Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 07-26-2010, 02:47 PM   #31
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post

3) I've got to try to keep my arms and hands occupied somehow. I'm restricten on weights for now. My arms and shoulders are already numb and tingly though. I'll appreciate any and all input.
Sounds like time for some Wii Youtube surfing.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2010, 08:13 PM   #32
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Sounds like time for some Wii Youtube surfing.
You know, it seems our wii internet connection is lousy for videos. So I would also assume that my oldest and your youngest will NOT be playing Mario Cart any time soon. But yes, I WAS hankering some wii today.

Absolutely lousiest day ever today. We finally put a 2+2 together and realized that I was allergic to a couple of medicines. It was making me cough, collect mucus, not able to talk or swallow, plus I developed a rash on my shoulder and a sore on my lip. We were piecing this all together as the home health nurse was here. We decidied that we'd better call the Mayo Clinic right away. Amy picked up her cell phone, and it rang. It was one of my team doctors from Mayo. We were able to get some meds changed pronto. Cool timing.

I have a follow up with my surgeon on August 9. I've also been scheduled for a consultation with Oncology Radiation that day. I'm a little concerned by that. They told me that the surgery would do the trick. But i guess since the damage was worse than they thought, they better play it safe. My first and formost goal is to survive. And do whatever it takes short of another surgery.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #33
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by strkout35 View Post
probably put off the weights for a bit! walks sound like a very very good idea just to help get moving. and yes go for those PRs! water intake and saliva reduction. SFS! (Smash effing Saliva) good to hear youre almost back to normal man
Yes, the weights are not even on my radar now (I should probably abandon this forum, shouldn't I?). Absolutely horrible day though. I didn't get any walks in. I'm not so sure about my water yet, I'll measure in the morning. I poured myself 8 oz. We'll see what's left. Buguaranteed, I WILL be going for PR's to SFS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomahawk View Post
In for lots of PRs.

Well done, Val. Hope you get that celebratory beer soon.
PR's SMASH!
Beer SMASH!

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
Old 07-26-2010, 10:39 PM   #34
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Don't go anywhere Val. You have to many friends here. Just because I probably won't own a Dodge Challenger any time soon don't mean I quit reading about them.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:38 AM   #35
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
Don't go anywhere Val. You have to many friends here. Just because I probably won't own a Dodge Challenger any time soon don't mean I quit reading about them.
Good one, Rich. I'll stick around for a bit.

Crap crap crappy day yesterday. I didn't even drink a full ounce of water. I didn't go for any walks. I did discover, though some possible allergies to meds that had been making things difficult. I DO think I blew a stitch the other night. It was on my last night in the hospital. I had an explosive coughing jag, and I think I pulled the stitch anchoring the back of my tongue on the right side. I told my nurse immediately. He took a look, and didn't think there was anything wrong. I told the Rersident Doctor who was making rounds on Sunday morning about it. He looked at it and decided it looked normal, then he released me. I wrestling with calling my real doctor, but I fear another surgery.

Well, it's time for breakfast. It's my birthday, and the kids want to give me "breakfast in bed," which consists of 16 ounces of formula poured into a bg hanging over my recliner.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:42 AM   #36
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn
Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

Good luck, Val - hang in there!

EDIT: Happy birthday! I hope you have a better day today!

http://www.fortheloveofcookies.wordpress.com

-------

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." - George Bernard Shaw

"Start wide, expand further, and never look back." -Arnold Schwarzenegger
sneezingstardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:45 AM   #37
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

Thank you, sneezy. Not how I wanted to spend the day...

Old 07-27-2010, 08:12 AM   #38
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Well, it's time for breakfast. It's my birthday, and the kids want to give me "breakfast in bed," which consists of 16 ounces of formula poured into a bg hanging over my recliner.
Now that sounds nice! Too bad you couldn't drop some coffee in that sucker.

Hope you have a better day today. It's only down hill from here. Hopefully you will be able to laugh at this very soon. The timing of the allergies couldn't have been worse.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 07-27-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:41 AM   #39
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

Quote:
Now that sounds nice! Too bad you couldn't drop some coffee in that sucker.
I suppose I could, but coffee is actually on my "sip list." Maybe by the end of the week, then I'll have to get me some of that cinnamon bun protein..

Quote:
Hope you have a better day today. It's only down hill from here. Hopefully you will be able to laugh at this very soon. The timing of the allergies couldn't have been worse.
It already is a much better day! I've been up for 4 hours, and haven't had to suction saliva once. My dad stopped by, and I actually talked to him. And by the way, I'm sipping a Boost. It was suggested to me that some people find it easier to start on thicker liquids than thin liquids. So, I'll get the ball rolling with the Boost, and a chocolate shake later. THen work my way back to coffee, broth, water by the end of the week.

Yep, bad timing on the allergic reaction to the meds. That was something that was in the back of my mind as I was having so much difficulty in the hospital. But it was hard for me to communicate, because I couldn't swallow, I was always coughing, I couldn't write because they stuck the IV in my left hand. They had me on some fairly exotic antibiotics. I didn't know I was allergic to anything. I've never had any problems with other more common antibiotics. Too bad it cost me a stitch, and likely another procedure. We'll see. Worst case is I end up sounding like Lou Ferrigno when I talk, and likely give up trumpet. I can probably live with that, if its my choice. I'm not up for any more cuttin'.

Speaking of cuttin', I weighed in on wii this morning. I'm down to 209, and I'm no longer "OBESE." I might keep the wii running and try some frisbee golf this afternoon. It's too hot to mow.[/QUOTE]

Old 07-27-2010, 10:56 AM   #40
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Worst case is I end up sounding like Lou Ferrigno when I talk
I have this vision of Lou Ferrigno sipping a milk shake with a straw right now.

What frisby golf game do you guys have? Is it the Tiger Woods golfing version?