Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 07-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #311
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

You'll get 440. Maybe your CNS was just having a bad day. It happens to the best of us.

Definitely can tell your legs are starting to fill out. Great work Kyle.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2011, 05:29 PM   #312
xKyle10
Disciple of Casey Butt
Max Brawn
Points: 4,707, Level: 43 Points: 4,707, Level: 43 Points: 4,707, Level: 43
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

xKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
You'll get 440. Maybe your CNS was just having a bad day. It happens to the best of us.

Definitely can tell your legs are starting to fill out. Great work Kyle.
I don't think I'm gonna max out for my last heavy session of this routine, I'll save it for Sheiko eventually, maybe by the time I do a 1RM it will be higher, not gonna worry about it.

Casey Butt's Beginner Full Body Split

Phase Six, Week 16, Day 1 "Heavy 1"
7/8/11 (Supposed to be done on 7/9....but I was Anxious)

Duration: 117 Minutes (Includes about 15 min of stretching/foamrolling/ and also Calves/Abs..Also bench took around 20-25 min alone)
Sleep: 5.5 Hours (Thunder/Lighting + My Dog Kept Scratching at My Door fuuuuuu he's a baby)
Calories: (Protein: g Carbs: g Fat: g)
Total Calories Burnt (Polar FT7): NA
Average Heart Rate: NA
Maximum Heart Rate: NA

Flat Bench Press: 6 Sets (FatisBad's Way)
175x6 No help
195x4 No help
215x2 PR, 1 rep no help, 1 rep with a tap
225x1 "PR", tap rep
205x3 1 rep no help, 1 tap rep, 1 assisted rep (a few taps)
185x6 No help
I think if I didn't work from 6-11 am, had 8 hours of sleep, and took the extra day of rest like I was supposed to, I could have gotten everything without help. Not satisfied, +5 lbs on everything next session!

ATG Squats: 4x10 (50%, 65%, 80%, 100% of 10RM)
95 lbs 10 reps
135 lbs 8 reps
185 lbs 6 reps
245 lbs Semi-PR. 3 reps belted (got pinched fuuuu), took belt off, 3 reps no belt, failed the 4th rep
Kinda mad but at the same time, meh. My shorts/briefs were holding me back and seriously limiting my flexibility, brb cant fit into old shorts lol, so I moved them down and the belt only had the shirt in between the skin and when I went down on the 2nd and 3rd reps, I got pinched really hard on the inside of my left thigh. Re-racked, took belt off, got 3 reps very good form, could have had 2-3 more with help but Jay doesn't know how to spot properly lol, he was pushing the bar with his fingers so I fell forward. NEXT TIME! 245x10 or bust, probably won't use a belt unless I really feel like I need it.

Underhand Bent Over Barbell Rows: 4x8 (50%, 65%, 80%, 100% of 8RM)
100 lbs
135 lbs
165 lbs
230 lbs
No belt on anything, usually use it last set and sometimes on 3rd set if lower back is fatigued from squats. Better form than the other session but keeping again.

Standing Overhead Press (To Clavicles): 4x8
45 lbs
60 lbs
70 lbs
125 lbs -PR......2 reps with 125...got lightheaded, 2 reps with 115, same thing....WTF?)
Strong reverse progress the past 2 workouts. I blame it on destroying bench even though I actually felt it in my chest/not in my shoulders. In fact I can't remember the last time I felt it in my shoulders when I flat benched Anywho, hopefully next time this goes smoother

EZ-Bar Rib Curls: 4x8 (50%, 65%, 80%, 100% of 8RM)
35 lbs
45 lbs
50 lbs -5
55 lbs -5
Bis were toast today

Rack Pulls (Right Below The Knee....6 Boards each around 1/4")
135x10
225x
315x6
365x7 PR....I think? Have only done these a handful of times
Wow my grip fails lol, barely could get 2-3 reps with 2 plates then had to chalk it. I think my lower back was still fatigued, be it from working earlier, lack of sleep, etc. Jay got one more rep than me...bastard. Either way, keeping these and might even go a bit lower, not quite mid shin but maybe 2 boards lower. These will help with my weakness from the floor. If I can, I am going to use these for Sheiko, as well as Sumos, not gonna conventional dead for a while, at least until I can fix my weakness.

