Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 09-04-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
HumanHorrorFilm
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn
Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

HumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beast
Default Satisfaction is the Death of Desire

Starting a new journal, a whole LOAD of updates

I decided to pull the plug on the last journal, as the last couple pages of it were filled with whiny, emo filled workouts full of laziness, apathy and any other negative word you could throw at it.

To put it blunt, i got pussified, content to blame my job, my sleep habits, etc for failing work ethic.

I tackled the problem, wrapped my head around a solution. If there is a will there is a way and well, im willing. I work, excessive amounts of hours, so rather than whine, i found something on EliteFTS and will be doing 5/3/1 2x/week with an optional third day(ARMS/TRAPS), until my time comes back. I will be hitting conditioning hard, in the form of hills, prowler......Steady state cardio will still be done.

Current Statistics

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 168 pounds

Meet PRS's
Bench: 190
Squat: 345
Deadlift: 465
Total: 1000

Setup will be realtively basic. I got a lot of great suggestions on assistance work from Ryan G(Assassin) on split/assistance advice and am going to implement some of his ideas.

So off, we go.

Sunday, August 29th, 2010

*Hamstring bothering a bit from runnign the big hill on Friday, so didnt push max sets on deads*

Warmups

Foam Roll, Jump Rope, Stretching

Deadlifts

135x5
225x3
275x1
320x5
365x3
405x1-Required reps....speed was very good.

Squats-150(51% of Squat Training Max) for 5 sets of 10
SSB Good Mornings-115x12x5

Accessories...thrown in during Squats/GM's
Ab Wheel-6 sets of 12 w/BW
Neck-2 sets of 50 with Harness+25lb

Tuesday, August 30th, 2010

Cardio- Treadmill Cardio for 70 minutes, 10.0 Incline, 2.7 Incline.

Figured out how i can do work **** on my phone, so i did that during. Went fast.

August 31st, 2010

95 Degrees out....Rough ass parking lot=equals the wishing of my death and subsequent "euphoria" driving home

Prowler

*About 40 yards each "trip"*
*1 Trip=2 sprints (1 High Handle, 1 Low Handle)

Empty Prowler for 2 Trips
Plus 70lbs for 5 Trips
Plus 90lbs for 3 Trips

Lay in parking lot-1 set of 15 mins.

September 1st, 2010

AM

35 mins Treadmill, 10.0 incline, 2.5mph

PM

Warmups

Jump rope, Foam Roller, Stretching

OHP

barx5, 65x5, 85x3

100x5
115x3
130x5

supersetted with-Pullups-BWx5x5(3 sec pause in dead hang)

Incline DB Bench

55x10
55x10
55x10
60x10
60x10

Supersetted with-DB Rows-85x12x5

Dips-BWx15x3
Neck-Harness+25x50x2
Cardio-35 mins Treadmill, 10.0mph, 2.8-3.0mph

September 2nd, 2010

Random Day

Shrugs

245x20x3

supersetted with Seated HS Shrugs-2PPSx20x3

DB Upright Rows

20'sx15
25'sx15
30'sx15
35'sx12x2

DB Curls-5x12
Pushdowns(V Bar)-100 Reps

Prowler

+0x3 Trips
+70x3 Trips
+90x2 Trips
+120x1 Trip

Prowler Flu-1 set of vomiting, dizziness, temporary loss of hearing(not kidding at all) and blurred vision driving home, hahaha.

Prowling in brutal heat is not good, yet fun.

Friday, September 3rd, 2010

Prowler-10 trips(20 Sprints) with extra 70lbs, 40 yards.
"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Reigning Undisputed MAB Beard Champion

HumanHorrorFilm is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2010, 01:57 PM   #2
HumanHorrorFilm
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn

HumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beast

Saturday, September 4th, 2010

AM

50 minutes Treadmill

Weighed in at 167 today

PM

I trained lower body today, as a mistake on my part realized i wouldnt be training tomorrow or monday. So i decided to squat today, after prowler 3 out of the past 4 days. If not for one misplaced **** of a mother****er in the gym, i would have been great. But it was still a brutal way to start my holiday weekend.

