Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Awesome workout craig,very strong numbers.

What kind of shoes do you wear when squatting? Do you wear the same ones for strongman?
Old 11-18-2010, 10:54 AM   #382
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn
Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Fav Supp: ON's Pro Complex Gainer
Craig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
Awesome workout craig,very strong numbers.

What kind of shoes do you wear when squatting? Do you wear the same ones for strongman?
Thanks.

I wear all kinds of shoes. The ones I do free squats and overhead lifting in are VS Weight Lifting Shoes. I wear wrestling shoes for when I do deadlifts, goodmornings and box squats (I wear them on farmer's walk usually since the pick up is the hardest part for me and it gets me lower to the ground). I just wear regular shoes/cross trainers for everything else and "lucky shoes" for stones haha.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:59 AM   #383
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

thanks craig, sounds good.

I am looking into different squat shoes, but I am really just looking. I love my chucks
Old 11-19-2010, 08:35 AM   #384
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

Craig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributor

November 18, 2010 - ME UB

Dynamic Warm-ups

Swiss Bar Floor Presses
45x10
95x5
135x3
165x3
195x3
225x3
255x1
275x1
295x1
315x1
330x1
340x1

Axle Incline Rack Half Presses w/ IW#1's dbl (+95lbs)
72x3
92x3
115x3
135x3
155x3
175x3
195x1

One Arm Dumbbell Rows (straps)
140x12/12 PR+5lbs
140x12/12
140x12/12

Seated Rope Cable Face Pulls
80x12
90x12
100x12

37 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Pretty good workout. Swiss bar was awkward to unrack (first time doing that as the first time I used it I was doing them suspended from chest level). That will take some getting used to I'm sure. Always takes me a bit to get warmed up on straight weight bench lifts. Got 340lbs which is 10lbs off my barbell max. Probably had another 5lbs in me but no reason to go for that when I had just barely got the previous rep. Probably could have done five reps with 306lbs but I screwed up the second rep and wasted a lot of energy. Next exercise was another new one. I picked it up from reading Clint Darden's log on Elitefts. Essentially a partial incline press off of pins with an axle and band tension. He's using a different band rigging setup so I just went with what I thought might be similar. I also didn't know how I would do so I started really light (and forgot to add the micro weights to make the bar 75lbs). I was quite surprised that I was able to do 175lbs for a solid triple and to find how hard this exercise hits the shoulders and triceps. Definitely a keeper. Went on to an exercise I haven't done in a while; one arm db rows. I figured I wouldn't have lost any strength on these and I was right; did 140lbs for three sets of 12 with some effort. I then did a twist on an old lift by doing face pulls on the rowing stack. In the past, I had done it using the pressdown stack that only goes up to 150lbs and feels much lighter than the row stack and pulldown stacks. These felt good. Went home and stretched.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:17 PM   #385
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

November 19, 2010

Walking 33 minutes

Comments: Nice and cool out today. My lead insert arrived today. Weighted it and it came out to 44lbs. It was advertised as 50lbs but seeing as how they got them from another place that sells 45lbs inserts, I guess that makes sense. It should still be enough with the 22lbs I have to make a +500lbs atlas stone. If not, I got a lot of iron plates. Plan on making this sumbitch tomorrow.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:10 PM   #386
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

November 20, 2010 - DE LB

Dynamic Warm-ups

13.5 Safety Squat Bar Box Squats w/IW#2s dbl
No Bands
60x10
105x2
155x2
205x2
Add Bands (+205lbs)
60x2
110x2
160x2
210x2
210x2
210x2
210x2
210x2
210x2
210x2
210x2

Safety Squat Bar Lunges
180x5/5
210x5/5
240x5/5
270x5/5

Weight Swings
155x12
155x12
155x12

34 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Slept in late (didn't mean to haha) and spent a good portion of my day setting things up for making the big atlas stone tomorrow (buying concrete, sand, securing insert, etc). When I got to the gym, I decided to go back to 3 exercises a workout, I just feel refreshed rather than beat to hell. Box squats felt good, upping the band tension next time and starting it over again. I wasn't sure how lunges would go since I've never done them with my ssb (always with the one at Max Fitness) but those concerns were unfounded as picked it back right where I left it haha. Weight swings are still giving me fits. I'm going to stay at this weight until I can do these all in a seamless clip (I always get off balance at this weight). I know I can do it as the last six reps of the last set were perfect. Finished up with stretching.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:36 PM   #387
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

November 21, 2010 - Events

Dynamic Warm-ups

Yoke
440x70'
530x70'
620x70'
710x70'
800x70' (1 drop)

Keg Tosses
33x6
33x6
33x6

14" Pick Frame Carries
305x70'
305x70'
485x73'
585x73'
665x0
625x73'