Standing Machine Calf Raises: 4x8-12
305x12
330x12
355x10
380x8
Also did some random sets of BW calf raises on an elevated board, dat pump. haven't done calves in a while.

Weighted Decline Crunches (Large Decline Angle): 3 Sets
8 lb Swissballx10 reps
8 lb Swissballx8 reps
8 lbs Swissballx5 reps, BWx5 reps

BW Throwdowns (On Flat Bench): 2 SetsxFailure
12 reps
11 reps
Lol my core is so "out of shape", I have been neglecting it for a while but that will change.

Song:

Motivation: Haras AKA NYC Natural (The Hyooooooooge One....Dude is Gonna Be the next Martin Daniels):

Not a bad workout. I would have liked to sleep longer, but....had to work. Wasn't too bad, they asked if I wanted to still til 2:30 but phuck that, working like 23 hours next week and wasn't feeling it. Went and cashed mah first check and then bought me some new headphones....pretty dope. Sennheisers, my former pair were Sennheisers and they make quality shhhh, $70 + 2yr warranty since I will most likely break them lol Sennheiser - Adidas Earfit Sound Isolating In Ear Headphones - Adidas CX 680
They worked good, I took the little fin extension out but that will be VERY useful for cardio...they have really solid bass and gonna put together a monster playlist for my next gym session and to utilize the new headphones. Got Arby's after that, 4 Jr Beefs and a curly fry...man they have gone downhill yesterday their roastbeefs used to be huge now they put barely anything on it :|
Working a bunch this week and gonna be busy working on the ISSA Cert stuff...site still has made 0 progress, the last week I was not motivated at all...this week have work. Yaddayadda excuses whatever lol, not my main priority right now but it will be up before I go back to school for sure. Next paycheck will be boss (bi-weekly)...the one I got this session was from my 1st 2 days working so only 9 hours or something....next one will be a ridiculous amount of hours, CHA CHING. Gonna get either Chucks then Vibrams and then throw the rest in the bank, no more stupid spending for me lol
xKyle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:05 PM   #313
xKyle10
Disciple of Casey Butt
Max Brawn

xKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributor

Jay has work so we're lifting tomorrow. Gonna play some volleyball tonight with some people. Yesterday I did some cardio, about 2 miles. 60% walking, 20% sprints all-out, 20% jogging. VERY out of shape I was dead afterwards.

Plan of attack and the Sheiko template I will be using. Those maxes are subject to change, I used the calculator on the main weightrainer site to come up with most of those except the DL which I hit. Even though I feel like I could have done at least 440, I am going to keep that. If I hit 230 for bench and it feels like a true 1RM I will use that. Thinking about buying microplates but they are $50 so that might have to wait.
I am not going to be bouncing my reps for deadlifts and will make sure everything comes to a stop, got that from Rippetoe in this vid about the RDL:

(Courtesy of BTB)

Also another good video on the DL by Dave Tate (I'm more of a Rip fan though):

For #29 (only one I edited, it is a template found on bb.com by someone in the PLing section), I added direct arm work, lat work, and a few sets of shoulders as advised by some people that I asked who have previously ran several cycles of Sheiko. Plus based on empirical evidence, most people who run Sheiko tend to get great leg gains, bring up their chest, but if they follow as is, they end up with noodles. My arms officially measure 15"! Next up 16s
Gonna do a full write-up with measurements, a video, pics, etc. once I am done with the routine on Wednesday. Sheiko will start Saturday.

Anyways, here is what will go down after Sheiko:

After #29 I am going to do #37 (gonna make a few adjustments, and might have new maxes so will have to recalculate) and then probably one of the #30s, or possible 29 again. Deload around week 12 (So after the 3rd program), and then do one more and that will finish with 16 weeks of Sheiko.

From there, going to run Smolov Jr to bring my bench/chest up (gonna try it instead of BYB and see how it compares). I think that is 4 weeks. Then I will run either 5/3/1 or a variation of Westside, or both, not sure 100% on that yet.

