Old 07-24-2010, 10:33 PM   #121
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn
Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: ON's Pro Complex Gainer
Craig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWeasel View Post
Increasing the height for the Conan's Wheel really helped!

That 430 stone load was awesome, but WTF was your camera guy doing?

BTW, you looked like Pudzian when you celebrated after the 430.

"Naow I show you who eez da bezt!" LOL
It sure did. I've only been to one contest where it wasn't adjustable and it was that exact conan's wheel. Makes a big difference. Hopefully the heat wave dies down the next few months so I can do it for greater distance without the sweaty forearms getting to me.

Lou was holding the camera away from himself and kind of forgot he was filming with it when I was attempting to load it. We kind of got excited since no one had lapped that stone yet (first time trying it for me).

Definitely realized after I did that that I looked like Mariusz celebrating too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
impressive!
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2010, 06:06 PM   #122
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

Craig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributor

July 25, 2010

Walking 34 minutes

Comments: Interesting day. I woke with soreness all over (abs, hips, ribs, chest, arms, you name it) so I figured it would be best to rest and make my stone. Lou was sick so he couldn't help me out so my dad and I were a bit like the apes discovering the slab in 2001: A Space Odyssey. Lou said that sand would make for a better stone and that he had some but it was in a broken circus dumbbell. Drove to his place in the rain but had to park elsewhere since a tree had fallen down during the storm (one way street). Lou wasn't there but the dumbbell was outside. So after some hesitation, I carried the 180lbs circus dumbbell a block to the truck of my car. As I'm driving away I see Lou and I tell him I got it. He had seen me drive away the first time and thought I was going home due to the tree and had tried calling me. Couldn't hear my phone vibrate since I like singing in my car. So Lou had went to get Chinese food (just up the street). I get back home and my dad and I start trying to get the mold halves together and mixing the concrete. The first two bags looked a little too dry so we added more water for the next three. We added some sand and two small rocks (used those to push down the concrete). We only got about 380lbs of concrete into the 22" mold (not including water weight, sand or stones), I tried adding blue dye to make it a little different from other atlas stones but I don't think that worked too well. Now I play the waiting game to see if it worked. The rain had stopped and I went for a walk.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:45 PM   #123
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Just watched the video. Brutal workout. How many times have you competed?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:15 PM   #124
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Just watched the video. Brutal workout. How many times have you competed?
Thanks Steve. 14 times, 7 so far this year. At least 3 more planned this year.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #125
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Pfisterer View Post
Thanks Steve. 14 times, 7 so far this year. At least 3 more planned this year.
Damn man, didn't realize you did so many comps.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:20 PM   #126
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Damn man, didn't realize you did so many comps.
Yeah, I've been a competing fiend this year.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:51 PM   #127
CallmeKing
Max Brawn
Points: 3,800, Level: 38 Points: 3,800, Level: 38 Points: 3,800, Level: 38
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

CallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributor

You're a straight beast my friend hopefully I'll see you on T.V. with the big guys one day.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies with in us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
CallmeKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:48 PM   #128
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeKing View Post
You're a straight beast my friend hopefully I'll see you on T.V. with the big guys one day.
Thanks. That's the eventual goal to make it as a Pro.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:20 AM   #129
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

July 26, 2010 - DE UB

Walking 33 minutes

Dynamic Warm-ups

12″ Log Presses w/ IW#4s choker & #3's basket
No Bands
90x5
90x5
Add Bands (+125lbs)
95x2
125x2
155x2
185x1 (balls)
185x1 (suck)
185x0 (uber suck)

2 3/8 Dumbbell Two-Arm Clean One-Arm Presses
90x8/8
90x8/8
112.5x8/8
112.5x8/8

Neutral Grip Incline Dumbbell Bench Presses
90'sx9 PR+5lbs
90'sx10 PR+1 rep

90'sx8

G-Man Pressdowns
90x15 PR+5lbs
90x15
90x15

37 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Craptacular. I thought a day of kind of rest would be enough. Guess not. Rib cage and abs were still too weak (hurt to laugh) so pretty much no stability for pressing. Maybe if I had worn a belt or two but I've been trying to keep these beltless since it's usually lighter weight and I can't really clean a log with a hard belt on. I knew I was in trouble when just 95lbs with the bands wanted to throw me around. I tried to refocus but my body wasn't going to ignore the fatigue. Got a tough single and reracked it and thought for a minute or so of what I was going to do. This has happened before with the banded log presses (minus the soreness from heavy stone lifting) where I couldn't get the weight for reps at a similar band tension but with about 45lbs less weight. Actually thinking a lot about how the winner of the last pro-qualifier only did event training twice for the show. I said I'll try it again, got another single. Great. Frustration, so I try to salvage the workout by doing just tough singles. No go but I didn't want to call it a day. My left shoulder was achy. I figured that the log stuff was going to be the toughest stuff for the day so I went on to the next exercise. Thick dumbbell stuff was kind of crappy, especially the left side (shoulder ached). On incline, 90lbs is the most I've attempted for dumbbell presses but I would have liked to have gotten more reps. G-Man's felt okay. Lots of stretching. Not satisfied with how this workout went at all. May need to do some thinking. Maybe some resting as well. Guess I'll play it by ear.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:58 PM   #130
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

nice neutral incline... i love this exercise.
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)