Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 08-10-2010, 12:42 AM   #1
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Marc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributor
Default Chasing The Dream

I am starting a new log because I really just was not happy with my other one. I will start out with a little background information. Up until December 2009 I did nothing as far as physical activity goes since my middle school days. I enjoyed activities like drinking and smoking cigarettes 5 days out of the week for almost 2 years straight. I am now 22 years old. I decided it was time for a change. I figured I wanted to get as big and strong as possible, hoping that I had some kind of potential in something. After joining a comercial gym and lifting for about 2 months doing a crude form of a split type workout I got hooked up with a private gym in a town about 30 minutes from me. After talking with him about training and my dream of someday entering a strongman contest, he got me in touch with a guy who has since changed my life. He owns a gym about ten minutes from my house with everything under the sun to train Strongman. I was lucky to get the opportunity to train here because it is largely an invitation only type of place. After getting my basic form corrected on my core lifts I got started on my first real training program in March. I had moments of dispair where I thought my god some of these guys are benching 425 pounds or squatting over 600, I was psyched out. But everyone is pretty close knit, pushing each other no matter what it is you are training for. My motivation never stayed down for too long. On July 17th of this year I did my first Strongman contest and took first place. It was part of the Iowa games, a mini Olympics sort of. Not a sanctioned event. Part of me was happy while the other part of me was a little dissapointed. I thought I could have still done better. The program you will see below I started today, 8-9-10. I will do this for 4 weeks. I am starting to prepare with the hopes of completing my first NAS sanctioned event on July 31st 2011.

Week One:

Day 1-

Squat 8x3 with 2 sets of chains
Log Bar deadlift 5x5
A1) Reverse Lunge 2x12
A2) Weighted Situps 2x12
Tire Flip, 50 flips for time

Day 2-

Log Bar Push Press 5x5
DB Rows each arm 3x12
A1) Lying T's
A2) Swiss Bar Curls 3x10
Dips 2x12

Day 3-

Off day or light farmers walk with turn, technique work

Day 4-

Zercher Squat 5x5
A1) Glute Ham Raise 24 total as many sets as it takes
A2) Planks
Prowler with 4 plates and two 25lb plates, 4x40 yards

Day 5-
A1) DB Bench 3x15-25
A2) Swiss Bar Rows 3x15-25

B1) Front Plate Raises 3x10-15
B2) DB Skull Crushers 3x10-15

C1) Plate Pinches 3 x as many as possible
C2) DB Shrugs 3x15-25

Day 6-

Sand bag carry

Day 7- OFF

As the weeks progress, the sets and weight change and the last week is a lighter week. Today being the first day it was off to kind of a rocky start, everything went well until the last thing which was the Tire flip. Tire had a bunch of water in it form it raining a bunch here, after about ten flips it was so wet that even with chalk there was no way I could get ahold of the thing. I was fricken spent as it was though. Defenitely going to be a challenge. Day 5 is kind of a size building day as you can see. I can't wait to see what day 2 will bring, time to hit the couch with some ice packs though!

Last edited by Marc; 08-10-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2010, 12:46 AM   #2
MMA Max
Max Brawn
Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

In this so win this!

" Deutscher Stolz weltweit "

Violence. It may not be the answer, But it sure cuts down on the questions!

MMA Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:44 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Subbed!

We're all behind you Marc. Looking forward to you making some great progress in the next year.

Looks like a very intense program.

Do you need to qualify for a NAS event, or are they open?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 08-10-2010 at 06:47 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #4
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn

Marc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Subbed!

We're all behind you Marc. Looking forward to you making some great progress in the next year.

Looks like a very intense program.

Do you need to qualify for a NAS event, or are they open?
I believe they are open... But it will take me every bit of this next year to prepare.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn

I'm feeling suprisingly good after yesterday, good amount of energy, not sore at all for the most part and defenitely more than ready to tear it up today!
Old 08-10-2010, 02:35 PM   #6
strkout35
Max Brawn
Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66

strkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
I'm feeling suprisingly good after yesterday, good amount of energy, not sore at all for the most part and defenitely more than ready to tear it up today!
thats good to hear. kill it buddaayyyyyy!

_________Goals:__
Squat:______275
Deadlift:_____315
Bench:______185
Press:_______135

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe"
strkout35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:54 PM   #7
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

In for this marc, looks good and nice to get some background info too, good luck buddy
Old 08-10-2010, 03:46 PM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
Crush it!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #9
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Crush it!
I will give it my all guys thank you for the kind words!
Old 08-10-2010, 11:36 PM   #10
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn

Day 2 went well, I hate doing dips but I think that is just because I am no good at them! Defenitely Felt good overall though, Swiss bar curls are kind of fun, Curls for the girls! I guess I am not real good at this whole online log thing, you all now know what I am doing, and today felt great I am super stoaked about this new regiment.