If my squat is still terrible after that, I will be doing Smolov to bring it up.

Around a year's worth of training provided I can do all that. Insurance came back positive for the jaw surgery so it will be covered, going to have to meet with an orthodontist/the oral surgeon again before school starts and see how long I will have to have braces on pre/post surgery. Should be good by the time my 21st birthday comes around in 2012 (November) completely braces-free, which would be awesome. Gonna suck having braces again but oh well, gotta be done.

I threw this first video up on photobucket, but threw it on youtube last night. Also added a new video. My actual camera washes me out and makes me look a bit soft as can be seen. However, I did put on some fat obviously. My waist is about 33ish in a relaxed state (not inhaled, it's around 32 inhaled). It doesn't look THAT big to me, and I was expecting it to be low 32s relaxed. It was 31.5" when I was in the mid 170s and 30.5-31" in the mid 160s.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:36 PM   #314
xKyle10
Disciple of Casey Butt
Max Brawn

Phase 6, Week 16, Day 2 "Light"
7/11/11

Duration: 76 Minutes
Sleep: NA
Calories: NA (Protein: g Carbs: g Fat: g)

20-30 Degree Incline DB Press: 3x6-10
65s - 10 reps +5s
80s - 5.5 reps (Did these on accident, weights weren't marked and thought they were 70s)
80s - 1 rep (lolfail), 75s - 7 reps +5s
Accidentally did 80s which kind of screwed me over, thought they were 70s since the 75s were on the rack and they were before the 75s, but the dude next to me was using those and I wasn't aware. Chalk is rubbed off a lot of the DBs so was like lolwat

WG Pullups (Deadhangs): 3xFail
BW - 9 reps
BW - 8.5 reps
BW - 8 reps
Like these better than pulldowns/haven't done them in a while, surprisingly went fairly well

Leg Press (Narrow Stance): 4x12
5p/side +20/side
5p+25/side +25/side
6p/side +20/side
6p+25/side - 14 reps (everything else was 12) +25/side
Was light-headed during these for some reason but really taking a liking to this machine, feels so natural.

Dumbbell Side Lateral Raises: 2x10
10s
10s
Ryan Doris style, again. TAKE NOTES PEOPLE. Like 5-6 seconds TUT/rep, static hold at the top, controlled negs, flex at the bottom, delts were seriously toast like never before from the added TUT, did slight wrist rotation at the top and hit the rear delts. Had a few people mirin my delts since I wore a doucher shirt (cut-off mid trap) and wtf-ing at the weight I was using. Saw some semi shoulder "striations" under all this fat for the first time in a while.

Leg Extensions/Ham Curl Machine Superset
150/165 (12 reps each)
160/165 (only did a few reps on ham curls due to hammy issue)
The Hamtractor machine usually feels fine but something in my right hammy feels weird on certain hammy machines (kind of like way too much tension), maybe I should have foam rolled prior or something but it does this a lot on machines...left is fine though. Feels like I would almost tear something if I went way too heavy so I just called it quits before doing something dumb.

CGBP: 3x8-12
95 lbs - 12 reps
115 lbs - 12 reps
125 lbs - 10 reps
Fail tris, Jay has larger tris than me and only did 2 more reps, can't wait to get this a lot higher, obviously a bit tired from the incline DB but still.

Underhand Cable Rows: 2x8-10
130 lbs - 10 reps
110 lbs - 8 reps
Machine runs weird at this gym, feels heavier, must have a single pulley or something. Usually can do like 150-160 at most gyms but 130 felt heavy.
SUPERSET

EZ-BarPreacher Curls: 2x10
45 lbsx2 Sets (strict as hell)
Decided to do these today, something new.

