Muscle and Brawn Forums
 

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 08:36 AM   #101
Carl1174
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%
 
Carl1174's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Wales - UK
Posts: 4,786
Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Reputation: 37394
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine
Default

I like the plan

So would you recommend DB rows with pull ups for the first session then BB rows on the second session (also i am doing my BB Rows more Pendlay style atm, does that matter, just always felt they hit my back harder that way) ??

I may do it that way the week after next if so

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2011, 08:42 AM   #102
glwanabe
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,268
Reputation: 150539
glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
I like the plan

So would you recommend DB rows with pull ups for the first session then BB rows on the second session (also i am doing my BB Rows more Pendlay style atm, does that matter, just always felt they hit my back harder that way) ??

I may do it that way the week after next if so

Carl.
I would at least give the DB Rows a try.

Any good rowing movement is ok.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:44 AM   #103
Carl1174
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%
 
Carl1174's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Wales - UK
Posts: 4,786
Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Reputation: 37394
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
I would at least give the DB Rows a try.

Any good rowing movement is ok.
Will do

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:55 AM   #104
Carl1174
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%
 
Carl1174's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Wales - UK
Posts: 4,786
Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Reputation: 37394
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine
Default

Reeves Classic, Week 2 - Day 2

Squats (ATG)
90kg x 10
90kg x 10
90kg x 10

BB Row
60kg x 12
60kg x 12
60kg x 10

DB Shoulder Press
17.5kg x 12
17.5kg x 11
17.5kg x 10

Bench Press
60kg x 12
60kg x 12
60kg x 10

DB Curls (alternating)
12.5kg x 12
12.5kg x 12
12.5kg x 10

Dips
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 10

BB Calf Raises
100kg x 15
100kg x 15
100kg x 15

Crunch Chair
15kg x 15
15kg x 15
15kg x 15

GREAT WORKOUT again, it kicked my ass again, but I loved evey minute of it, AGAIN

I put too much weight on the bar with the squats and didnt realise till after i had finished my second set so just left it as it was. I had to rest probably about 10 seconds more between sets but still bashed out the required amount, think if i get straight 12's next session then I will up to 90/100/100 for the following week... very excited to be repping 100kg 3x per week I hit my limit on BB rows (pendlay rows) and it is gonna be work now adding a rep each week. Although I will only be doing them once next week as forst session will be D|B rows and WGPU's and third session is deadlifts... although by then GL will probably have more surprises for me lol DB presses were OK Ill definitely get straight 12's next session, but i forsee the following weeks workout being a lot harder when they go up to 20's. Bench felt strong and I upped reps again as were curls. Dips were a struggle again. BB calves were a killer. I upped the weight due to the weight on the squats. I want to be using a bigger load on calves as the extra stress it gives the core is good, plus it will condition my CNS to having the heavy weight on there which should help with the squats....

I feel like I am settled in to the program quite well now and am looking forward to adding the sldl next week. Im already practicaly through two weeks but it still feels like a new routine everytime i am in the gym !!!

Total workout time about an hour, Solid grade A today

Carl.

Last edited by Carl1174; 01-25-2011 at 06:57 AM.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:59 AM   #105
bigtim27
the thrilla from phila
Max Brawn
Points: 7,178, Level: 56 Points: 7,178, Level: 56 Points: 7,178, Level: 56
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
 
bigtim27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Atlantic City, NJ
Posts: 1,715
Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Lose Weight
Fav Exercise: Military Press
Fav Supp: xtend
Reputation: 11777
bigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributor
Default

Great job Carl. I love following your log and the awesome job you do explaining things and your progression. Its really making it alot easier for me especially since I'm a week behind you.
bigtim27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:23 AM   #106
Carl1174
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%
 
Carl1174's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Wales - UK
Posts: 4,786
Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Reputation: 37394
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtim27 View Post
Great job Carl. I love following your log and the awesome job you do explaining things and your progression. Its really making it alot easier for me especially since I'm a week behind you.
pleasure buddy... it makes it easier for me too as i dont write it down anywhere else, so i can look in here tomorrow and see what im planning for the following day, plus if my thinking is way off hopefull GL can jump in and put me right

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:33 AM   #107
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%
 
BendtheBar's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 79,946
Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
Reputation: 2584002
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default

That's a strong weight to be doing 10's with on squats. I might need to follow suit like those of you doing the Reeves and drop to 10 rep squats. Been doing 20 reppers for 2 months and need a mental break.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."


BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:43 AM   #108
glwanabe
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,268
Reputation: 150539
glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member
Default

Quote:
GREAT WORKOUT again, it kicked my ass again, but I loved evey minute of it, AGAIN
YES!!!


Quote:
I put too much weight on the bar with the squats and didnt realise till after i had finished my second set so just left it as it was. I had to rest probably about 10 seconds more between sets but still bashed out the required amount, think if i get straight 12's next session then I will up to 90/100/100 for the following week... very excited to be repping 100kg 3x per week
GOOD PLAN!

Quote:
I hit my limit on BB rows (pendlay rows) and it is gonna be work now adding a rep each week. Although I will only be doing them once next week as forst session will be D|B rows and WGPU's and third session is deadlifts...
Next week should be a lot of fun.


