MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast
Default MC: The Matrix Cannot Tell You Who You Are

Hey Guys.

MC here! Decided to log over here and hopefully get some feedback and learn a lot.

Brief history: Former skinny (155 out of high school) comic book, pro wrestling loving nerd. Divorced dad of two great kids - a dancer and pee-wee footballer--who got tired to looking skinny and finally decided to build a body like his favorite X-Men (or Titans or Avengers, take your pic).

Trained for a long time using stuff read in Men's Health and got nowhere (I had no knowledge of nutrition or progression and thought I could look like fitness models by doing those fold-outs --yeah right!). Found a good site about a year ago and learned a ton. Bulked to 208 and injured my shoulder and rotator cuff (Shoulder was protracting a lot, pinching my RC and biceps tendon. I had to completely relearn how it was supposed to move and stay put). That, PT rehab, and stomach sickness took me out of the gym for 2 months and dropped me down to 193.

Have now been back in the gym since November 1st and have gained 11.7 pounds in that time.

Currently 205.5 @ 6'2" (and growing).

My split is a 5 day one. I hit the gym Mon-Fri at 5:30 am as most weekends are out for me due to kid committments and such. I work around a very sore back (I am making an appointment as I think it is arthritic) and my shoulder, which is better, but screams when I try to get crazy in the gym.

Training will look like this:

Chest/Core or Cardio
Back/Core or Cardio (depending on Monday)
Legs
Shoulders/Core or Cardio
Arms/Core or Cardio (depending on Thursday)

Goals for 2011:
I am bulking and feeling bigger at a lower weight and in better shape than when I was 208 last June. I'd like to see what 210 and then maybe 215 look like.

I don't have any lift-specific goals. The way my shoulder feels with pressing, I may never bench over 200 pounds again.

I just want to be able to train, grow and stay injury free.

Thanks to any and all who read and come along for the ride!

Cheers (as Carl would say)
MC