Grippers/Steamroller Superset: 2xFail
110/60
100/60
Forearm pump galore

Pec Deck: 3x6-10
80 lbs - 10 reps
70 lbs - 10 reps
60 lbs - 6 reps

DB Shrugs
80sx10 (wasn't feeling it today)

Weighted Crunches (Machine): 3xFail
Skipped

Calves
Skipped (still had DOMS anyways)

Song:

Motivation:

Solid workout, IT WAS SO PHUCKIN HOT THOUGH. Wish the gym had an AC....life would be good. So many paper towels were used. Jay was lethargic and wanted to GTFO and usually he can handle more than me. Humidity fail. Rushed a few exercises and used babyweight on a few but w.e. Solid final light session overall...pumped for the last heavy session gonna go out with a BANG
Meh day overall. Ex is STILL trying to contact me, have not responded since March really when we broke up minus a phonecall in May when she was emailing/texting/calling me like crazy and had to tell her to stop. She is trying to confuse the phuck out of me and said she watched my youtube vid and was mirin my gains lol. Oh well, she dun goof'd
Dat vent
Have to wake up at 5 AM again for the early morning shift....I hate my job already
Brb working with middle-aged people who I have literally nothing in common with. 2 people from my HS work there but have only done 1 shift with one of them. It is fairly taxing on my shoulders. Work up a sweat because the store is so damn hot and have to climb a latter to reach the carriages in boxes/strollers and other heavyish stuff (50-60 lbs for most boxes), so it's awkward and the leverage is not optimal. Brb delts
Gonna work on some sprint stuff with Jay tomorrow and he has me doing some warmups to attempt some low hurdles for the first time ever. Gonna trust him 100% with my cardio regime as he knows his **** like I do lifting so we're even
Also want to try and go to the beach possible Thursday, get my boogyboarding/bodysurfing on lol
Old 07-12-2011, 01:55 PM   #315
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Regarding microplates, check this out:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/pow...al-plates.html

When are you starting Sheiko?

Old 07-12-2011, 07:18 PM   #316
xKyle10
Disciple of Casey Butt
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Regarding microplates, check this out:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/pow...al-plates.html

When are you starting Sheiko?
Thanks Steve those look awesome.

Either Friday or Saturday depending on if I feel like I'm good after tomorrow's last heavy session.

The new Watermelon Xtend came in. They upped the grams/serving so one scoop is now 12.5g as opposed to 13g/2 scoops. TASTES SO GOOD! Definitely better than the old Watermelon Xtend. Toned down the sucralose it seems because I had no problems with it during/post cardio as opposed to the Xtend I have now (Blue Raz + Green Apple). Also the flavoring is not as strong, put it in 16oz of water and it was the perfect amount. Not bad, 30 servings for $12 since I got in on the deal

7/12/11: Cardio
Warmup = 400m Jog (1 Lap)
Stretches/Hurdle Walkovers

2x20m @75%
2x40m @80%
1x20m @80%
1x30m @80%
1x40m @80%
1x30m @80%
1x20m @85%
2x40m @85%
2x150m @85% (straightaway +corner, walked in between these)

Misc. Swimming ~Half Hour

Looks like a lot but didn't take that long. % are based on what I did in HS and what it felt like, kinda out of shape but surprisingly did decent, was like high 80s out too.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #317
xKyle10
Disciple of Casey Butt
Max Brawn

Phase Six, Week 16, Day 3 "Heavy 2"
7/13/11

Duration: 120 Minutes (Including having to wait/work in on squats w. someone + foamrolling/stretching)
Sleep: 5.5 Hours
Calories: UPDATE (Protein: g Carbs: g Fat: g)

Flat Bench Press: 6 Sets (FatisBad's Way)
180x6 +5 lbs (no help)
200x4 +5 lbs (no help)
220x2 PR; +5 lbs. 1 rep no help, 1 rep w. a tap
230x1 "PR", +5 lbs; very slight tap
210x2 +5 lbs, could only get 2 reps, one w. no help, 1 w. a tap
190x6 +5 lbs (no help)
Happy with this overall, would have liked to get 230, was oh so close but my damn sticking point messed me. Still using it as max for sheiko

ATG Squats: 4x10 (50%, 65%, 80%, 100% of 10RM)
95 lbs 10 reps
135 lbs 8 reps
185 lbs 6 reps
245 lbs PR; no belt. 9 reps, 6 reps no help, 3 reps w. a small spot
Foamrolled nice and long and had longer rest. Worked in w. one of the employees doing box squats. Tried telling me parallel is where the femur = parallel, told him top of quad but w.e. didn't feel like explaining so was just like okay.jpg. Felt good doing no belt, only gonna use it when completely necessary, don't plan on using it too much for Sheiko.

Underhand Bent Over Barbell Rows: 4x8 (50%, 65%, 80%, 100% of 8RM)
100 lbs
135 lbs
165 lbs
232.5 lbs PR, +2.5 lbs
No belt on anything. Found these 1.25 lb plates hidden near the platform awwwwwwwww yeah, still gonna buy those washers though so I can use them when I go back to school and have a bit of a smaller incremental load. Definitely will be helpful for bis/tris, bench, everything really

Standing Overhead Press (To Clavicles): 4x8
45 lbs
62.5 lbs +2.5 lbs
72.5 lbs +2.5 lbs
127.5 lbs PR, +2.5 lbs; 5 reps strict OHP + 4 reps PP (9 reps total)
Finally got a PR on this, very good step up from 125x2 last time, before this my PR was 125x4+6 PPs on 6/25

EZ-Bar Rib Curls: 4x8 (50%, 65%, 80%, 100% of 8RM)
35 lbs
45 lbs
55 lbs +5
60 lbs PR; +5 lbs & added TUT
Took a tiny bit longer rest, added more TUT as well so PR on last set, soooooooo much $ for dem bis

Sumos
135x6
225x4
315x1 (grip fail lol), 315x5 (no belt)
345x6 (belted + not to faiure, 85%ish maybe)
365x5 (same as above, had 2-3 more in the tank), Possible PR, last time I did these I bounced and got 355x6 on 6/20 then did the whole max-out thing the next few workouts
Didn't go to failure on ant set, had 2-3 more in me on the last one but wanted to keep good form. Jay checked my form on every set and vice versa. No belt until the 345 set.

Standing Machine Calf Raises: 1x10
330 lbs
Different machine, didn't feel right and a pad on the lower back kept moving: 3x10
Lvl 22/25
Lvl 23/25
Lvl 23/25
Level 25 = max

Weighted Decline Crunches (Large Decline Angle): 3 Sets
Skipped core work

Static Holds: 3xFail
225 lbs
275 lbs
275 lbs
Adding in a few sets of these at the end of every workout to get my grip up, no chalk just hold until failure.

Song:

Motivation: Adam Pfau (AKA OoFap)

Decided to give it everything I got and go out on the routine with a bang! To be fair I could probably keep running it for a few weeks, but honestly it is getting stale, and I hate going to the gym on the accessory days (not sure why). PUMPED for Sheiko. I feel fine, most likely will start Friday. Purposely went fairly lightish on sumos, and made sure not to bounce any rep, form was very good, need to drop my hips about on the last few reps of each set.
Only got 5.5ish hours of sleep, and still had a bomb workout. Had 1 scoop (2 servings now) of Xtend @ work, and a scoop during workout. No stomach problems, I love this stuff.

Write-Up for FBR:
Measurements (Via Casey Butt's E-Book on Measuring Properly)

11/28/10 | 7/13/11

Weight: 173.8 lbs (morning weight) | 188.6 lbs (post-gym weight; 191.6 last night) +14.8 - 17.8 lbs (morning weight fluctuates
BF %: ~12.5-13% | 14.5-15.0% +~2-2.5% BF
Chest: 39" | 40.5" (+1.5")
Shoulder Girth: 46" | 47.5" (+1.5")
Right Bicep: 14.5" | 15" (+0.5")
Left Bicep: 14.2" | 14.6 (+0.4")
Right Forearm (Straight): 11.7" | 12" (+0.3")
Right Forearm (Goose-Neck): 12.2" | 12.4" (+0.2")
Left Forearm (Straight): 11.4" | 11.6" (+0.2")
Left Forearm (Goose-Neck): 12" | 12.1" (+0.1")
Neck: 15" | 15.1" (+0.1")
Right Leg: 23.3" | 24.2" (+0.9")
Left Leg: 23.2" | 24" (+0.8")
Right Calf: 15" | 15.7" (+0.7")
Left Calf: 14.5" | 15.2" (+0.7")
Waist:
Inhaled: 30" | 32" (+2.0")
Exhaled: 33" | 35" (+2.0")
Average Waist: 31.5" | 33.5" (+2.0")
Hips: 33.5" | 35" (+1.5")
Glutes: NA | 40.5" (lol)

Lift Progress:
As of 11/28/10 (Beginning of Program) (Did not use the Numbers Until 2/14/11) | As of 7/13/11
Squats: 180x10 (Parallel) | 245x9 (ATG)
Conventional Deadlift: (Didn't use a true 10RM until around May; 305x10 on May 20th) | Not sure max now, probably 345x8ish
Sumo Deadlift: (Never performed until 3/28/11, didn't use near a max until May 23rd, 320x12) | 425x1 (Probably a bit higher)/365x8-10ish
Flat Bench Press: 160x8? (Not sure) | 225x1 (Estimate), 190x6 (Today, last set, probably could hit 8 fresh)
Underhand Barbell Rows: 170x8 | 232.5x8
Standing Overhead Press: 90x8 | 127.25x5

Overall around 5 months of progress for the lifts as the prior phases did not allow for PRs to be set.

(Not going to list others as I changes a lot of exercises and Light Days only went to 80-85% for most sets)

Overall, this routine was awesome and I definitely learned to appreciate a full body approach to lifting which I will certainly utilize in the future. If I were to change one thing about how I ran the routine, I probably would have not done SLDL at all and just did conventionals on one day and sumos on the other (as I am doing now). I also would have consistently stuck with flat bench instead of decline for a while, incline for a while and then finally switching to flat bench. For me, personally, straight sets or just ramping does not allow me to progress in bench. I think utilizing BYB and then the new ramping that I have used the past few workouts helped tremendously.
For beginners who have very little experience using compounds, the routine should definitely be ran the way I did it going through all the phases. This was evident when my friend lifted for a few weeks, had a few months prior but could only do 2 sets at around the % that I used in the beginning of the routine for his maxes. As far as someone with my level of training, it did not need to be ran like such. Jay hopped on my routine around week 8 and was able to make fine progress and keep up with me number-wise. I would probably have just jumped right to Phase 6 and been in a slight surplus.

I regret not tracking my macros/calories. I put on WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much fat after going through some pictures and feel like I am around 14.5-15% BF which I am unhappy with. I know I said I was just going to keep on bulking but I would like to recomp back down to 12-13% so I will most likely be around 180 or so, gonna start tracking my macros/cals and definitely stay consistent with cardio to drop some fat. Clearly I put on too much as my waist jumped up 2". I am happy with most of the measurement increases, but I feel like all of this fat is hiding a lot. I took some back double bi shots and they looked awful, my hips/waist are holding far too much fat, you can even see that in the RLS, so its time to control the weight gain a bit before I go overboard. Going to clean up my diet a bit, not so much eating different foods, just less of it. Need to start tracking calories so I can see what is going on with that. I clearly do not look 190, at least what 190 should look like on someone on my frame. I feel as if I could look decent at 175-180 so that is probably what I am going to shoot for, and then control my bulk a bit, especially during school with rugby and everything else I'll be doing. It's pretty easy to go overboard on my diet at school.

Overall, pleased with progress from FBR, ESPECIALLY my lifts. My strength jumped up a lot and I owe that to being consistent with the routine/compounds in general. I am going to focus on strength for a while (hello Sheiko, 5/3/1, Westside, Smolov/Smolov Jr, etc.) Once I have some decent numbers, I will be looking at trying something like a 3-4 day routine much like this version. Perhaps HST or an HLM style routine, hell I might even give a version of power/hyper a run. If not, most likely a Push/Pull/Legs or ABA type of split. I'm not happy enough with my strength to go to one of those types of routines, and my approach is to be able to move decent weight for reps, and then apply it to a style of routine that allows for more hypertrophy. Granted there is some carryover but the routines I am running over the next year or so will be geared towards gaining strength and maintaining 12-13% BF and SLOWLY adding weight, definitely not going too crazy with that.

