Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 03-11-2011, 05:18 PM   #331
MMA Max
Max Brawn
Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

Friday - let down by thursdays work out, I grabbed some Pre surge pe work out and wow! went to town

1) Power Clean and Press -
135 @ 5 pulls & 5 Presses

2) Power Cleans - I pulled faster then last Friday- it was 20 pulls @ 2 mins, will be adding a 3 rounds next week for time
10 Pullls for form
For time - 1x 1:40 seconds - 20 pulls @ 135 awsome pull and snaps
For time - 1x 1:40 seconds - 11 pulls @ 135 awsome pull and snaps

3) Pull Ups And Chest Dips
A) Pull Ups - 20/20/15/15/12
B) Chest Dips-20/20/20/20/20

4) Speed Deads With Bands/Last set with Bands for time
135x12
205x5
205x5
205x5
For time - 1x 1:40 seconds - 22 pulls @ 135 Beat last Fridays Time + Bands

5) AB Wheel And Push Ups
A) Ab Wheel - 5 x 12
B) Push Ups - 5 x 20

" Deutscher Stolz weltweit "

Violence. It may not be the answer, But it sure cuts down on the questions!

Last edited by MMA Max; 03-11-2011 at 06:42 PM.
MMA Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #332
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Solid lifts Max!
Old 03-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #333
MMA Max
Max Brawn

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

I am happy with the cleans. I lowered the weight to get the explosive form down thanks to Sparticus here on the formus. The Pulls for time just kills me but helps my other game out something awesome.

I know my Speed Deads are not super high and 205 with bands is not BEYOND the moon but its really all just a long warm up for the deads for time. Im not a good dead-lifter and I never claim to be months and months ago I was pulling 500 and then I blew my thigh out and was not only out of the game for awhile lifting wise, it killed my MMA game and most fighters DO NOT dead lift ass loads..I do fine Str and Growth wise getting my leg str from Front Squats, Back Power from Pull Ups/Weighted Pull Ups and rowing 200+lb DB's amoung other things.

I love Deads but they are not the end all be all in my book

Last edited by MMA Max; 03-11-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:43 PM   #334
Spartigus
Max Brawn
Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat & Quick Lifts
Fav Supp: Milk
Spartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributor

Looking very strong!!!

Glad your enjoying the powercleans, lots of pulls like that are very hard, shows a lot of heart to do that many!

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training and life." - Wendler
Spartigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:54 PM   #335
MMA Max
Max Brawn

Hey spart- have you tried a power clean to front squat?
Old 03-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #336
Spartigus
Max Brawn

Spartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA Max View Post
Hey spart- have you tried a power clean to front squat?
I havent tried it yet. But in Kono's book its part of the warmup in his Oly lifting program. He does powerclean 3 reps/ front squat 3 reps / jerk once.

Im going to test out his program soon, it looks a lot of fun, the outline is: -

Warmup (3-5 minutes warming up wrist, shoulders, back arch, hips, knees and ankles)
Snatch (8-10 sets in total, from warmups up to your final sets)
Snatch grip High Pull (3 sets varying grip)
Clean and Jerk (8-10 sets in total, from warmups to final sets)
High Pulls (3 sets, using straps on last set or two)
Squats (or front squats)
Stretch

Thats more or less the outline, but part of the warmup for snatch and clean and jerk is that powerclean followed by front squat followed by a jerk, and the snatch warmup is powersnatch followed by overhead squat followed by droping bar (optional if you want to work on bailing out of a snatch).

This is done 3 times a week.

I think I might of gone off topic, but my point was more its a very useful exercise to do, and can be done with a snatch variation as well.

EDIT:
If your interested I can go into more detail on how the 8-10 sets are set out.

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training and life." - Wendler
Old 03-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #337
MMA Max
Max Brawn

I got to try this. Have you tried doing the bear? Power Clean to front squats to front oh press to the back squat from back squat to btnpress back to front repeat?

Old 03-12-2011, 01:57 AM   #338
Spartigus
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA Max View Post
I got to try this. Have you tried doing the bear? Power Clean to front squats to front oh press to the back squat from back squat to btnpress back to front repeat?
I have heard about them, but am yet to try them! They sound hardcore. I think I have to try them.

Old 03-12-2011, 05:56 AM   #339
MMA Max
Max Brawn

@spart- ya im interested in seeing the rep scheme and lay out. How would you format this into a program?
Old 03-13-2011, 07:55 AM   #340
MMA Max
Max Brawn

Offical kill count for day off

6 chicken breast, 1/2 lb ground beef, 1 dozen egg whites with one of those whole, almonds, peanuts, 10-12 cups green brocoli, 1 very large mango with a protein shake