Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 08-06-2010, 01:56 PM   #91
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
What's that, like spinning? I envision someone on a recumbant exercise bike sucking down a McDonald's #6 and a Diet Coke. Something like that would excite me too.
Actually you eat while nude models take spinning classes in front of you...

You bring the models, I'll bring the grub!

Seriously though, you eat the same average daily calories as a clean bulk, but simply eat more on workout days (add more calories PWO), and eat slightly less on non-workout days.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2010, 02:58 PM   #92
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Actually you eat while nude models take spinning classes in front of you...

You bring the models, I'll bring the grub!

Seriously though, you eat the same average daily calories as a clean bulk, but simply eat more on workout days (add more calories PWO), and eat slightly less on non-workout days.
I kind of like your idea, except you must clarify. First of all, the models are female. right? Secondly, they're more on the order of Victoria's Secret than Lane Bryant, right? I guess, if I'm bringing them, I get to choose. Lane Bryant for you then.

Yes, I like the idea of cyclical eating, except that right now, EVERY day is a non workout day.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #93
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I kind of like your idea, except you must clarify. First of all, the models are female. right? Secondly, they're more on the order of Victoria's Secret than Lane Bryant, right? I guess, if I'm bringing them, I get to choose. Lane Bryant for you then.

Yes, I like the idea of cyclical eating, except that right now, EVERY day is a non workout day.
Definitely women. And definitely Victoria's Secret.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:50 PM   #94
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
I needed to make that clear, because on a recent episode of iCarly, there were some European swimsuit models. Turns out they were men.

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
Old 08-06-2010, 06:32 PM   #95
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
NOT Victors Secret. lol
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:44 PM   #96
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

Default Episode IV - A New Beginning

Episode IV - A New Beginning

Friday, 8/6/10

Cals:2,331
Carbs:302
Fat:70
Protein:125

Guess what, I trained today.

Cuban Rotaion and Press (no weight, motion only)
8x2 8x6 - Need to do something to get some ROM back in my right shoulder. I noticed too, that I couldn't get my right lat to "fire."

Box Squats (18" Box)
BWx8x3 - I improvised by using a piano bench for my box. When I was done, I spied a 15" box to use in the future.

That's it. I was done. My shirt was sweaty. I was happy. Humble beginnings to something great.

The other big news. My band has another show tonight, and one tomorrow. Needless to say, I'm out for those, and probably the one next week as well. Well, one of my band mates runs a music store in town and I stopped in today just to say "howdy." We had a good chat. I came home and got to thinking, "how long am I going to be sidelined?" I looked across the room at my horn case. I walked over, pulled out my trumpet and mouthpiece. Set it to my lips, and blew. It was brief. I played part of a warmup exercise lasting maybe 10 - 15 seconds. It didn't sound the best, but it was something. I played just long enough for my wife to come running downstairs, "Is that what I think it is?" I put the horn down, fell into her arms, and started sobbing, "I can do it. I can do it. I can do it."

Huge day for big val.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:51 PM   #97
strkout35
Max Brawn
Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

strkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machine

way to go Val! exercise is exercise no matter how small and that's great news that the trumpet playing is staying as well! Instruments are a great thing to have and can be played your entire life so its great to know you'll be able to continue. keep pushing on my man!

_________Goals:__
Squat:______275
Deadlift:_____315
Bench:______185
Press:_______135

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe"
strkout35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:44 AM   #98
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by strkout35 View Post
way to go Val! exercise is exercise no matter how small and that's great news that the trumpet playing is staying as well! Instruments are a great thing to have and can be played your entire life so its great to know you'll be able to continue. keep pushing on my man!
Thanks, bro. The thing about the trumpet playing is this. I made a deal with myself to hang it up BEFORE my ability to perform slipped. I'm just not ready to let go yet. I figure that my band has another two years of survivability and that's about right for me. After next week, we have about four or five weeks before our next show. That's what I'm shooting for.

Old 08-07-2010, 06:47 AM   #99
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Great to se youre back on track big val! Your a warrior!
Old 08-07-2010, 08:55 AM   #100
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Air Hockey Average Champion! Football Frenzy Champion! Yahtzee! Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

Quote:
Episode IV - A New Beginning

Friday, 8/6/10

Cals:2,331
Carbs:302
Fat:70
Protein:125

Guess what, I trained today.

Cuban Rotaion and Press (no weight, motion only)
8x2 8x6 - Need to do something to get some ROM back in my right shoulder. I noticed too, that I couldn't get my right lat to "fire."

Box Squats (18" Box)
BWx8x3 - I improvised by using a piano bench for my box. When I was done, I spied a 15" box to use in the future.

That's it. I was done. My shirt was sweaty. I was happy. Humble beginnings to something great.

The other big news. My band has another show tonight, and one tomorrow. Needless to say, I'm out for those, and probably the one next week as well. Well, one of my band mates runs a music store in town and I stopped in today just to say "howdy." We had a good chat. I came home and got to thinking, "how long am I going to be sidelined?" I looked across the room at my horn case. I walked over, pulled out my trumpet and mouthpiece. Set it to my lips, and blew. It was brief. I played part of a warmup exercise lasting maybe 10 - 15 seconds. It didn't sound the best, but it was something. I played just long enough for my wife to come running downstairs, "Is that what I think it is?" I put the horn down, fell into her arms, and started sobbing, "I can do it. I can do it. I can do it."

Huge day for big val.

complete and udder awesomeness!!!!!!!