Quads + Latspread Vid/Some RLS Shots (Not that pale as the vid shows lol):

I have a few marks on my back from the bar during squats, but I definitely have a bunch of acne.

Compare that to this shot (April 24th):
Old 07-15-2011, 07:39 PM   #318
xKyle10
Disciple of Casey Butt
Max Brawn

Sheiko #29, Week 1, Day 1

7/15/11

Duration: 116 Minutes
Sleep: 4 Hours + 3.5 Hour Nap = 7.5 Hours
Calories: (Protein: g Carbs: g Fat: g)

Flat Bench Press:
50% - 1x5 - 120 lbs
60% - 2x4 - 140 lbs
70% - 2x3 - 165 lbs
75% - 5x3 - 175 lbs
Everything went as expected, no wrist wraps.

ATG Squats:
50% - 1x5 - 160 lbs
60% - 2x5 - 190 lbs
70% - 5x5 - 225 lbs
No belt, don't really want to use one until I'm working with 80-85% and only when seriously necessary.

Flat Bench Press:
50% - 1x5 - 120 lbs
60% - 1x5 - 140 lbs
70% - 4x4 - 165 lbs

Accessory Work

Pec Deck: 5x10
30 lbs
40 lbs
40 lbs
50 lbs
50 lbs
So much TUT/MMC, ridiculous pump + little rest

Glute Ham Raise: 5x5
BW (5 Sets)
Machine below (but an outdated version), these took a while to set up but once we got the hang of them they were $

EZ-Bar Curls: 2x6-10
55 lbs - 10 reps
65 lbs - 8 reps
Regular form, whipped through these.

Hammer Curls: 2x10
25s
30s
Nice and controlled.

Widegrip Pullups: 3x5-10
BW - 7 reps
BW - 7 reps
BW - 6 reps
Solid form, not deadhang on all but pretty close.

DB Rows: 2x6-10
45s - 10 reps
45s - 8 reps
Strict as phuck, form from Eric Helm's article (if unaware): "Lastly, think of pulling from the elbows not the hands. Use straps, or a thumbless grip and try not to "death-grip" the handle. This can help the biceps take less of a role during the movement."

Bent Over Calf Machine Raises: 3x12
Lvl 22/25
Lvl 23/25
Lvl 23/25
Level 25 = max, amazing pump.

Grip Holds: 3xFail
110 lbs
130 lbs
150 lbs
Thumbless Grip, Machine (Except with an adjustable stack/tall enough to be able to stand straight up):

Song:

Motivation: Berto/Erik Holm/Eric Helms (BERTO'S SIDE TRI = FUUUUUUUU!)

Overall nothing exciting, honestly not sure how it took 2 hours, mostly accessory work that took a while. We ran through the first bench, and most of the squats. No pain at all, technically was supposed to be done tomorrow but me and Jay both have **** to do/going to a party. Jay has work Sunday so next workout will be Monday, which works out good. Don't have work til Wednesday and Friday next week, phuckin 4 am and 5 am shifts fuuuuuu
Gonna get destroyed tomorrow It's been a while and should be a good time, haven't seen most of the people in over a year except for a select few.
Overall a change of pace, whipped through pretty much everything due to the % not being higher than 70-75%. 5x5 with 225 on squats took a few extra minutes because I foamrolled between sets (lower back mostly, was tight as hell). Also found a PVP pipe type of foamroller in the gym and going to slowly introduce that as I have "out-grown" my current foamroller.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:05 PM   #319
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

I really would like a glute ham raise like that.

Can't wait to see how Sheiko treats you. Best of luck.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:42 PM   #320
strkout35
Max Brawn
Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

strkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machine

yo kyle you've made some awesome progress since the last time i checked out your log. those are some awesome squats. cant wait to see how you do on this

_________Goals:__
Squat:______275
Deadlift:_____315
Bench:______185
Press:_______135

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe"
strkout35 is offline   Reply With Quote