Muscle and Brawn Forums
 

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #31
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
 
bamazav's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 4,982
Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
Reputation: 222686
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
Reeves Classic, Week 1 - Day 1

Squats (ATG)
70kg x 8
70kg x 8
70kg x 8

BB Row
60kg x 8
60kg x 8
60kg x 8

DB Shoulder Press
15kg x 8
15kg x 8
15kg x 8

Bench Press
60kg x 8
60kg x 8
60kg x 8

DB Curls (alternating)
12.5kg x 8
12.5kg x 8
12.5kg x 8

Dips
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 10

Calf Raises
50kg x 15
50kg x 15
50kg x 15

Decline Crunches
BW x 12
BW x 12
BW x 12

Workout felt really good. I definitely used too much weight for the rows and db curls as this is probably the weight i will be using in a couple of weeks, but was supposed to be just running through and getting a feel for it this week... I will up the reps to 10 reps per set as perscibed next session.

It is gonna take a bit of getting used to thinking ofvmy sessions as just one of three for the week and looking at the weeks work as the total thing (and using less weight than normal seemed like i was wimpng out, but the accumulative effect of doing the whole body, and in this order does definitely mean you HAVE to lower the weights. doing shoulders before bench was strange too and the 60kg on bench definitely felt heavier than it should have...Its definitely a refreshing change. Squats felt good and so did bench. I was pretty fatigued towards the end of the last couple of sets of dips though, so am eager to see what the highe reps on the other stuff will do to the dips and whether i will still be able to get 10 reps across the board

Some cardio tomorrow

Total workout time about 50 mins or so (I only rested 1 min between sets, except squats which was 90 seconds and 1 min between exercises)

Carl.
You are experiencing the difference between moving weights and allowing the weights to work for you. Your weights will go up, but the progress will be more productive. Just focus on making the weights work you, not just throwing weight around.
__________________
David, Husband, Father, Pastor
(Yasen Miroslav Zavadil)

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2011, 05:44 PM   #32
glwanabe
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,268
Reputation: 150539
glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
Reeves Classic, Week 1 - Day 1

Squats (ATG)
70kg x 8
70kg x 8
70kg x 8

BB Row
60kg x 8
60kg x 8
60kg x 8

DB Shoulder Press
15kg x 8
15kg x 8
15kg x 8

Bench Press
60kg x 8
60kg x 8
60kg x 8

DB Curls (alternating)
12.5kg x 8
12.5kg x 8
12.5kg x 8

Dips
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 10

Calf Raises
50kg x 15
50kg x 15
50kg x 15

Decline Crunches
BW x 12
BW x 12
BW x 12

Workout felt really good. I definitely used too much weight for the rows and db curls as this is probably the weight i will be using in a couple of weeks, but was supposed to be just running through and getting a feel for it this week... I will up the reps to 10 reps per set as perscibed next session.

It is gonna take a bit of getting used to thinking ofvmy sessions as just one of three for the week and looking at the weeks work as the total thing (and using less weight than normal seemed like i was wimpng out, but the accumulative effect of doing the whole body, and in this order does definitely mean you HAVE to lower the weights. doing shoulders before bench was strange too and the 60kg on bench definitely felt heavier than it should have...Its definitely a refreshing change. Squats felt good and so did bench. I was pretty fatigued towards the end of the last couple of sets of dips though, so am eager to see what the highe reps on the other stuff will do to the dips and whether i will still be able to get 10 reps across the board

Some cardio tomorrow

Total workout time about 50 mins or so (I only rested 1 min between sets, except squats which was 90 seconds and 1 min between exercises)

Carl.
Solid session Carl.

It will take a few sessions for everything to settle in. If going up to 10 reps seems like too much work for anything next time, just try and get 1 more rep than you did this time. Some of your worksets weights will move around, as you find a good comfortable spot to work from. Strong dips this session.

In my own session I have just gotten back to where I can squat again. I was finally able to get in a workable number for a workset. I have pushed up my pressing weights quickly to find the place where I can work from and add a rep each session.

Looking forward to see where you are after a few more sessions.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:23 PM   #33
CoopDawg
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
 
CoopDawg's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: mississippi
Posts: 2,690
Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
Reputation: 16586
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor
Default

Smash it carl
__________________
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:31 AM   #34
Carl1174
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%
 
Carl1174's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Wales - UK
Posts: 4,786
Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Reputation: 37394
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
You are experiencing the difference between moving weights and allowing the weights to work for you. Your weights will go up, but the progress will be more productive. Just focus on making the weights work you, not just throwing weight around.
Thats spot on mate, I really relt like I was working the weight... I concentrated on every rep and made sure that they ALL meant something. 'If you cant exhust the muscle in 3 sets then you aint working them right'
Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Solid session Carl.

It will take a few sessions for everything to settle in. If going up to 10 reps seems like too much work for anything next time, just try and get 1 more rep than you did this time. Some of your worksets weights will move around, as you find a good comfortable spot to work from. Strong dips this session.

In my own session I have just gotten back to where I can squat again. I was finally able to get in a workable number for a workset. I have pushed up my pressing weights quickly to find the place where I can work from and add a rep each session.

Looking forward to see where you are after a few more sessions.
Well 10 reps is my target but i am gonna go with how i feel, if it feels like its too much i will just do 9. I think i should be OK, bu the real test will be the 3rd session. The i'll hopefully know what kind of poundages i should be aiming towards and rep progression too. i will still take it a bit easier on week two as i want to build up my CNS and give more adaptation time to the new routine..

Just trying to do the routine (and the time and effort you have put in to helping me) justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
Smash it carl
Cheers Coop.... Im planning on big things frm this routine...

