Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 01-07-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Archery 2000 Champion! Fish Eat Fish Champion! Power Driver Champion! Yeti Sports 1 Greece Champion! Penguinoids Champion!
Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine
Default SFW 2011 : A New Odyssey

A new year, a new dedication. I start on Monday(Jan 10). The plan is to recomp; which from what I've read is just a fancy term for cutting while mini-bulking. I'm going to shoot for about 2500 cals, but am not going to fret over the details. Whenever I do that, I overthink it and wind up making mistakes that causes me progress.

I'll be running a 5 day routine. Originally a 4 day split, but I decided to add Wednesdays for Arms and Abs.

Mon: Chest / Legs
Tues: Shoulders / Back
Weds: Arms and Abs
Thurs: Chest / Legs
Fri: Shoulders / Back

Mon and Tues will be heavy days, while Thurs and Fri will be a bit lighter, concentrating more on hypertrophy and form. Weds will be a mix of light to medium to heavy sets.

This will also be a dirty recomp, so if that bothers you, sorry. I've techincally been dirty since '98 thanks to McGwire and 1AD, or whatever his stuff was. I'll be stacking 11-Oxo @ 1g, and H-Drol @ 25/75/75/100/100/100. I'm only doing the 25 to make it even time wise. PCT of Nolva, BioForge ProMax, and LaBrada HumanoGro.

Other supps will be :

Proteins: ON 100% and LaBrada V60+
Pre-WO: AEN Pre-Surge Unleashed
Intra: AEN Intrabolic
Support: Taurine, Beta Alanine, Cycle Assist, ALA, Cissus, Adam Multi-V, and Fish Oil.

I'll post weight on Sunday night, and update each week at that time. I suck so bad at doing the BF calipers, I probably won't even bother. They always say I'm 15-20%, and I know I'm higher than that, maybe 25%.

Diet is looking pretty good. I've got a mix of dinners I can make to keep some variety in place. Breakfast and lunch can be the same every day, that won't bother me.

So there it is; my master plan to dominate the world. Okay, so maybe not world domination, but it's a step in the right direction for my overall well being. I let myself go over the holidays pretty bad. I sat up the other after a set of flat bench and was disgusted with my beer storage tank has become. I may also do some HIIT sprints on Saturday to burn a bit more.

Last edited by ricka182; 01-07-2011 at 09:47 PM.
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

This thread is slathered with win sauce.

Do work. Crush goals.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #3
MikeC
Uber Brawn
Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Tournaments Won: 1

MikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributor

Get it done Ricka.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #4
CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

get after it bro, ill be following
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #5
#Maverick#
Mental State Is Zenlike
Max Brawn
Points: 3,352, Level: 36 Points: 3,352, Level: 36 Points: 3,352, Level: 36
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: About 8 Months
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: MILK
#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts

get it done ricka, did u figure out what was wrong after the original run of 11-oxo?
#Maverick# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #6
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

Archery 2000 Champion! Fish Eat Fish Champion! Power Driver Champion! Yeti Sports 1 Greece Champion! Penguinoids Champion!
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
This thread is slathered with win sauce.

Do work. Crush goals.
Mmmm, win sauce! That's an awesome pic too man..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
Get it done Ricka.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
get after it bro, ill be following
Thanks Mike and Coop.. This is going to be a wild ride. I already bumped it up a week because I was so impatient.. I'd start right now if my head wasn't killing me.. Crappy Friday night for me, but rest is always good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Maverick# View Post
get it done ricka, did u figure out what was wrong after the original run of 11-oxo?
Thanks Mav.. I know my diet was a major contributor to my lack of success last time, plus a mild rotator cuff injury put a stop to it real quick. I've also recently found out I have no idea how much I was actually taking. My bottles say 1/4 tsp = 490mg, but someone else has the same bottle that reads 1/4 tsp = 526mg.. and without there knowing if the 1/4 tsp was packed tight or loose. The stuff is like flour, so if you pack it down you can fit more weight into a measurement. I'm getting a cheap jewerly scale this weekend that can measure .001g, that way I'll know exactly for sure without question.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:03 PM   #7
#Maverick#
Mental State Is Zenlike
Max Brawn
Points: 3,352, Level: 36 Points: 3,352, Level: 36 Points: 3,352, Level: 36
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: About 8 Months
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: MILK
#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricka182 View Post
Mmmm, win sauce! That's an awesome pic too man..