Quote:
Although by then GL will probably have more surprises for me lol


I'm sure I have no idea what you are implying. (sarcasm)



Quote:
DB presses were OK Ill definitely get straight 12's next session, but i forsee the following weeks workout being a lot harder when they go up to 20's.
Keep your 1st set where it is now, and go up on your 2nd and 3rd sets, when it is time to increase. Keep your first set at 12 reps, and deload the 2nd and 3rd.


Quote:
BB calves were a killer. I upped the weight due to the weight on the squats. I want to be using a bigger load on calves as the extra stress it gives the core is good, plus it will condition my CNS to having the heavy weight on there which should help with the squats....
Perfect!





Quote:
I feel like I am settled in to the program quite well now and am looking forward to adding the sldl next week. Im already practicaly through two weeks but it still feels like a new routine everytime i am in the gym !!!
I think you have a good handle on the workset weights, and how to analyze the work your doing. Realistically, your not fully settled in yet. Now you can start the real process of just working.

It's almost like going for a long run. The first few miles are a little stiff, before your core really comes up to temp. Then, your whole body figures out that it has some work to do, and you feel your body shift gears.

Working this program is not unlike that. Getting your initial worksets dialed in is the first part. Then you settle in for the long haul. A month from now, you will see it, feel it better. Especially after you have added some weight to the bar, and are seriously working the big three moves.

Squats
Rows
Presses



Quote:
Total workout time about an hour, Solid grade A today
Agreed. Great work Carl.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:07 AM   #109
Carl1174
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%
 
Carl1174's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Wales - UK
Posts: 4,786
Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Reputation: 37394
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
That's a strong weight to be doing 10's with on squats. I might need to follow suit like those of you doing the Reeves and drop to 10 rep squats. Been doing 20 reppers for 2 months and need a mental break.
thanks Steve, it was a bit of a mistake, but a good mistake. I will definitely keep the weight there now though. I am hoping for straight 12's next session
Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post

Keep your 1st set where it is now, and go up on your 2nd and 3rd sets, when it is time to increase. Keep your first set at 12 reps, and deload the 2nd and 3rd.

I think you have a good handle on the workset weights, and how to analyze the work your doing. Realistically, your not fully settled in yet. Now you can start the real process of just working.

It's almost like going for a long run. The first few miles are a little stiff, before your core really comes up to temp. Then, your whole body figures out that it has some work to do, and you feel your body shift gears.

Working this program is not unlike that. Getting your initial worksets dialed in is the first part. Then you settle in for the long haul. A month from now, you will see it, feel it better. Especially after you have added some weight to the bar, and are seriously working the big three moves.

Squats
Rows
Presses
So go fro stright 12's next session at 17.5kg for presses then the following week do 17.5 x 12/20 x 8/20 x 8 ??

Thanks for the positive feed back. I a really looking forward to being fully settled and just working the ass off the program now. Hopefully by the end of next week (or the week after with the nes aditions next week) I should be set and able to start really rocking it

My weight is set on the big three from the begining of next week, so i can really start pushing the progression

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:08 AM   #110
glwanabe
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,268
Reputation: 150539
glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member
Default

Quote:
So go for straight 12's next session at 17.5kg for presses then the following week do

YES!!!


17.5 x 12
20 x 8/20 x 8

YES!!!

Then
1x12x17.5
1x9x20, keep adding a rep till 12
1x8x20

until

1x12x17.5
1x12x20
1x8x20, 9 10 11 12,

When the 3rd set reaches 12 reps, we'll add a couple kilo's to it, deload the 2nd and 3rd back to 8, and go at it again.


1x12x17.5
1x8x20
1x8x22.5

Make another run!


Quote:
Thanks for the positive feed back. I a really looking forward to being fully settled and just working the ass off the program now. Hopefully by the end of next week (or the week after with the nes aditions next week) I should be set and able to start really rocking it

My weight is set on the big three from the begining of next week, so i can really start pushing the progression

Carl.
No problem Carl, I want to see you dominate this routine!


Straight sets are fine at lower weights, and for beginners who have so little strength to begin with. Your a lot stronger, so getting your sets with a weight progression is a good way to go.

In a couple of months your shoulders and chest should have evened out nicely, and your bench weights will start climbing again. One thing that Reeves had was huge delts. He was tall so in lots of pictures his size is decieving. He carried a lot of muscle. Since he was in the movies, a lot of the producers did not want him to be too big, and he had to watch his size, so as to not dwarf his fellow actors.

Check out the left delt cap.


glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
building, carl1174, classic, log, physique, training


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CLEEPERS Reeve's classic physique log CLEEPER Training Logs 1339 09-16-2014 12:26 PM
Classic Physique - Muscle Building, Workouts and Information. glwanabe Workouts 91 07-01-2014 12:38 PM
The MAB, Classic Physique Challenge. glwanabe Muscle Building and Bodybuilding 285 05-07-2012 01:29 AM
Classic Physique BendtheBar Muscle Building and Bodybuilding 16 02-17-2011 06:13 PM
Classic Bodybuilding Physique BendtheBar Muscle Building and Bodybuilding 31 11-20-2009 12:22 PM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.