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:06 AM   #35
Abaddon
Strongman & Trainer
Max Brawn
Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
 
Abaddon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Iron Pit
Posts: 3,959
Training Exp: 5 years total
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Log Clean Press
Fav Supp: Meat & Milk
Reputation: 650
Abaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
Thats spot on mate, I really relt like I was working the weight... I concentrated on every rep and made sure that they ALL meant something. 'If you cant exhust the muscle in 3 sets then you aint working them right'
...10 reps is my target but i am gonna go with how i feel, if it feels like its too much i will just do 9.
^Words to live by. Not at all familiar with the program, but it has my seal of approval
__________________

W.A. AMATEUR STRONGMAN

MY LOG

PERSONAL RECORDS
Axle clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Bench press: 135 kgs (298 lbs) - 1st PL meet 16th October 2011
Deadlift w/Barbell: 180 kgs (397 lbs)
Deadlift w/Hexbar: 225 kgs (496 lbs)
Farmers walk: 240 kgs (530 lbs), 50 feet
Front squat: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Log clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Strict OHP: 85 kgs (187 lbs) 3 reps
Tyre flip: 260 kgs (573 lbs), 100 feet
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:44 AM   #36
bigtim27
the thrilla from phila
Max Brawn
Points: 7,178, Level: 56 Points: 7,178, Level: 56 Points: 7,178, Level: 56
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
 
bigtim27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Atlantic City, NJ
Posts: 1,715
Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Lose Weight
Fav Exercise: Military Press
Fav Supp: xtend
Reputation: 11777
bigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributor
Default

Carl it looks like you're going to see a ton of success on this routine. I really like the approach you're taking. Keep up the good work buddy.
bigtim27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:17 AM   #37
Carl1174
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%
 
Carl1174's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Wales - UK
Posts: 4,786
Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Reputation: 37394
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
^Words to live by. Not at all familiar with the program, but it has my seal of approval
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtim27 View Post
Carl it looks like you're going to see a ton of success on this routine. I really like the approach you're taking. Keep up the good work buddy.
Thanks guys, its nice to have the support and seal of approval on this 'leap of faith'

Lunch Time Cardio

HiiT...

Concept 2 rower (resistence level 10)
5 mins warm up/12 mins intervals10 second sprint-20seconds recovery/15mins cool down.

Total work out time 32 mins

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:18 AM   #38
bigtim27
the thrilla from phila
Max Brawn
Points: 7,178, Level: 56 Points: 7,178, Level: 56 Points: 7,178, Level: 56
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
 
bigtim27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Atlantic City, NJ
Posts: 1,715
Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Lose Weight
Fav Exercise: Military Press
Fav Supp: xtend
Reputation: 11777
bigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributor
Default

Nice cardio session Carl
bigtim27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:55 AM   #39
Carl1174
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%
 
Carl1174's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Wales - UK
Posts: 4,786
Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Reputation: 37394
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine
Default

Reeves Classic, Week 1 - Day 2

Squats (ATG)
70kg x 10
70kg x 10
70kg x 10

BB Row
60kg x 10
60kg x 10
60kg x 10

DB Shoulder Press
15kg x 10
15kg x 10
15kg x 10

Bench Press
60kg x 10
60kg x 10
60kg x 10

DB Curls (alternating)
12.5kg x 10
12.5kg x 10
12.5kg x 10

Dips
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 10

Calf Raises
50kg x 18
50kg x 15
50kg x 15

Crunch Chair
10kg x 12
10kg x 12
10kg x 12

Workout went really well, Im loving the program at the minute... the curls were actually a bit of a struggle to finish, I could definitely feel the burn as I havent really trained much over 8 reps for a while. Squats and shoulder press are still very light, but I am getting a better understanding of what kind of weight I should be using. I will up weight where necessary next week, but will still keep the straight sets for one more week so I know where I should be. Dips hurt towards the end and my chest is still slightly tender from day 1 which is nice as I relly awant to focus some attention there. Bench felt quite heavy too, considering I have benched almost double the weight I was benching it just goes to show how the higer reps and the full body layout can fatigue the muscles. I suppose there isnt much difference between doing 60kg x 10 then there is doing 120 x 5 as long as the muscles are reaching failure towards the end of the set...

Cant wait for day 3 and 12 reps per set.. I am thinking it may be a step too far on curls, rows and bench to be honest, but i will see how close i can get to it, if i have to do 12/12/10 or something the thats all good and I will have a great base to work from for next week (I think I have finally got my head around the week being the entire session and each day just being part - all be it a part you really have to push to max your efforts on each lift - of it rather than a session in its own right)

Total workout time about 50-55 mins

Carl.

Last edited by Carl1174; 01-18-2011 at 06:59 AM.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:02 AM   #40
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%
 
BendtheBar's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 79,944
Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
Reputation: 2584002
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default

I think you're doing a great job just finishing in 55 minutes. I usually take so long building up to squats, and recovering after that it slows me down.

How are you liking the exercise order?
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."


BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
building, carl1174, classic, log, physique, training


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CLEEPERS Reeve's classic physique log CLEEPER Training Logs 1339 09-16-2014 12:26 PM
Classic Physique - Muscle Building, Workouts and Information. glwanabe Workouts 91 07-01-2014 12:38 PM
The MAB, Classic Physique Challenge. glwanabe Muscle Building and Bodybuilding 285 05-07-2012 01:29 AM
Classic Physique BendtheBar Muscle Building and Bodybuilding 16 02-17-2011 06:13 PM
Classic Bodybuilding Physique BendtheBar Muscle Building and Bodybuilding 31 11-20-2009 12:22 PM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.