Austin Simply Fit #1
Max Brawn
Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Caffeine
bwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machine

looking good.
bwys61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2010, 06:05 AM   #12
schutzashley
Brawn
Points: 1,132, Level: 18 Points: 1,132, Level: 18 Points: 1,132, Level: 18
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

schutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributor
Default Day 10

It was my chest/biceps workout today. I have been one day behind due to my busy work schedule now. I am Officially a Personal Trainer. I had my first 2 clients yesterday and things went great. I really can't feel better about where I'm working and the people I"m surrounded by. It's hard for me to believe there are so many good people around me. I think the key is, I'm working in a place where people enjoy their jobs.

So, I weighed myself today and I weighed 151 after my workout, I never take the weigh in too seriously, it's how my clothes fit, if I feel bloated, less bloated, etc. I have been eating smaller portions, more carbs in beginning of day and better carbs all around! and more greens. that's for sure. I started 10 days ago at 159, but that was coming off a vacation with little water drinking (my own fault) and drinking and eating. I definitley was carrying water weight. You really can't just lose fat that quick...that's why I don't take the scale seriously because that's not what's important, because it fluctuates so much because we carry more water and less water depending on waht we ate, etc. so many factors.

Overall, I am feeling good and love the diet I"m on and what it's doing for me.

work is great and I couldn't have asked for a better turnaround. There have been a lot of changes for me and it hasn't been nerve racking and I think why that is is because I feel good about where I am and where I'm going.

schutzashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:05 AM   #13
schutzashley
Brawn

schutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributor

thanks bwys

Old 06-24-2010, 05:04 PM   #14
schutzashley
Brawn

Default Day 11, Major workout

Today was back day, mixed with abs and cardio at end (30 minutes). I pushed myself really hard, thanks to the help of a great playlist that has been updated!

Tomorrow I am sure my back will be sore.

I will be going to my first show (just watching) in about 2 weeks, which I am really excited for. I think it will be good to see in person what the reality is of these women's bodies.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:05 AM   #15
schutzashley
Brawn

Default Day 15

My legs were really sore from my leg workout 2 days ago, but now they're ok, except still some soreness on adductors. I did shoulders/tris yesterday with a lot of supersetting and am already feeling sore. Usually it takes until late the next day, but I really worked them hard yesterday. My favorite move was the front lat raises (both arms at same time) superset with barbell upright rows.

As for the diet, I did drink on Saturday night with some friends. I felt pretty lacking the next day, even up until my workout, but pushed through that, as I put my game face on to lift, like I always do.

So week 3....I'm also going to be attending my first show in Indianapolis on July 10th to check it out. I think then I will have a really good idea of where I am versus where I need to be!
Today's workout: Chest/Bi's and 30 minutes cardio. I have some extra time today so going to go for a bike ride or a long walk.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:17 AM   #16
schutzashley
Brawn

Default My first show

I decided to do my first competition locally. It's a last minute decision, but think it will be great experience to do something a little more locally and amateur then get my feet wet that way and know what it's going to be like.

It's July 24th on Saturday! I still have to get my suit and shoes. There are free classes on posing, T walk, etc. Really excited.

Training is going well. Diet too. I'm down to 150. Starting at 158. I haven't been doing obliques and noticed those are going down in size...which my trainer suggested for a slimmer waistline...I can tell already.

I also did starting pics a week ago and will post those soon, I think it's important to have those up, thanks per someone's recommendation

I did glutes/quads/hams yesterday and am feeling it today. These next few weeks are going to be carb cutting and a lot of changes in diet....which I"m really excited to see my body finally come down to it and cut up, due to a lack of time I'm going to really be working hard on getting this done and do as best I can.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:47 AM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Best of luck Ashley. You can do it! Learn as much as you can.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #18
schutzashley
Brawn

Default 1st day into 3 week out pre contest prep

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------man has it been a bit of a drainer day! I just think my bod isn't used to this yet:O I used to work out twice a day almost 6 days a week a few months back but with the eating less carbs, it's tough! I have more respect for those men & women who go through this for a show, just after one day! I read they push through the weakness and do what they can but my back is aching a bit too.

Ok, so today I started limiting carbs for the show in 3 weeks. IT's a last minute decision, but I"m going to do it for the experience so I'm TRULY ready in October.

Today for carbs I had 1 packet Weight Control Instant Oatmeal and then Asparagus with my chicken (plain). I'm limiting my salt next week but had no sauces today with my chicken. I am working in evening and worked out twice today, and I feel like I've been going for 2 days just by working on work and working out twice. I dont' know how people with children do it. I've just been asked to start group exercise classes as well, which means I need to get my Group X cert. Personal training is going awesome. I am going to start training one of my mom's friends at her home, where she has tons of equipment, think it will be great to do it on the side as well. I have a really busy week and am open to it all!

I will have drank my entire water bottle container, which contains 5 litres. that's good for me, I used to do 3.8 litres a day. trying to work my way up.

I have to get shoes and a suit still:O~~ I'm going to just get a suit that is amateur use only since they don't require a glitsy $$$ suit for this show.

I'm just going to take this all one day at a time. Working out twice a day (one intervals) and the other lifting with intervals), coming up with workouts for training people every day, working about 6 hours a day(I know, it's no 8 hours but it's what they're giving me, running a program at Notre Dame for Biggest Loser once a week with power point presentations and baking them things as well, trying to get back into working on my Blog, eating right and drinking enough and just staying on top of this all is going to be a challenge I can already foresee. But I am more than happy to be this busy and love it. I'm sure anyone reading this are going, what a complainer! It's only the first day but my days just started getting really busy too and this is all new to me and it's an experimentation. I dont have anyone to help me with poses, except the gym hosting the event, which is great that they are working with us. It's almost like a mini-job part time job preparing for a show. I think I know it's right aroudn teh corner too but dont feel I have taken on too much. when I can't get 8 hours of sleep, that's when sacrifices elsewhere need to be made!! Sleep is most important for me, I know that about myself.

Is anyone out there knowledgeable on diet for 3 weeks pre-comp?

Have a great night training everyone!

Old 07-05-2010, 05:51 PM   #19
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schutzashley View Post

Is anyone out there knowledgeable on diet for 3 weeks pre-comp?
Email me Ashley. I have a few people that could give you advice.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #20
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

WOW thats cutting it tight. around 3 weeks you are generaly setting up for your peek week. But things are workable. You are low fat already. Being you are doing the show for the expereance it is doable.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote