Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
The swallowing is going better now. Yesterday, in addition to a few ounces of water, I drank a whole Boost supplemental energy drink. That's 8 ounces right there. Today I might MIGHT try coffee.
My appetite is coming back, and those bananas on the counter are looking mighty tempting. I have an appointment on August 9 to get this feeding tube removed. We're trying to bump it up a few days earlier. Things are coming back.
The coffee went down well yesterday. I actually had just a little demi tasse cup (a shot glass for coffee/espresso), but it was enough to satisfy the taste buds. WE were able to get my appointment advanced for feeding tube removal to August 5. I'm ready so smash any and all swallowing tests. I'm still trying to plan out my reentry into the world of solid food. I don't know what to attack first, except to say that in the first 24 hours, a can of Pringles, a Coke, some wheat thins, chocolate chip cookies, and a glass of milk will be involved.

Return to the weight room looks like somewhere around August 19, give or take.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2010, 06:05 AM   #52
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Very glad to hear your doing better val!
Old 07-31-2010, 09:19 AM   #53
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I'm still trying to plan out my reentry into the world of solid food. I don't know what to attack first, except to say that in the first 24 hours, a can of Pringles, a Coke, some wheat thins, chocolate chip cookies, and a glass of milk will be involved.

Return to the weight room looks like somewhere around August 19, give or take.
That sounds like how I would re-enter. Your stomach might rebel, but at least your taste buds will rejoice.

How is your energy level currently?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:22 AM   #54
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Good Luck V

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:31 PM   #55
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Very glad to hear your doing better val!
Thank you, swede. The last few days have been amazing. I can actually feel my mouth wake up. A week ago I was depressed, now I'm hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
That sounds like how I would re-enter. Your stomach might rebel, but at least your taste buds will rejoice.

How is your energy level currently?
Which is why I'm going to put off solid food until I get home. It's about 80 miles from Rochester to here, and not many potty stops along the way.

Energy levels are pretty low right now. I haven't exactly made all my exercise (walking) goals. There's time to work on that though. Im still relying on the roxicet to help me sleep at night and that's only for about 4 hours or so until my stomach wakes me up. We're going out for a drive today, just to get the stank blowed off me. All in all though, things are looking up. I'm about to have a yogurt for lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
Good Luck V
Thank you, gaspers. It has been a long road, but the end is in sight.

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
Old 08-02-2010, 10:42 AM   #56
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

Not much to report. I was able to get my appointment moved up to get my feeding tube removed. That should come out Thursday.

I spent about 4 hours in the local ER Saturday night due to some breathing issues and a fever. They took a chest x-ray to look for pneumonia (negative), and a CT scan to check for a blood clot in my lungs (also negative). I was given a nebulizer to get my breathing ubnder control. Other than that, I'm fine.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:47 AM   #57
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Glad things are going well.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:10 AM   #58
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

Thanks, Rich. I just can't wait to start eating with a fork again.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:19 AM   #59
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Not much to report. I was able to get my appointment moved up to get my feeding tube removed. That should come out Thursday.

I spent about 4 hours in the local ER Saturday night due to some breathing issues and a fever. They took a chest x-ray to look for pneumonia (negative), and a CT scan to check for a blood clot in my lungs (also negative). I was given a nebulizer to get my breathing ubnder control. Other than that, I'm fine.
Hang in there Big V. I can't imagine going through a forced starvation diet like this.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:58 AM   #60
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

I want to lift. I want to SFW! But I realize that there's a lot of groundwork first. I need to get some mobility back in my neck and shoulders. I need to reestablish some aerobic capacity. I need to get my energy back (real food and a food processor should help). I need to get over my appearance (there's some swelling, some misshapennes, the "beard" looks hideous, but these are all temporary I'm sure). I look forward to the day when my hands are calloused and the trophy case is full.