Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 07-13-2010, 04:16 PM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Loving this log Big D. You doing negatives on every rep? Not exactly sure how DC rolls with negatives...

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2010, 04:59 PM   #12
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Loving this log Big D. You doing negatives on every rep? Not exactly sure how DC rolls with negatives...

Im doin negatives on every rep. Actually asked the guys on DC's site about the negatives. They basically said to have a controlled negative, DC gives a 6 second negative as a guideline but overall he wants a controlled negative and make sure you get that muscle to stretch before the concentric phase of the lift. Im really like this style of training. Plus like i said, the extreme stretching technique IMO really helps.

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:24 PM   #13
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaipa View Post
Triceps: Triceps Pushdowns (i like how different cable systems have different weights, on one cable i can almost stack it, this one! brought be back down to reality)
2-3 warm up sets
100 lbs x 10+4+3
I like how it can vary from one crossover tower to the other, and how I can lift on "identical" equipment in two different gyms with diferent results.

Quote:
at the end of the workout i followed DC extreme stretching protocols. Sometimes i do them after the exercises but today i did them all after the workout. I really like the extreme stretches afterwards, i can actually tell the difference it makes.
I love those dc stretches too. I need to start doing them again. They make a world of difference in recovery.

Nice job! You're off to a good start. The only problem is you're making me want to train like a bodybuilder again. Must...stay...focused...

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:22 PM   #14
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn

dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post

Nice job! You're off to a good start. The only problem is you're making me want to train like a bodybuilder again. Must...stay...focused...
Yea brother stay focused..hahah..im giving bodybuilding a try see how it goes..so far going good

Old 07-14-2010, 04:29 AM   #15
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn

i will start to pose some progression pics. Looking to build some muscle mass. pictures don't lie..

Old 07-14-2010, 05:54 PM   #16
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn

Wednesday Workout:
Seated Calf Raises: (Explosive Concentric, 5 second eccentric, hold stretch for 10-15 seconds)
Warm-up:
45lb x 10
90lb x 8
135 x 5
Work Set 90lb x 11

Leg Press (Heel placed high on platform)
1 PL x 15
2 PL x 10
4 PL x 8
6 PL x 8
Workset (rest-pause) 4 PL x 10+3+2

Hack Squat: WOrkout goes down hill!
Warm-up:
1 PL x 10
legs are already shaky
2 PL x 8
leg are really shaky, by now i know im not going to be able to go up in weight which was a big slap in the face
Workset: 2 PL x 10
DONE!!!!

I was soo pissed and didnt understand what the hell was going on with me. Then i notice that i have done this much volume for my legs in forever. Highest reps i did per set was 5. No stamina, i was soo out of breath. So i calmed down and figured i gotta start somewhere.

DB Bicep Curls:
30s x 10
40s x 8
Workset 45 x 8+3+2

Reverse Bicep Curls w. Straight bar
40lb x 12
50lb x 20

Im trying to really focus on using the muscle. Before i was more worried about just moving the weight no matter at what cost. Im seeing that incorporating negatives from DC training is really making you feel that specific muscle work. Im totally exhausted after, my legs were still wobbling throughout the workout. All in all, it was a learning experience.

Mass Addiction/T-Alpha Stack:
Took my first dosage of mass addiciton this morning with my breakfast, as well as took my t-alpha 45 minutes before my workout. I know the Mass Addiction is going to take time to feel anything but T-Alpha didnt do it for me today i guess. Not going to shut it down today but it didn't pull through on the energy and focus it says it has. But gonna keep going with the stack. still early to tell.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #17
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Leg Press (Heel placed high on platform)
1 PL x 15
2 PL x 10
4 PL x 8
6 PL x 8
Workset (rest-pause) 4 PL x 10+3+2
Those absolutely kill. I love doing leg presses that way.

Your later exercises will always suffer from exerting yourself in the earlier exercises. Leave your ego at the door. Dante and his posse are big fellers who have been doing this for a long time (some may even have had a little help - if you know what I mean), so don't go feeling like you've got to be banging their poundages around. I found its best to start conservatively, and allow your self room to progress. Make it easy on yourself early on. You'll have plenty of time to bleed out your ears.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:38 AM   #18
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
Those absolutely kill. I love doing leg presses that way.

Your later exercises will always suffer from exerting yourself in the earlier exercises. Leave your ego at the door. Dante and his posse are big fellers who have been doing this for a long time (some may even have had a little help - if you know what I mean), so don't go feeling like you've got to be banging their poundages around. I found its best to start conservatively, and allow your self room to progress. Make it easy on yourself early on. You'll have plenty of time to bleed out your ears.
Thanks brother. I know what you mean, but it was a good wake up call for me..hahha

Old 07-15-2010, 07:08 PM   #19
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn

Supplement Update:

Anabolic Addiction claims that there Mass Addiction "will aid in rebuilding muscle fibers torn down during intense workouts more rapidly, so you can get ready for your next muscle blasting session!"

After my horrible leg workout where i could barely push anything and my legs couldnt stop shaking even while i sat down, i was sure that i was going to be hurting the next day. Throughout the whole day my legs felt like jello.

Today, I feel just a little tightness here and there but nothing as to what i was expecting to feel after a day like that. So far IMO positive feels for Mass Addiction still on the fence about T-Alpha.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:58 PM   #20
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Strong legwork bro! Great effort