Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Yeah, that's always the catch.
See, I'd like for YOU to come up with a million dollar idea, then pay me handsomely to tell you how wonderful it is. You do the R&D, and I'll do the selling...to you of course.

In big val's dream world, I'd wake up at 6:00 or so and have a light breakfast. Then I'd turn on the Today Show (or something like that), pop my radio headphones on (tuned to Minnesota Public Radio), and practice trumpet for about an hour. Then I'd turn my attention to some sort of money making endeavor for a few hours. After lunch, sometime in the mid afternoon, I'd have gym time. Maybe return to my business until dinner. Practice trumpet again for a couple of hours, then hit the hay. All in big val's dream world.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2011, 07:48 PM   #562
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
See, I'd like for YOU to come up with a million dollar idea, then pay me handsomely to tell you how wonderful it is. You do the R&D, and I'll do the selling...to you of course.

In big val's dream world, I'd wake up at 6:00 or so and have a light breakfast. Then I'd turn on the Today Show (or something like that), pop my radio headphones on (tuned to Minnesota Public Radio), and practice trumpet for about an hour. Then I'd turn my attention to some sort of money making endeavor for a few hours. After lunch, sometime in the mid afternoon, I'd have gym time. Maybe return to my business until dinner. Practice trumpet again for a couple of hours, then hit the hay. All in big val's dream world.
Well, as they say if it wasn't for dreams...

Ever seen the show Shark Tank?

I'll get on the million dollar plan Lingerie football...all the good ideas are taken.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:50 AM   #563
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Lingerie football !!!!

Damn i have missed this log.

Looking good Val

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:18 PM   #564
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast
Default The Birthday Edition

Wednesday, 7/27/11

Workout 2.1.1

The Birthday Edition

Usually on my birthday I would have some grandiose plan to attack a big lift and bust some new PR or something. Not so this year. Overhead Press. My suckiest and least favorite lift. Nowhere near PR numbers.

All exercises were paired into very loose supersets. I didn't "bang, bang" from one exercise to the other, but I did alternating sets at a slightly faster than casual pace.

OHP 42.5 x 5, 52.5 x 5, 62.5 x 5, 70x5, 80x5, 90x6
Chinups 1/1/1/1/1/1

Smith BTN Press 65x8x3
Chinups 1/x/x

BW Dips 7/5/4
EZ Bar Curls 55x12x3

When I got home I wrapped a tape around my flexed arm. It was a full 1/4" bigger than it had ever been. That was my right arm. My left arm was 3/8" bigger than ever.

Well, the countdown is on. A goal that I once set for myself was to deadlift 500 by age 50. I then penalized myself 50 pounds for getting cancer. I now have 2 years to pull 550. We'll work on that. If I stay healthy and keep getting fatter, I might be able to do it.

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
Old 07-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #565
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

Quote:
Well, as they say if it wasn't for dreams...

Ever seen the show Shark Tank?
Isn't that the one where Fonzie...? That was either the last good Happy Days episode, or the first crappy Happy Days episode. I have the same feeling about Billy Joel's Glass Houses album. My wife didn't know I felt that way before we got married. It caused some problems...it really did.

Quote:
I'll get on the million dollar plan Lingerie football...all the good ideas are taken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
Lingerie football !!!!

Damn i have missed this log.

Looking good Val

Carl.
You guys actually seen lingerie football? I made the mistake of watching it one night. What a waste of 30 minutes. My wife found out about it. That too caused problems.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:18 PM   #566
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post

You guys actually seen lingerie football? I made the mistake of watching it one night. What a waste of 30 minutes. My wife found out about it. That too caused problems.
No, I honestly haven't seen it. I hear they have a team in Green Bay though.

We went to an arena game in GB once and the cheerleaders were about 40 pounds of breasts atop long legs. My wife never wanted to go back.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:37 PM   #567
strkout35
Max Brawn
Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

strkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machine

Big Val! Happy belated birthday man, great to see you smashing the weights

_________Goals:__
Squat:______275
Deadlift:_____315
Bench:______185
Press:_______135

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe"
strkout35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:29 PM   #568
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

And happy birthday. Here's to 50 more.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #569
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

Quote:
No, I honestly haven't seen it. I hear they have a team in Green Bay though.

We went to an arena game in GB once and the cheerleaders were about 40 pounds of breasts atop long legs. My wife never wanted to go back.
Minnesota is getting a team this season. Yawn.

Several years ago, my town got an arena league team. Actually, I think it was actually the Indoor Football League. Kellen Winslow was the comissioner. It lasted a season. Nobody ever went. My wife and I got free tickets to an exhibition game the IFL put on here to test the waters. Kellen Winslow was actually here in town. It was an epic game. I couldn't tell you who won, nor do I care. It was an epic game. Too loud for me though. The constant blaring of the music between plays was just too much.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:35 PM   #570
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by strkout35 View Post
Big Val! Happy belated birthday man, great to see you smashing the weights
Quote:
And happy birthday. Here's to 50 more.
Thanks boys.