Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 07-19-2010, 08:53 AM   #21
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Have a good week Val. I'll have my cell phone near me at all times. Keep me updated the best you can.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2010, 04:02 PM   #22
tomahawk
Brawn
Points: 3,006, Level: 33 Points: 3,006, Level: 33 Points: 3,006, Level: 33
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

tomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good posts

Hey Val. "Minor surgery" indeed.

Having only read your log it is easy for anyone to see that you are up for this fight and I wish you all the best.
tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:43 PM   #23
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
By the way, I just watched the video of you and BTB. I am glad I live too far away to train with you.
I'm considering moving closer. lol J/K
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:07 PM   #24
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Have a good week Val. I'll have my cell phone near me at all times. Keep me updated the best you can.
Thanks, BTB. I'll try. Although the last text I sent you (as short as it was) took me 45 minutes to execute. It may be easier to call ya. I need to call Tuesday night between 8:15 and midnight in order to get the particulars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomahawk View Post
Hey Val. "Minor surgery" indeed.

Having only read your log it is easy for anyone to see that you are up for this fight and I wish you all the best.
Thanks, tomahawk. I wasn't up for it last night. I had a bona fide panic attack. I was pretty much inconsolable. Neither my wife or I got much for sleep. But yes, I shall beat this. And when I do, hoo boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
I'm considering moving closer. lol J/K
...and I'll move to South Dakota. Seriously though, after watching your workout with BTB, I'd love to tangle with you.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:49 PM   #25
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn
Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

Just caught up - hope all is well with you this week!

http://www.fortheloveofcookies.wordpress.com

-------

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." - George Bernard Shaw

"Start wide, expand further, and never look back." -Arnold Schwarzenegger
sneezingstardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:03 PM   #26
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Thanks, Sneezy. It will be well this week. I think I had my "wig out" last night over the stupisest thing. I'm too tired to toss and turn all night tonight.

I'm going to a good place with the best head and neck surgeon in the world performing the operation, and get this... we share the same last name. He told me he HAS to take good care of me. It's just a matter of waiting now. On the other side of the surgery, I may still be in pain for a while, but it won't be any worse than it is now. Besides, I'm sure they'll give me some high-falutin' pain killers.

I've got a six pack of beer in the fridge. I haven't had a drink since March. I bought the six pack for the day that the doc says a) "Mr. Olsen, you're cured.", or b) "Mr. Olsen, you're doomed." One will be a celebratory toast. The other will be the beginning of an epic send-off.

I'm hoping that 48 hours from now the Menace is gone from my body and life for good.

Hey everyone, tomorrow is going to be kind of busy. We're heading over to Rochester, MN as soon as I'm off work. I don't know if I'll get time to post up anything between now and surgery. If nothing else, I will keep BTB advised. I just want to say that I am extremely touched by all the love and support that you have offered. We're almost there. I can't wait to begin enjoying life again.

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
Old 07-19-2010, 11:11 PM   #27
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

You have a good day Val. We'll catch you on the rebound. lol (old CB lingo) lol
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:25 AM   #28
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
You have a good day Val. We'll catch you on the rebound. lol (old CB lingo) lol
10-4, good buddy (my dad is an old trucker)! I would also accept "We'll catch you on the flip-flop."

Well, the beer in the fridge is officially for celebratory purposes. It looks like all cancer is gone. I'm having difficulty swallowing on my own, and I'm also being fed through a nose tube. For the next week or so. I have a follow up at Mayo sometime. They'll contact me and set it uip. Now, I just need to recover. So, here's my new workout plan. Feel free to critique as you may.

1) Sip water through a straw. My goal today is one ounce. I'd like to increase that by an ounce per day. (OH MAN, I JUST REALIZED THE POTENTIAL FOR PR'S HERE).

2) Try to wean myself off the saliva suction pump. I think hydration will be the key to keeping saliva thin enough to swallow. This morning I dumped 100 ml out of my pump. My goal is less for tomorrow.

3) I've got to try to keep my arms and hands occupied somehow. I'm restricten on weights for now. My arms and shoulders are already numb and tingly though. I'll appreciate any and all input.

4) At least two walks around the neighborhood each day.

For cardio, I'll try to make it to the restroom in time.

Anyway, I'm home, and I'm showered. Life is good.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:18 PM   #29
strkout35
Max Brawn
Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

strkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machine

probably put off the weights for a bit! walks sound like a very very good idea just to help get moving. and yes go for those PRs! water intake and saliva reduction. SFS! (Smash effing Saliva) good to hear youre almost back to normal man

_________Goals:__
Squat:______275
Deadlift:_____315
Bench:______185
Press:_______135

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe"
strkout35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:45 PM   #30
tomahawk
Brawn
Points: 3,006, Level: 33 Points: 3,006, Level: 33 Points: 3,006, Level: 33

tomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good posts

In for lots of PRs.

Well done, Val. Hope you get that celebratory beer soon.
tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote