Old 08-29-2010, 09:24 PM   #211
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn
Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: ON's Pro Complex Gainer
Craig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaipa View Post
that was solid craig...got me pumped up with the effort. keep it up man
Thanks, glad you liked it.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2010, 09:13 AM   #212
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

Craig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributor

September 01, 2010 - ME LB - Deload

Dynamic Warm-ups

Deadlifts
95x10
155x5
215x5
275x5
335x5

Barbell Lunges
120x3/3
140x3/3
160x3/3
180x3/3

45-degree Safety Squat Bar Hyperextensions
122x10
122x10
122x10

Pulldown Abs
105x15
105x15
105x15

34 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Woof, this may be the longest stretch where I haven't done anything. The day after the contest I was just exhausted and only had breakfast and dinner that day. Still recovering from the contest. Apparently very stressed as I have had physical manifestations of stress such as an occassional eye twitch and fever blisters. Haven't had this happen in a while. Anyway, finally got time to hit the first post contest deload workout. Left side of my upper back still buggy and my forearms were just a mess. The workout was suck but at least it was something. Next five days are going to be deload workouts.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:56 AM   #213
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Pfisterer View Post
Thanks Steve. Never had a sponsor so I'm not entirely sure what that would entail. As far as my next competition, it's September 18th (less than a month away).

Thanks.
I don't ask anything of athletes other than they keep a training log here, and you're doing that already.

The site basically just helps pay a portion of your entry fee costs, and gives you a free-t-shirt.

Send me a PM and I'll get you hooked up if interested.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:06 AM   #214
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I don't ask anything of athletes other than they keep a training log here, and you're doing that already.

The site basically just helps pay a portion of your entry fee costs, and gives you a free-t-shirt.

Send me a PM and I'll get you hooked up if interested.
Interesting but would it be possible if perhaps instead of paying a portion of entry fees, perhaps donations to a charity? I ask since I'm planning on helping with a Plane Pull in Virginia for the Special Olympics (September 25th) and then a team contest (also Virginia) for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital (October 16th).
Old 09-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #215
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Interesting but would it be possible if perhaps instead of paying a portion of entry fees, perhaps donations to a charity? I ask since I'm planning on helping with a Plane Pull in Virginia for the Special Olympics (September 25th) and then a team contest (also Virginia) for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital (October 16th).
You bet. I'm all about helping the good guys, and gladly put the money to a charity.

If there is a specific location or person I can send the money to, let me know.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:10 AM   #216
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
You bet. I'm all about helping the good guys, and gladly put the money to a charity.

If there is a specific location or person I can send the money to, let me know.
Cool. I think they have links, I'll have to check with the people setting these two events up for the complete details.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #217
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

Okay I got the links for both now.

For the Plane Pull - Special Olympics Virginia - TEAM STRONGMAN_USA

For the Team Charity Event - Click Here

The one held at Brute Strength Gym will be broadcast live via webcam for those interested in watching.

Last edited by Craig Pfisterer; 09-06-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Craig Pfisterer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #218
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Okay I got the links for both now.

For the Plane Pull - Special Olympics Virginia - TEAM STRONGMAN_USA

For the Team Charity Event - https://waystohelp.stjude.org/sjVPor...programId=1352

The one held at Brute Strength Gym will be broadcast live via webcam for those interested in watching.
Thanks. I'll take a close look this weekend. PM me with your address and t-shirt size.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:16 AM   #219
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

September 02, 2010 - ME UB - Deload

Dynamic Warm-ups

Close Grip Barbell 3-Board Presses
45x10
80x5
110x5
140x5
170x5
200x5

Barbell Strict Presses
95x3
125x3
155x3
185x3

Cable Rows (straps)
155x10
155x10
155x10

G-Man Pressdowns
87.5'sx12
87.5'sx12
87.5'sx12

40 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Blargh. Still finding hidden boo-boos and owies. 3-boards didn't feel too bad. The rest of the workout wasn't that good, pretty much everything I needed was being used so I had to do some alternatives. Power rack was in use so I used the top of the squat rack for strict press and that sucked have to partial front squat the weight up and then press. The bench I needed for bench rows was in use so I just went with cable rows. Triceps rope was also periodically in use so the first set of G-mans was done using ankle cuffs to hold it in a similar grip. Those didn't feel so good. Lots of freaking stretching. Possibly making some adjustments to training, especially after Dave Ostlund was kind enough to throw down some eggs of wisdom about overhead pressing recently. Up and coming things are obviously the Hudson Valley Strongman (unsure if I'm going to deload or just treat it as a heavy, tough event day) on September 19th but also a Plane Pull for the Special Olympics on September 25th and a team charity contest on October 16th at Brute Strength Gym. Looking for a possible LW partner but if I can't get one, I'll still be down there to workout and support the competitors and charity. Nats may be on the backburner for now (the main deterrent is cost and distance, but like 95% cost). I may have picked up a sponsor that will provide small donations to both charities. Three more days of this easing in lifting, then two days off. Then back at it I guess.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #220
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:

40 Minutes of Stretching
^ I give you credit for that. After lifting I just want a couch.