Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

I realize I am new here and that I started this log at the beginning of a recovery week, but I thought I would update on where I am headed.

After a long conversation, I finally said, "self, you are a wimp! Stop playing the wimp and get to work." So, the only changes I will be making is moving from a 10,6,4 ladder to a 10.8.6 ladder and I will plan on a recovery week every 5th week. So, 12 sessions hard then a break.

Since this week is a deload/recovery week, I am experimenting. I will be experimenting with some different exercises today and all this week am trying out the Warrior Diet eating style. For cutting it fits my lifestyle a whole lot better than 6-8 meals a day. For gaining, I do not feel I, or anybody for that matter, can consistently eat enough cals to gain. I will see what happens on measurement day this weekend.
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2010, 08:54 AM   #12
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member
Default 11/10/2010 Recovery Week Day 2

Today was a quick get in get out session with a few different exercises just for variety and fun. Goal of this week is just to relax and get ready for next week.

BB Hack Squats
8 x 135
8 x 135

GHR

Pec Deck
8 x 70
8 x 70

Behind the Neck Pulldowns
8 x 70
8 x 70

Reverse Hyperextensions
5 x 20
8 x 20

Verse Of the Day
33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world. (John 16:33, ESV)
Old 11-10-2010, 11:27 AM   #13
TitanWIP
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,856, Level: 39 Points: 3,856, Level: 39 Points: 3,856, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

TitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good posts

Looking good Bam. Best of luck with your training.
TitanWIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #14
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanWIP View Post
Looking good Bam. Best of luck with your training.
Thanks, I am deloading/ recovering this week and then will hit it hard again next week.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #15
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Default Plan for the next cycle

Well since my goal is to add mass, I have thought through my routine and my diet. I have been eating clean and low carb for the last two years, it is time to increase calories. I will be eating in excess for two weeks and then take two weeks to eat at maintenance or below. I want to gain mass and minimize fat.

I am going to continue with my Power Density program, but will be adding a Dual Factor aspect to it. I will train hard for 3 weeks and then take a week where weight will remain up but volume will be cut severely. Those recovery weeks will see a 3 x 3 format for the week and no P/D chasers.

The goal is simple, mass. I want to have to buy new cloths by the summer.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:09 AM   #16
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Default Recovery Week Day 3 11/12/2010

Last Recovery Session for this cycle

Reverse Hyperextensions
8 x 20
8 x 40
8 x 40

Jefferson Squats
8 x 115
8 x 115

GHR
8 x BW
8 x BW

Seated Arnold Press
8 x 35
8 x 35

DB Incline Press
8 x 35
8 x 35

Thoughts
LET'S GET READY FOR MONDAAAAAYYYYY!

Experimented this week with the Warrior Diet. While I was not 100% clean, I was down 1 lb and 1%pt in BF. On my mass cycle, I will use Warrior eating for my two weeks of cutting each month.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #17
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Good stuff buddy, I like the pics (thought they were video's at first)
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:43 AM   #18
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Nice work Bam. How do you like the Jefferson squats? Where do you feel them the most?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:59 PM   #19
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippednmichigan View Post
Good stuff buddy, I like the pics (thought they were video's at first)
Thanks. I have not posted pics before and was experimenting with the timer. Next play time I will be working on video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Nice work Bam. How do you like the Jefferson squats? Where do you feel them the most?
I like the Jeffersons for a variety of reasons. First and foremost is they are not hard on the back. When I do them light, as today, I tend to feel them mostly in the quads, as I get heavier, the hams and quads. They are a great change of pace or supplementary lift.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:23 PM   #20
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I might give them a try. Thanks.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote