Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Training Logs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Time to cut...before the Winter bulk! (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4389)

ricka182 10-04-2010 01:17 PM

Time to cut...before the Winter bulk!

My old training log was, well old. I figured it was time to start a new chapter, so here it is. I'll be starting "For Real" next week. Right now, I'll just be outlining my routine, diet, and supps. I'll also post some stats, but not until next Sunday night. I'll do all my measurements then throughout, no cheating.

Routine is a GVT style, full body 3x a week. I plan on running on the off days during the week to help burn more. Diet will be as simple as I can make it. No major macro counting, but goal is to keep total cals to around 2000 a day, with a split of close to 50/30/20 - P/C/F.

Supps will be a new step for me. My first foray into PHs. Probably the most mild PH available, 11-Oxo. I'll be starting with about 500mg a day, split into 2 doses, morning and afternoon to avoid loss of sleep. Starting 2nd week, it gets bumped to 500mg, 2x a day. PCT will be BioForge ProMax, Lean Xtreme, and Nolva if needed. Also running Purus Organ Shield for extra support, even though 11-Oxo is not methylated.

I'm still debating the specifics of the diet, but I'm basically going to not eat a lot. And when I do, protein and more protein. Obviously, some carbs for energy, but no over-processed crap like I'm used to eating. Healthy fats from PB and EVOO will help as well.

I'll do my first workout in almost 5 weeks today when I get home. Lots of stretching first, then lifting, then more stretching for the first week. Also want to do more ab work, hanging leg raises and flutter kicks. I hate them both, but they work the abs very well for me..

So, take it or leave it. Here it is. It's all I got, for now. By the time I finish, hopefully there will be less of me to show off, or at least a tighter me.

Stealing from The Joker, and Doc Colossus..

And..here..we..go! :march:

#Maverick# 10-04-2010 03:19 PM

in man and 11-oxo is a bit expensive dont you think, and ur running it at a cutting dose right

BendtheBar 10-04-2010 05:53 PM

Best of luck Ricka. Looking forward to see your program layout and exercise selection.

ricka182 10-04-2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #Maverick# (Post 85275)
in man and 11-oxo is a bit expensive dont you think, and ur running it at a cutting dose right

I got a good price on some bulk powder. And technically, I'm running it at a much higher dose than typical for cutting.

I forgot to mention, I'm working under a new training partner from my gym. He has years of personal experience with AAS/PH/DS, so I'm am going with what he reccomends on everything. I did try to argue the dosage, but I lost. He has run this exact cycle on a "cut", with great results. The only thing that is under my control is the diet. He just tells me how much to eat, and I go with that. I know how to run macros throughout the day, so I'll be eating smart enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 85292)
Best of luck Ricka. Looking forward to see your program layout and exercise selection.

Thanks man.. I was going to post some stuff tonight, but am too tired. I did my prelim workout at home today to get ready for next week, and it kicked my ass, because I've been out for so long. But, I loved every minute of breathing heavy, stinging eyes from sweat, and a little pump that worked up.. Back is sore, but deadlifts can do that.. Will post details of todays sesion, tomorrow morning.

ricka182 10-05-2010 12:53 PM

So today, for the first time in too long... I have DOMS. I love it. It's not that bad, but it's knowing it will that bad soon enough that I can't wait for. It also reminded me how hard a true GVT routine really is. I was beat pretty bad, but still wanted more. Cardiovascular endurance is huge with GVT. Hopefully running will improve my CV overall.

Session from yesterday : All sets had 30 seconds or less in between, and only 2 minutes in between each excersise.

Flat Press - 135 x 12 - 5 sets - Worked very hard to keep elbows in
Deadlift - 135 x 10 - 5 sets - A mix of speed deads, standard, and stiffs. Back was twisted to hell when this done.
Squat - 135 x 10 - 5 sets
OH Press - 45 x 12 - 5 sets - Yeah, really weak here. Next time will bump right up to 65, maybe 75.
Bicep/Tricep - 45 x 12 - 3 sets, all 3 = 1 Superset with no rest.

So overall, the above was pretty weak on weight, but I wanted to start really slow for now. I'll do some cardio and ab work today, and repeat the above tomorrow with a few increases. By next week, I'll be ready to use full weights as planned.

I also want to note that 11-Oxo is nasty tasting. I'll try mixing it with a liquid to see how it dissolves today. If it doesn't, I'll keep using PB...

BendtheBar 10-05-2010 03:48 PM

I like the squat deadlift tag team. Simple and effective workout.

ricka182 10-05-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 85418)
I like the squat deadlift tag team. Simple and effective workout.

That was one of my main goals. Just the big 4, plus a little extra arm work. Although, I think I'll change the order to Chest, Shoulders, Squat, Deads, Arms. Doing deads 2nd yesterday affected my squat and overhead press.

No cardio today as planned.. too tired, and short on time because I went to visit my Sisters kids.

Also, I'll mix the 11-Oxo with some Powerade. It only takes a quick swig and it's gone. Another to wash it down and the taste is gone. I'll still have some PB and fish oil for healthy fats to go with it.

ricka182 10-07-2010 05:56 PM

Wednesday 10/06

Felt good yesterday. Getting used to the DOMS now. Nothing today; Hit a large bucket at the range instead. Working a half day tomorrow, regular workout session, then 9 holes.

Session from yesterday : All sets had 30 seconds or less in between, and only 2 minutes in between each excersise.

Flat Press - 135 x 12 - 5 sets
OH Press - 65 x 12 - 5 sets - Bumped up from 45, felt much better.
Squat - 135 x 10 - 5 sets
Deadlift - 135 x 10 - 5 sets
Bicep/Tricep - 45 x 10 - 3 sets, all 3 = 1 Superset with no rest.

Time to catch up on DVR, then sleepy time. :march:

BendtheBar 10-07-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricka182 (Post 85759)

Time to catch up on DVR, then sleepy time. :march:

^ Anything good? :mh:

ricka182 10-08-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 85767)
^ Anything good? :mh:

Hells Kitchen. I love that show.. Gordon Ramsey personifies complete dickhead.