Old 11-11-2010, 11:37 AM   #361
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn
Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: ON's Pro Complex Gainer
Craig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributor

November 10, 2010 - ME LB

Dynamic Warm-ups

Deadlifts
135x5
185x5
225x3
275x3
315x3
365x3
405x3
455x1
495x1
545x1
585x1
625x0
527x3

Safety Squat Bar Step Ups
85x3/3
105x3/3
125x3/3
145x3/3
165x3/3
185x3/3
205x3/3

Glute Ham Raises
bw+10x12 PR+5lbs
bw+10x12
bw+10x12

36 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: At the time, I was very, very pissed off with how this workout went but now that I've had time to reflect on it, I'm not as pissed. I was actually debating whether to do banded rack pulls and save going for a max on deadlifts until after Thanksgiving break. Well everything felt good and easy. I felt like I could do 405 for 20. Hell I did 545lbs double overhand. But 585lbs felt pretty tough. That made me angry. My goal was 625lbs. I had to get that. I'm so much stronger than I was back in late march when I got 605lbs. I set up for 625lbs and pulled. Only came up a few inches. Disgusted with that and nearly killed all motivation for the workout (I hate when I get like that). Did 527lbs for my downset (based off of 585lbs) and was going to stop at two reps but luckily Bentz was yelling at me and I pulled another rep for a triple. I felt like crap even doing step ups. I started way too light on those and didn't feel like I was doing anything until 185lbs. Probably not going to keep those. Ghrs were tough but I got all the reps with 10lbs and went home to stretch.

Now upon reflection, I can see some places where I went wrong. I am stronger than last time but I couldn't show it on the deadlift. Grip was stronger, hips were stronger, legs were stronger but back was fatigued. My dad reminded me that I had done heavy atlas stones on Saturday and then did heavy simulated car deadlifts on Sunday. I had even told him that the simulated car deadlift rep felt tougher than the car deadlift I had done at Brute Strength (which was around 700lbs in hand). Also I have changed how I pull. Before I just did a grip and rip style pull but it has become more and more apparent that this style isn't the most beneficial in strongman events. In most pulling based events, I have to set my grip and can't do the grip and rip. That is why I'm now using a deadlift bar for deadlifts and using straps for the rack pulls to get used to being fast from a dead start. That actually seems to knock a bit off my pull doing it that way as well. Back in March I did 495lbs this style and it felt slow so I went back to grip and rip (ended up pulling 605lbs). That 495lbs felt like 545lbs today and 585lbs felt tougher than 585lbs grip and rip style. So in actuality, my dead start style deadlift could have been closer to 545lbs but that is just speculation. I will be using this style of pull from now on so I had best get used to it. Obviously, I'll need to make some tweaks to allow for adequate recover. May have to drop simulated car deads for something that isn't so tough on the lower back. We'll see.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2010, 01:09 PM   #362
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Nice work Craig. Was your back feeling beat down leading into the workout?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #363
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

Craig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Nice work Craig. Was your back feeling beat down leading into the workout?
Thanks. My back didn't feel all that beat up but I have been going hard on lower back exercises.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #364
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

November 11, 2010 - ME UB

Dynamic Warm-ups

Axle Strict Presses w/ Chains
No Chains
75x5
Add Chains (+28lbs)
75x5
Add Chains (+50lbs)
75x3
Add Chains (+72lbs)
75x3
Add Chains (+94lbs)
75x3
Add Chains (+116lbs)
75x1
95x1
115x1
135x1
155x1
175x1
146x3

Close Grip Rack Lockouts
295x3
335x3
385x3
425x3
475x3 PR+2 reps

Pullups
bw+5x12
(Neutral Grip)
bw+5x12
bw+5x12

33 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Pretty much needed a crowbar to pry me out of behind today. So tired. I have some more thinking and sorting to do. Felt awful going to the gym but the sluggishness turned to anger seeing that some jag-off had jammed a carabiner on to one of the chains. Took some effort to force it off. Pressing felt good. Did 10lbs more than what I've done with a barbell. 175lbs was a grinder to lockout and even when I locked it out, it wasn't a sure thing. Got three on the downset and really fought for a fourth but it wasn't happening. Lockouts were strong, got all three reps with 475lbs. Started doing pullups but they really bothered my biceps. I tested something out and went upstairs to use the parallel grip. What do you know, no pain. With that out of the way, did two easy sets this style. Finished up with stretching. Ate at Chipolte's and got two free burritos for being a fatass and eating three burritos in one sitting in like 15 minutes.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:46 PM   #365
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

November 12, 2010

Walking 30 minutes

Comments: Nice and cool out today while walking. Still doing some plotting and planning with my workouts. I was hoping the lead insert would arrive today but it didn't.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:00 PM   #366
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

November 13, 2010 - Events?

Dynamic Warm-ups

18" Pick Farmers Walks
276x100' (turn at 50')
316x50'
366x50' PR+13lbs
406x0
406x0
406x0

Sandbag/Keg/Prowler Medleys
225x60'/250x60'/P+270x60'
225x60'/250x60'/P+270x60'

Comments: This was just a stupid workout. I honestly had no real plans for this workout and Jon was planning on just doing farmer's and stones. I guess it started out alright, I jumped in at 276lbs no warm-up (Lou and I were late and I didn't want to have Jon strip it down) and that wasn't too bad. I got talked into going for a max on farmers and 366lbs wasn't bad. I royally suck at the pick. I foolishly tried 406lbs three times when I should have just done the one attempt. Of course those misses drained me and messed with my head. I was just out of it then. At that point it came down to Jon, Lou and I deciding what to do next and it got tossed around from stones, to no stones, to tire, no tire, tire again, zercher carries, why not conan's wheel, no zercher carries and then why not just go to Chipolte? I was perfectly content to call it there, go home and contemplate and rest. But Lou wanted to do some cardio with the tire. My shoulders are still recovering from last weekend. So I set up a little light medley. I need to rest.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:43 AM   #367
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

366 pounds in each hand for farmers is sick man! Keep at it
Old 11-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #368
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
366 pounds in each hand for farmers is sick man! Keep at it
Thanks.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:02 AM   #369
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Hibernation time is near Craig. Listen to your body, a little less stones for breakfast and more Chipolte for dinner for a week or 10days or so will only make you feel more content. Solid 366lbs farmers walks, prs are prs! Just keep on smashing through!
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:17 AM   #370
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
Hibernation time is near Craig. Listen to your body, a little less stones for breakfast and more Chipolte for dinner for a week or 10days or so will only make you feel more content. Solid 366lbs farmers walks, prs are prs! Just keep on smashing through!
I'm taking off the week of Thanksgiving.