Thanks Mike and Coop.. This is going to be a wild ride. I already bumped it up a week because I was so impatient.. I'd start right now if my head wasn't killing me.. Crappy Friday night for me, but rest is always good.

Thanks Mav.. I know my diet was a major contributor to my lack of success last time, plus a mild rotator cuff injury put a stop to it real quick. I've also recently found out I have no idea how much I was actually taking. My bottles say 1/4 tsp = 490mg, but someone else has the same bottle that reads 1/4 tsp = 526mg.. and without there knowing if the 1/4 tsp was packed tight or loose. The stuff is like flour, so if you pack it down you can fit more weight into a measurement. I'm getting a cheap jewerly scale this weekend that can measure .001g, that way I'll know exactly for sure without question.
thats good man i dont trsut scoops so i just scale everything call me paranoid lol
#Maverick# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:33 PM   #8
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

Time to go food shopping. I just wrapped up the meal plan for the weeks ahead. I was shooting for 2500 calories, after doing the math I came up with 2675. I'm pretty happy with that. 250+g Protein as well, and under 85g Fat, the rest is Carbs. If I find I need more cals after a few days, I already setup where and how much I would add, that way I don't binge and lose it. I'll just make the adjustment while preparing the meals, easy enough. No junk food at all. I may indulge in a small Haagen Daaz ice cream on Sundays as part of my cheat day. I'll keep those to Sundays only, and limited to my defined caloric range.

I have yet to receive my Multi-V and Presurge from M&S yet, so I'l be without those for a couple more days. I should have ordered them on Monday like I planned, but I waited until Thursday. I'm sure I'll get them tomorrow probably.

I'm going to have one final diet violation today. Candy. I just want a friggen Snickers bar damnit.. I haven't eaten much today, and I haven't sitting on my ass all day either, so I earned the damn thing. House is much cleaner, bathroom is sparkling, laundry is already cleaned and put away...whew! Yeah, I'm having a ****ing Snickers bar later..
Old 01-10-2011, 07:42 PM   #9
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

Default Day #1

My legs are like jelly. I suppose that's a good thing though. I'm also tired, very tired. Very little sleep last night, so I'm crashing early tonight.

Todays session:

Flat Press
135 x 15
135 x 10
175 x 5 x 3
185 x 3
190 x 3
190 x 3
200 x 1
135 x 7

Incline DB Press
45 x 10
55 x 3
40 x 5 x 3

Squat
95 x 10 x 2
135 x 10
135 x 10
185 x 6
215 x 3 - Had one more set on tap, but somehow crushed my thumb in the rack. The nail is already blackened underneath..still hurts like hell.

Assisted Dips
10 w/120
10 w/100
6 w/80 x 2
8 w/100

Hanging Ab Crunches
10 - 6 - 15 - 6 - 10

Overall, not bad for my first day back in the gym in almost 3 months. I almost fell downstairs at the gym, and at home...I did. Thankfully I was able to leap-fall into my couch, but my legs just dissapeared on the last step down. I wish my chest felt this sore. I think I'm going to drop the Asst. Dips, as I can't do even one lousy dip without the helper stack. And using the knee pad pretty much forces me to be upright, unable to lean forward. So I felt more in my Tri's, as opposed to lower chest. I'll find another way to hit those. Maybe just simple decline bench.

I'm thinking this may become more of a bulk than a recomp...unless my weight starts going down after this week. I was 248 last night, and out of the shower today I was 252..how the hell I gained 4Lbs overnight after eating very little today I don't know. I did have a pretty big meal last night, so I think that'll, ahem..pass though later tonight and I'll drop back down..hopefully.

Okay, enough chatter. Need to go prepare meals for tomorrow, stretch, and cry about my legs.. in a good way.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricka182 View Post
My legs are like jelly. I suppose that's a good thing though. I'm also tired, very tired. Very little sleep last night, so I'm crashing early tonight.

Overall, not bad for my first day back in the gym in almost 3 months. I almost fell downstairs at the gym, and at home...I did.
Sleep! And no more rubber legs. Don't want you to lose any teeth in 2011. Way to crush it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote