Old 08-04-2011, 10:12 AM   #841
jesseisrael
Pursuing Power!
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 30 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: food
jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Good to see your weights coming up again.

LtL
This^^^^^^
jesseisrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2011, 11:20 AM   #842
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MC* View Post
It's been a long time since I didn't have searing pain somewhere. I'd forgotten how it felt to not be working around it.
Great to hear that you've hit the pain free zone, after all the issues you've been going through and working around. Lateral raises are the one area I don't push for PBs, well not much anyway, congrats on those PBs
Old 08-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #843
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Quote:
Good to see your weights coming up again.

LtL
Thanks, Al. Happy to see it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseisrael View Post
This^^^^^^
Thanks jessie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Great to hear that you've hit the pain free zone, after all the issues you've been going through and working around. Lateral raises are the one area I don't push for PBs, well not much anyway, congrats on those PBs
Thanks Babs! I am working those shoulders!
Old 08-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #844
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Best news I have had all day is to hear your progressing pain-free Nard
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:46 PM   #845
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MC* View Post
Thanks, Josh. It's been a long time since I didn't have searing pain somewhere. I'd forgotten how it felt to not be working around it.
That's a heck of a way to live. Here's to many more pain free days.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #846
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Nice leg workout.
You mentioned focusing on keeping your core tight. This is something I think most of us could work on, i know I can. During some lifts, your focusing on doing so many things it's hard to remember(sometimes) to do something as basic as keep your core tight.
Doing so is an important aspect of most if not all lifts.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:45 AM   #847
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Breathing is big on this ^^ Breathe into your stomach, not your chest and then hold that breath and push out as you lift. When you hit the sticking point on the positive part of the movement, exhale. Keeps your core tight and creates an "inner belt".

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #848
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn

MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Best news I have had all day is to hear your progressing pain-free Nard
Thanks Jim. I wish the same for you and ASAP, hommie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
That's a heck of a way to live. Here's to many more pain free days.
Thanks. It has been interesting. Thinking back, there was my shoulder, then forearm, then back. None of them hurt at the moment, so I am knocking on some wood and taking it was easy as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Nice leg workout.
You mentioned focusing on keeping your core tight. This is something I think most of us could work on, i know I can. During some lifts, your focusing on doing so many things it's hard to remember(sometimes) to do something as basic as keep your core tight.
Doing so is an important aspect of most if not all lifts.
Right. I've got to get to the point where the tight core is an automatic with all things. Some of the core exercises my PT has me doing will help with this in the long run, I am sure.

Quote:
Breathing is big on this ^^ Breathe into your stomach, not your chest and then hold that breath and push out as you lift. When you hit the sticking point on the positive part of the movement, exhale. Keeps your core tight and creates an "inner belt".

LtL
Thanks, Al. I remember that you have talked about this more than a few times and I have been trying it. Just gotta get my head in the game a bit more.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:51 AM   #849
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn

Chesticles

DB Bench 45x15, 55x12, 65x12, 75x12, 75x10
HS Incline 180x12x4
Dips BW+25x15, BW+25x12, BWx20, BWx20
Pec Deck 175x12x3
Hyper Extensions BWx10, x10 (10 second hold on 5th and 10th rep)
Reverse Crunches BWx5

Decent session today. Working on bench form as I really got sloppy with the 80# DB. Found a way to do reverse crunches in the the gym, so will be swapping them for the hypers.

Friday appointment with the doctor went well. She noted improved mobility and flexibility in hips, back and hamstrings. Everything still looks good neurologically. She asked about workout weights and I told her the range in which I had been working. She told me to not "get cocky. Just because there is not pain does not mean the herniation isn't there." Slightly deflated, but she's probably right. I mental response to this is to slowly work my way back up and maybe continue to consider alternative DB exercises. We'll see.

Best bud's bachelor night was Friday. Good times. I mistakenly wore a tank top. Evidently the bars he prefers require men to have sleeves. Got refused entry at two places because of this. Was funny to me. I told the second bouncer that I trained hard so I wouldn't have to cover myself up in baggy tees with sleeves. Yeah, I was feeling more than a bit obnoxious.

Back to the work grind in 5, 4, 3...
Old 08-08-2011, 08:32 AM   #850
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

And grind.

Quote:
Evidently the bars he prefers require men to have sleeves. Got refused entry at two places because of this. Was funny to me.
I got kicked out of a club once because of footwear. I was too ignorant to know I wasn't cool.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote