CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

he posted that in my steve reeves routine thread 1 minute between sets and 5 between exercises
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2011, 09:23 AM   #112
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
he posted that in my steve reeves routine thread 1 minute between sets and 5 between exercises
NO, I did not!

What I said was to work to get your rest between sets DOWN to about 1 minute, and to take up to 5 minutes between moves.

Getting your rest down to 1 minute will require a lot of work, and conditioning.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #113
glwanabe
Max Brawn

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strkout35 View Post
Okay! I know my numbers are going up but cardio-wise, I feel like passing out right as I'm starting dips. How long of a rest do you recommend between exercises? I've been using around 3 minutes but Coop said you like 5?
SO,

You did and additional 6 reps on squats in that workout yesterday. Thats a killer number of reps to go up. It will have an effect on how you feel throughout the rest of the session.

On Friday make your top set 165lbs, but go back to 8 reps and see how you feel at the end of your workout. Think about this! At 165lbs for your top workset you will have added 30lbs in only a few weeks to your squat workset.
Thats damn good work!

DB benching is fine for this program.

Pressing work.

Can you get a vid of you doing your presses?
How wide is your grip on the bar?
How far down do you bring the bar during a rep?

As I said in the original post about this workout we are taking a fast track with it. It was normal to do this program for a month or two at only 1 set. Then increase to 2 sets. and finally after 3-4 months you would be doing 3 sets. Your way ahead of that power curve, and still holding on.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:51 PM   #114
strkout35
Max Brawn
Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66

strkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
SO,

You did and additional 6 reps on squats in that workout yesterday. Thats a killer number of reps to go up. It will have an effect on how you feel throughout the rest of the session.

On Friday make your top set 165lbs, but go back to 8 reps and see how you feel at the end of your workout. Think about this! At 165lbs for your top workset you will have added 30lbs in only a few weeks to your squat workset.
Thats damn good work!

DB benching is fine for this program.

Pressing work.

Can you get a vid of you doing your presses?
How wide is your grip on the bar?
How far down do you bring the bar during a rep?

As I said in the original post about this workout we are taking a fast track with it. It was normal to do this program for a month or two at only 1 set. Then increase to 2 sets. and finally after 3-4 months you would be doing 3 sets. Your way ahead of that power curve, and still holding on.
Thanks GL, i prefer bb benching but when the benches are full i'd rather db bench then wait for a bench to clear up.

pressing. I will try to video tape it next time. I grip the bar with my pinkies on the rings and I bring it down to around my ears. presses really seem to wear me out, something about holding that weight up overhead really stresses the upper body. love it.

_________Goals:__
Squat:______275
Deadlift:_____315
Bench:______185
Press:_______135

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe"
strkout35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #115
strkout35
Max Brawn
Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66

strkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machine

Squats-
135x8
150x8
165x8 +5 pounds

easy.

Deadlift-
135x5
175x3
200x10

focused on keeping the shoulder blades back and down as per the article "excelling in compound lifts" which was just posted on here, felt good.

BTN Press-
75x9 +1 rep
75x8
75x8

experimented with grips today, too wide started hurting my right shoulder so I think i'm gonna stick with middle fingers on the rings

Bench-
95x12
95x11 +1 rep
95x11 +1 rep

really working on bench form, shoulder blades pinched and down, weight on traps and pushing with my legs. its nice to have the weights low and concentrate on form for a while.

BB Curl-
47.5x8
47.5x8
47.5x8 added this set

easy, so easy

Dips-
BWx10/7/5/6/5 Total: 33

felt good, great form

Calf Raises-
135x10
135x10
135x10

great workout today, hit the full thing the way it was written, I have rest times down pretty good now. 1 to 1:30 between sets and 3:30 to 4 minutes between exercises gave me a great pace to work at

_________Goals:__
Squat:______275
Deadlift:_____315
Bench:______185
Press:_______135

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe"

Last edited by strkout35; 01-07-2011 at 04:31 PM.
strkout35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #116
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
NO, I did not!

What I said was to work to get your rest between sets DOWN to about 1 minute, and to take up to 5 minutes between moves.

Getting your rest down to 1 minute will require a lot of work, and conditioning.
this happens to be the same thing i posted above, i think gl just likes givin me hell lol, except i didnt put work down i just put 1 minute so my bad on that
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #117
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

nice workout so
Old 01-07-2011, 05:34 PM   #118
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Coop,

I'm not just giving you hell, you are misquoting me. What you think is a minor thing that does not matter makes a huge difference in getting through the workout.

Your not paying attention to details where they matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe
NO, I did not!

Quote:
this happens to be the same thing i posted above, i think gl just likes givin me hell lol, except i didnt put work down i just put 1 minute so my bad on that
Old 01-07-2011, 05:44 PM   #119
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

Quote:
Coop,

I'm not just giving you hell, you are misquoting me. What you think is a minor thing that does not matter makes a huge difference in getting through the workout.

Your not paying attention to details where they matter.
sorry, ill pay more attention
Old 01-07-2011, 06:14 PM   #120
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Great session SO!

You have done a great job of working your rest times to find a good balance, that allows you to work through the sesson.

Vids look great. You practically snatched the weight overhead. Your arm spacing looked pretty good in the first vid.