3 sets untill you get to the 10 reps as GL said, no use killing yourself to get the 3 sets, and its the weeks session that you are looking to complete.

Strong pressing and curling bro, and calves were very strong. You have me smoked on all of them

Carl.
My hr was around 125 which is about the same hr I shoot for when doing lit cardio so that in itself is a win to me. I definitely believe I can nail 10 reps on all the sets tomorrow. I could have yesterday as well with the exception of the OHP on the last set and the dips. I still had alot left in the tank though as far as the squatting and benching go but I want to ease into this routine. Like you said, its the overall weekly volume that matters. It's a new way of thinking that I have to adjust to.
bigtim27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:24 AM   #23
Carl1174
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%
 
Carl1174's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Wales - UK
Posts: 4,786
Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Reputation: 37394
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtim27 View Post
My hr was around 125 which is about the same hr I shoot for when doing lit cardio so that in itself is a win to me. I definitely believe I can nail 10 reps on all the sets tomorrow. I could have yesterday as well with the exception of the OHP on the last set and the dips. I still had alot left in the tank though as far as the squatting and benching go but I want to ease into this routine. Like you said, its the overall weekly volume that matters. It's a new way of thinking that I have to adjust to.
Yeh getting my head around the 'week session' was the hardest bit : Yeh mate take it steady and it will come. The bench gets harder really quick (or it did for me), but like GL said the pressing takes preference so really concentrate on that the chest gets smoked anyway. Im just back from session 2 and my chest is still pumped and i havent chaged the weight from session one lol

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:35 AM   #24
bigtim27
the thrilla from phila
Max Brawn
Points: 7,178, Level: 56 Points: 7,178, Level: 56 Points: 7,178, Level: 56
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
 
bigtim27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Atlantic City, NJ
Posts: 1,705
Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Lose Weight
Fav Exercise: Military Press
Fav Supp: xtend
Reputation: 11777
bigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
Yeh getting my head around the 'week session' was the hardest bit : Yeh mate take it steady and it will come. The bench gets harder really quick (or it did for me), but like GL said the pressing takes preference so really concentrate on that the chest gets smoked anyway. Im just back from session 2 and my chest is still pumped and i havent chaged the weight from session one lol

Carl.
For tomorrows session I should keep the weights the same and shoot for 10 reps correct?
bigtim27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:44 AM   #25
Carl1174
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%
 
Carl1174's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Wales - UK
Posts: 4,786
Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Reputation: 37394
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtim27 View Post
For tomorrows session I should keep the weights the same and shoot for 10 reps correct?
yes mate, then 12 reps in the last session. You will bable judge then how much you should up the weights for the first session of week one. Im still upping them slowly though so i can keep progressing for at leat a couple of weeks as i get used to the set up. For instance i know i could get 22.5 x 8 now woth the db presses, but i am just taking it steady and building up to it.

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:48 AM   #26
bigtim27
the thrilla from phila
Max Brawn
Points: 7,178, Level: 56 Points: 7,178, Level: 56 Points: 7,178, Level: 56
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
 
bigtim27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Atlantic City, NJ
Posts: 1,705
Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Lose Weight
Fav Exercise: Military Press
Fav Supp: xtend
Reputation: 11777
bigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
yes mate, then 12 reps in the last session. You will bable judge then how much you should up the weights for the first session of week one. Im still upping them slowly though so i can keep progressing for at leat a couple of weeks as i get used to the set up. For instance i know i could get 22.5 x 8 now woth the db presses, but i am just taking it steady and building up to it.

Carl.
Thats the approach I'm taking as well. I'm going to progress slowly into it instead of balls to the wall burned out after 4 - 6 weeks. I think I did that too much with my other routines. NEver fully progressed and always trying to move more and more to quickly so i could post up numbers to impress people. Leaving the ego out of this routine.
bigtim27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:02 AM   #27
Carl1174
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%
 
Carl1174's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Wales - UK
Posts: 4,786
Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Reputation: 37394
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtim27 View Post
Thats the approach I'm taking as well. I'm going to progress slowly into it instead of balls to the wall burned out after 4 - 6 weeks. I think I did that too much with my other routines. NEver fully progressed and always trying to move more and more to quickly so i could post up numbers to impress people. Leaving the ego out of this routine.
Thats the same as me mate... always wanting to show everyone how much i could lift, then got bored of the program a few weeks in cos im not a powerlifter at heart, im a bodybuilder lol

The great thing about this routine is the numbers arent reletive to people on splits because of how it is set up. I mean i would have been ashamed to be benching 60kg on a split, but i am actually really happy i am still at it on this routine lol

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:19 AM   #28
bigtim27
the thrilla from phila
Max Brawn
Points: 7,178, Level: 56 Points: 7,178, Level: 56 Points: 7,178, Level: 56
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
 
bigtim27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Atlantic City, NJ
Posts: 1,705
Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Lose Weight
Fav Exercise: Military Press
Fav Supp: xtend
Reputation: 11777
bigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
Thats the same as me mate... always wanting to show everyone how much i could lift, then got bored of the program a few weeks in cos im not a powerlifter at heart, im a bodybuilder lol

The great thing about this routine is the numbers arent reletive to people on splits because of how it is set up. I mean i would have been ashamed to be benching 60kg on a split, but i am actually really happy i am still at it on this routine lol

Carl.
I consider myself somewhat strong but I have no aspiration at all to be a powerlifter either. I want to be lean and lose all this fat I have. You'll see what I mean once my transformation pics get posted.
bigtim27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:52 AM   #29
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%
 
BendtheBar's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 80,953
Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
Reputation: 2583729
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtim27 View Post
I consider myself somewhat strong but I have no aspiration at all to be a powerlifter either. I want to be lean and lose all this fat I have. You'll see what I mean once my transformation pics get posted.
Just got your log up BT over at M&S.

Just a reminder, and sorry if you know this...if you post a a transformation log here and win, and also have one at M&S, you win an additional $50 from MAB.

2011 Transformation Contest Logs - Muscle and Brawn Forums

You don't need to "log" anything here. You can just post pics and starting date.

Best of luck.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."


BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:44 AM   #30
glwanabe
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,268
Reputation: 148251
glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
The great thing about this routine is the numbers arent reletive to people on splits because of how it is set up. I mean i would have been ashamed to be benching 60kg on a split, but i am actually really happy i am still at it on this routine lol Carl.
Exactly!!

The two types of programs are polar opposites of each other. People don't make that connection when trying a fullbody the first time. By the time you have worked yourself back up to using weights closer to what you did on a split, think about how much stronger, and bigger you will have to be.



Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtim27 View Post
I consider myself somewhat strong but I have no aspiration at all to be a powerlifter either. I want to be lean and lose all this fat I have. You'll see what I mean once my transformation pics get posted.
As you noticed Tim, your heart rate was right up there. Your burning up some cals on this program. Watch your diet, and you will achieve your goals.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
adventure, big, bigtim, reeve


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CLEEPERS Reeve's classic physique log CLEEPER Training Logs 1339 09-16-2014 12:26 PM
BigTim's New life, new log: Rise From The Ashes bigtim27 Training Logs 268 10-31-2011 07:08 PM
Steve Reeve's Workout Drink: Rich Knapp Muscle Building and Bodybuilding 9 06-15-2011 01:09 AM
BigTim's Transformation Contest Log bigtim27 Training Logs 16 05-19-2011 07:30 PM
BigTim's Flabbergasting Flapblast! bigtim27 Training Logs 158 01-24-2011 11:40 AM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.