Comments: Kind of a fun workout today in Chambersburg. Joe was there and I had him watch my form on yoke. He says it's getting much better. It certainly feels like I'm moving more efficiently and quickly. Had to drop 800lbs once because it slid off my back. I forgot to chalk up my back was berated for it. Did all the yoke stuff beltless and it felt good. Didn't go too hard on keg tossing as I was feeling the weight swings from yesterday. My plan is to eventually get to doing 3x12 on the keg toss. Then it was frame carries. Joe had me using the low pick handles as my grip is strong but my pick sucks and seeing as how a fellow lifter was able to do much more weight on a higher pick after training on these, I thought that was a good idea. I also wore my regular shoes as opposed to my wrestling shoes so the pick would be even tougher. Broke 665lbs off the ground in the back but it was a no go. Got 625lbs no problem. I want to get over 700lbs from this height pick eventually. Went home and made my atlas stone. It should be a monster. Then raked up the neighbor's leaves. Workout tomorrow and then deload until next Sunday.

Video -
Old 11-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #388
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

November 22, 2010 - DE UB

Dynamic Warm-ups

12″ Log Push Presses w/ IW#4s choker & #3's basket
No Bands
90x5
90x5
130x2
160x2
190x2
Add Bands (+125lbs)
90x2
110x2
130x2
130x2
130x2
130x2
130x2
130x2
130x2
130x2

Double Overhand Axle Power Shrugs
225x3
265x3
305x3
345x3
385x3 PR+10lbs

Seated Rope Cable Face Pulls
105x12 PR+5lbs
105x12
105x12

36 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Good session. Right calf muscle was very tight the day before so I intentionally missed the morning bus so I could walk on it and get some blood flowing into it. Still quite stiff. Not sure what happened as I got to the gym but my left ankle started to bother me, it felt as if I had been hit by something there. Some sets were good, some not so good on log push presses. Two more weeks at this band tension. Last set was picture perfect. Axle power shrugs were pretty good, got a lot of height on them up to 305lbs. Not so much on 345lbs. 385lbs was very tough to hold on to and really wanted to come out of my hands but I got the reps. Finished up with face pulls. I'm dropping the rear delt raises as the one arm rows hit the same area in a similar fasion. First set felt terrible but the last set was butter. These make my shoulders feel happy. Finished up with stretching. I'm most likely taking off Wednesday from lifting (I have a massage scheduled for after work) rather than do a deload workout. So next workout is most likely Sunday.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:50 PM   #389
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

November 28, 2010 - Events

Dynamic Warm-ups

Yoke
440x75'
440x75'
530x75'
530x75'
620x75'
620x75'

Tire Flips
860x3
860x3
860+300x1
860+300x1
860+300x1
860+300x1
860+300x1

Keg Tosses
33x2
33x2
33x2
33x2
33x2
33x2

PLAY Stone Carries
300x40' (w/pick)
300x140' (turns at 70') PR+40'
300x221' (turns at 40') PR+121'

350x0 (w/pick)
350x60' (w/pick) PR+50lbs

Comments: Good to be back home. Got home at about 1:00 from Virginia so I was quite tired come morning. I didn't have access to weights while in VA for Thanksgiving but I did cut down a tree and split wood for about an hour and then went for a half hour walk. Went hiking for a little bit on Saturday. Felt tougher than last year with this extra 15lbs of weight I've added. Took quite a few naps out of boredom. Anyways, back to this workout. I was running a little late and as I drove by the Stable, I saw Joe leaving in the other direction. My first thought was ARGH!. Turns out Joe had to leave early to be with the family but Wes, Bill and Zack were there. I did some light, beltless yoke runs for speed. Felt good but I had the pick height up one too high so the yoke was nearly dragging if I didn't stay perfectly tight. I did some flips with the 860lbs and they were easy. I added the 300lbs tire to that. A bit tougher than expected so I decided to stick with it for several sets rather than try going heavier. Plus I was by myself after two flips with the combo tire setup. I didn't want to go after two events and the one I had in mind was just going to be awful so I did keg tosses again. I just took the two empty kegs and through them in sequence for six sets. Then it was time for the awful PLAY stone. I had told Andy we had a Husafell stone that was plateloadable. I figured I'd do some work with it as well make a demo. Despite my difficulties with it at first, I got many PR's on it. I'm most happy with the pick up and go with 350lbs after missing it. I want to be doing 400lbs off the ground in the future, especially to push Andy as he gets ready for the Arnold. I also cracked open the stone mold. Looks good but will need some sanding. Also sending out my entry form for Battle at the Barn III tomorrow. Looking forward to training with Andy and Mark at Brute Strength Gym this Saturday. These next couple weeks will be good.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:33 AM   #390
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

November 29, 2010

Walking 31 minutes

Comments: Just late night walking for me. Really no point in doing a deload workout. Back to heavy stuff on Wednesday. Time does the opposite of what others say it does for them. Rarely am I relaxed. I feel anxious, ready to get back to lifting. Especially if I see or hear others are lifting heavy or hitting personal bests while I'm resting. But I got to keep that under control.