Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 12-03-2010, 01:55 PM   #11
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Very good workout GL! Squat volume for the week is great and i like the idea of counting the reps per week for the lifts, will incorporate this in my own workout logging too.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:54 PM   #12
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

You and Rich are out-dipping me. Another strong workout.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:54 PM   #13
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Very good workout GL! Squat volume for the week is great and i like the idea of counting the reps per week for the lifts, will incorporate this in my own workout logging too.
I like to look at totals for the week when talking about fullbody work. It is the weeks totals, thats where you can see how much work you have done.

There are so many aspects of this type of workout that people fail to take into consideration when looking at whats happening.

I really prefer this type of workout, and an A/B split over anything else.

I'll feel better when I get back to my old workset numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
You and Rich are out-dipping me. Another strong workout.
Only for a little while. Once you get into the groove on them, your numbers are going to increase quickly. A month ago I was not doing these numbers.

When I get into 5x10 on rings, that will be a lot better. The rings are WAY harder.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #14
CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
I like to look at totals for the week when talking about fullbody work. It is the weeks totals, thats where you can see how much work you have done.

There are so many aspects of this type of workout that people fail to take into consideration when looking at whats happening.

I really prefer this type of workout, and an A/B split over anything else.

I'll feel better when I get back to my old workset numbers.

Only for a little while. Once you get into the groove on them, your numbers are going to increase quickly. A month ago I was not doing these numbers.

When I get into 5x10 on rings, that will be a lot better. The rings are WAY harder.
will definetly be doing this aswell
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #15
glwanabe
Max Brawn

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
will definetly be doing this aswell
The reason I'm making notes to myself right now is that I had been squatting 4x a week using 135. I have been doing 3x10@135 on M-T T-F. Thats 120 reps a week.

Switching over to the Eder program has me doing an additional 15 reps per week at top rep range. Thats easy enough to put into the equation, as I am actually capable of much higher squat workset weight.

The variable is the new addition of 30 cleans, and 15 Deads.

Keeping a balance of how hard to work without going past my recovery point is what I'm watching for. My conditioning is coming back nicely, and I feel worked after this week, but not any worse than I have in the past when doing this type of workout.

The Reeves program Ranges from a low of 72 reps to a high of 108. Thats a varience of 35 reps. Now you start to see why small weight increases are what are called for when weight is increased. Not to mention why I have advised that you really should not increase your weight until you have worked at top rep range.

From the low end to the high end you are basically adding in an extra days worth of reps in the workout. Or another way of looking at it is this.

At the low end it is a three day session. At the top end it is a 4 day a week program smashed into 3 days worth of work.

had you considered that aspect?

There are a few more things that can be done with that program as well. I'll be happy to discuss those aspects as well.

Last edited by glwanabe; 12-03-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:01 PM   #16
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

your full of great info GL! SFW and lets see this old man show the young punks how its done!
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:21 PM   #17
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
your full of great info GL! SFW and lets see this old man show the young punks how its done!
Thanks J. My Wife says I'm full of it as well.

I'm not that far off of my 49th, but far enough away to still be in far better shape than I am tonight. Plus I have to beat Val back to a 300 squat.

I did 225 and it went up with room to spare. I've got work to do.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #18
CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
The reason I'm making notes to myself right now is that I had been squatting 4x a week using 135. I have been doing 3x10@135 on M-T T-F. Thats 120 reps a week.

Switching over to the Eder program has me doing an additional 15 reps per week at top rep range. Thats easy enough to put into the equation, as I am actually capable of much higher squat workset weight.

The variable is the new addition of 30 cleans, and 15 Deads.

Keeping a balance of how hard to work without going past my recovery point is what I'm watching for. My conditioning is coming back nicely, and I feel worked after this week, but not any worse than I have in the past when doing this type of workout.

The Reeves program Ranges from a low of 72 reps to a high of 108. Thats a varience of 35 reps. Now you start to see why small weight increases are what are called for when weight is increased. Not to mention why I have advised that you really should not increase your weight until you have worked at top rep range.

From the low end to the high end you are basically adding in an extra days worth of reps in the workout. Or another way of looking at it is this.

At the low end it is a three day session. At the top end it is a 4 day a week program smashed into 3 days worth of work.

had you considered that aspect?

There are a few more things that can be done with that program as well. I'll be happy to discuss those aspects as well.
This was a great help in understanding thanks gl, and okay lets do it lets talk more about what my program has and can be done
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:25 AM   #19
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Not sure if this will be of help. Sometime I like to see how much I have lifted in a week, my total tonnage. This spreadsheet makes it easy. Fill in the exercises, reps and weights and it calculates total tonnage for day and week. I thought it was cool.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Workout-calculator.xls (100.5 KB, 225 views)
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:43 AM   #20
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
Not sure if this will be of help. Sometime I like to see how much I have lifted in a week, my total tonnage. This spreadsheet makes it easy. Fill in the exercises, reps and weights and it calculates total tonnage for day and week. I thought it was cool.
Thats another great way of doing it Bama, both ways work nicely.