Old 07-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #131
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn
Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: ON's Pro Complex Gainer
Craig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman025 View Post
nice neutral incline... i love this exercise.
Thanks, I like it too. I'm trying to get this up to 120lbs for double digit reps. Maybe my overhead won't be so sucky compared to the other heavyweights.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2010, 09:03 AM   #132
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

Craig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributor

July 27, 2010 - ME LB

Let just preface this workout with the realization I lack brute strength on most lifts (stones are my rock). I don't know, somewhere between my crappy overhead lifting the day before from a fatigued core, knowing that the guy who won the recent pro qualifer show only did events twice for it, or seeing some unknown behemoth come in to the gym at the end of yesterday's workout and barely miss 545lbs (horrible hand off screwed him up) and then blast out 24 reps with 315lbs made me realize that I need to change some things. Going to be alternating between squats and pulls as well as bench and overhead. I'll be basing my log press speed work numbers off my clean and press and not my press from the rack. LB DE day will remain unchanged. UB DE day I'll be rotating cg 5-board presses with circus dumbbell presses. My supplementary lifts for LB ME day will be either rack suspended gm's (squat) or lunges (deadlift). Assistance exercises will be ssb hyper extensions and pulldown abs. On UB ME day, it will be lockout based lifts (bench) and implement clean based lifts (overhead). Assistance lifts remain the same. For the deadlift, the grouping will be rotations of off the floor, rack pulls and pulls with accomodating reistance. For the squat, it will be back squats, front/zercher squats and box squats. For the bench, it will be floor/regular, rack presses w/ and w/o bands, and 3-4 board presses w/ and w/o bands. Overheads will be reverse bands, against bands and then clean&press/straight weight. Okay, on to the workout.

Walking 32.5 minutes

Dynamic Warm-ups

25" Rack Pulls
135x5
185x5
225x3
275x3
315x3
365x3
405x3
455x3
495x1
545x1
585x1
635x1 PR+30lbs
675x1 PR+70lbs
705x1 PR+100lbs
725x1 PR+120lbs
750x1 PR+145lbs
675x7 PR+70lbs & 6 reps

Barbell Lunges
125x3/3
145x3/3
165x3/3
185x3/3
205x3/3 PR+10lbs
225x3/3 PR+30lbs

45-degree Safety Squat Bar Hyperextensions
145x12
145x12
145x12

Pulldown Abs
135x20 PR+5lbs
135x20
135x20

30 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: So I had been thinking about changes to my traing all day and got it all figured out and hit the gym. I haven't done pulls from this height (just above my knee cap) in a little over four years. My previous PR was 605lbs so I knew I would crush it. I worked up to 545lbs double overhand on the crappy bar (didn't want to ruin the good grippy bars for a heavy rack pull). My right knee started to bother me like that one day with the light light yoke carry. Not sure what caused it but it had me worried. It didn't interfer with the rack pulling but I was still concerned I wouldn't be able to do lunges. After 675lbs, I went for 705lbs just so it would be the heaviest weight I've held with a barbell (most had been 700lbs). Got that and went for 725lbs since it was getting tough. Got that too. My dad had to leave but I told him I'd be going for 750lbs next. Quite a struggle to get it started (that should help me a ton) but it went up. I went for a down set with 675lbs. I made sure to deload each rep so that it would be coming from mostly a dead stop. Still got a lot more reps than I was expecting. Stopped mostly because my hands were getting raw. Might need to consider straps for the down sets on these to save my hands while it's still so humid and hot. Been losing calluses almost daily haha. Knee was feeling better so I was able to do the lunges. Really hits muscles I don't use that much. Hit some big weight for me on these and I hope to add on the pounds to these. After lunges I was contemplating doing gm's but figured it would be smarter to do hypers with the ssb instead. I just picked a weight and it felt pretty good. Then did abs. Feeling good, I guess sometimes it just trying something new or thinking about something differently that can reinvigorate you. Opening the stone baby tomorrow night.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:53 AM   #133
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Those are some strong ass rack pulls. You might say you don't have brute strength but I would beg to differ.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:00 PM   #134
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Those are some strong ass rack pulls. You might say you don't have brute strength but I would beg to differ.
Thanks Steve. I mean relatively speaking. Most guys I compete against can either pull the weights I just did from the floor or are close to it.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:01 PM   #135
strkout35
Max Brawn
Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

strkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post

_________Goals:__
Squat:______275
Deadlift:_____315
Bench:______185
Press:_______135

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe"
strkout35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:04 PM   #136
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Pfisterer View Post
Thanks Steve. I mean relatively speaking. Most guys I compete against can either pull the weights I just did from the floor or are close to it.
I gotcha. I suck at rack pulls so anything over 600 seems beastly to me.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:25 PM   #137
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Great job man, those rack pulls are pretty awesome looking
Old 07-28-2010, 01:08 PM   #138
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
Great job man, those rack pulls are pretty awesome looking
Thanks.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:23 PM   #139
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

July 28, 2010

Walking 31 minutes

Comments: Went walking after work today. Glutes and the front of my thighs are quite sore from yesterday. Took my stone out of the mold. Good thing this was a practice stone I guess. Not enough water for the start of the mold I guess. I'm told it's salvageable but will need some work.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:28 AM   #140
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

July 29, 2010 - ME UB

Walking 32 minutes

Dynamic Warm-ups

Rack Suspended 12" Log Bench Presses w/IW#2's dbl
90x5
90x5
135X5
175x3
205x3
235x3
Add Bands (+170lbs)
95x1
125x1
155x1
175x1
195x1 PR+5lbs
205x1 PR+15lbs
215x1 PR+25lbs
225x1 PR+35lbs
186x4 PR+26lbs & 1 rep

Seated 12" Log Half Presses
140x3
170x3
200x3
230x3
260x1

Barbell Bench Rows (straps)
200x12 PR+5lbs
200x12
200x10

Bent Over Rear Delt Dumbbell Raises
62.5'sx15
62.5'sx15
62.5'sx15

34 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Wasn't sure what to expect with this workout. Last time I did these I miscalculated how much band tension I was getting (thought it was 145lbs but actually 170lbs) so this time I knew what to expect. It takes a while to get warm and not feel crappy doing rack suspended benching, especially with the log. I had to get my head on straight when my first set with the band tension, only 95lbs, was pretty darn tough. I was thinking it wouldn't be a good day. The next set went up faster so my confidence returned but I had a long way to go. All the reps look fast but it is tough all the way through on this lift. At 195lbs, I figured I might as well try 205lbs. When that went about the same as 195lbs, my dad said go for 215lbs. Got that too. I said I felt good for more but probably only 5lbs more so my dad said to call it there and move on. I then thought, screw that, this is the stuff I need to work on, I need to work on power and brute strength so I went up 10lbs more and got it. Down set was a little shakey and the first two reps really fatigued my shoulders so I only went for four reps. Big improvements here. The half presses with the log were the same thing as the standing one I did, just seated. Right at forehead level. Felt tougher than standing due to lack of balance from my legs. I'll have to work up in weight on these. Really felt them in the triceps. Rows were tough, I knew that they would be with how much effort I had to put into 195lbs last week. Second set was the best set. These are frustrating. I have to be fast but also have endurance with the higher reps. Raises went as expected, first set good, second set tough, third set the best. Lots of stretching. Looks like fixing my atlas stone is going to be another weekend type project. I'll also be making another pure concrete one. My dad figures that we need to perfect it before trying lead inserts and the like. The mistakes for our first stone appear to be using old concrete at the bottom and lack of water. The top half looks perfect. Live and learn.