Warmups

2x100Jump Rope, Foam Rolling, Stretching

Squats

135x5
185x3
225x5
250x3
280x5*

Story: When I arrived at the gym, there was a loaded barbell with 95lbs between the squat racks. I warmed up, jump rope, etc. no one claimed the barbell and the gym was relatively empty. I start through my sets and nothing, no one coming to the barbell. I load up 280, get through rep, 1, 2, 3 and then overhear some little cocksucker ask if someone is using the bar, rep 4, i hear this kid attempt to move the barbell and it rolls towards my rack, rep 5, this mother****er walks right into the path of the bar, rep 6, i almost hit this ****ing kid in the face and he tells me to watch out. I dump the bar and proceed to unleash a cursing fury telling him he was in ym way, that he should have waited until i was done the set to revel in his douchebaggery and **** up his own workout, not mine. Long story short, an LA Fitness "trainer" came over and "resolved" the situation, actually siding with me and tellling the kid he should be more aware of his surroundings and not get in people's way. I was ****ing pissed. I would have had 8-10 reps. Funny thing is, i didnt see that kid after he walked away, i think he left. ****ing piece of ****, i wanted to murder him.

Squats-(51% Training Max)-150x10x5
Sumo Deadlifts

225x10
245x10
255x10
265x10
275x10

Assistance work(done in between sets of squats, sumo dl)
Neck-Harness+30x65,60
Ab Wheel-BWx13, 14, 15, 15, 12, 8

Cardio-20 Mins Tread Mill
"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Old 09-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #3
highkick09
Max Brawn
Points: 3,980, Level: 40 Points: 3,980, Level: 40 Points: 3,980, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

highkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributor

give it hell man! im in for this
highkick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:26 PM   #4
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Good workouts man! I know what you mean about idiots getting in your way, have a platerack close to the fixed bench in my gym and ive sometimes missed reps completely because of idiots trying to "slide" between my moving bar and the rack to grab some 25's for their curl bar. Drives me ****ing crazy when this happens
Old 09-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #5
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Smash them "curling in the squat rack" infidels...lol

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 04:16 AM   #6
Achilles
Brawn
Points: 568, Level: 11 Points: 568, Level: 11 Points: 568, Level: 11
Activity: 56% Activity: 56% Activity: 56%

Achilles has made some very good postsAchilles has made some very good postsAchilles has made some very good postsAchilles has made some very good postsAchilles has made some very good postsAchilles has made some very good postsAchilles has made some very good postsAchilles has made some very good postsAchilles has made some very good postsAchilles has made some very good postsAchilles has made some very good posts

Solid session! Keep up the good work
Old 09-05-2010, 07:23 AM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanHorrorFilm View Post

Story: When I arrived at the gym, there was a loaded barbell with 95lbs between the squat racks. I warmed up, jump rope, etc. no one claimed the barbell and the gym was relatively empty. I start through my sets and nothing, no one coming to the barbell. I load up 280, get through rep, 1, 2, 3 and then overhear some little cocksucker ask if someone is using the bar, rep 4, i hear this kid attempt to move the barbell and it rolls towards my rack, rep 5, this mother****er walks right into the path of the bar, rep 6, i almost hit this ****ing kid in the face and he tells me to watch out. I dump the bar and proceed to unleash a cursing fury telling him he was in ym way, that he should have waited until i was done the set to revel in his douchebaggery and **** up his own workout, not mine. Long story short, an LA Fitness "trainer" came over and "resolved" the situation, actually siding with me and tellling the kid he should be more aware of his surroundings and not get in people's way. I was ****ing pissed. I would have had 8-10 reps. Funny thing is, i didnt see that kid after he walked away, i think he left. ****ing piece of ****, i wanted to murder him.
Good to have you back HHF.

You have more restraint than me. I probably would have ended up in jail.

Liking the look of the 2x a week program, especially squats and deads on the same day. Since you are rotating which lift, will you be handling de-loads differently, or just ignoring them all together.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:25 AM   #8
HumanHorrorFilm
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn

Thanks guys. i am fighting the good fight against gym douchebags everywhere!

BtB...im pretty much ignoring deloads at this point, though i might throw in a few consecutive days off here and there, due to the amount of conditioning volume

Old 09-05-2010, 11:39 AM   #9
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

looking good man, in for this. kid sounds like a prick
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
Old 09-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #10
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

solid workout brother..keep them up

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote