Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 05-22-2010, 07:24 AM   #21
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Strong and long workout Andy. Great effort.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2010, 09:06 AM   #22
andys_trim
Max Brawn
Points: 6,607, Level: 53 Points: 6,607, Level: 53 Points: 6,607, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift!
Fav Supp: Any I can afford.
andys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributor

thanks for the advice guys. The reason I look skinny is because I started out at 205 and was tired of being fat so I lost all the weight. 48 lbs to be exact. Now I want to bulk up until December and cut down for a winter contest. The only reason I have the glutamine is because it was free with my hydro whey. I do have a tendency to break the bank with my supps
andys_trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:06 AM   #23
j-5
Brawn
Points: 749, Level: 14 Points: 749, Level: 14 Points: 749, Level: 14
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

j-5 is a dedicated contributorj-5 is a dedicated contributorj-5 is a dedicated contributorj-5 is a dedicated contributorj-5 is a dedicated contributorj-5 is a dedicated contributorj-5 is a dedicated contributorj-5 is a dedicated contributorj-5 is a dedicated contributorj-5 is a dedicated contributorj-5 is a dedicated contributor

lost 48 pounds???? u should post up you diet because losing 48 pounds when you were only 205 seems pretty excessive, i feel ya tho, a couple years ago i dropped from 225 to 195 and all the way down to 6% bodyfat but i did it the wrong way and lost alot of muscle, so just post your meal plan up too so we make everything look right and make sure you pack on as much muscle as you can without sacrificing anything
j-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #24
andys_trim
Max Brawn

andys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributor

I just ate tons of chicken and broccoli for the first couple of months and took all the supplements I could afford, and I was actually getting stronger. A couple of months ago I made a strict diet to try to get into beach shape.

Breakfast: 4 egg whites and a bowl of oatmeal and whey protein

Snack: Serving of Almonds and A can of tuna

Lunch: 2 Chicken breasts brown rice and a piece of fruit

Workout

Snack: Chicken breast and a sweet potato (yam)

Dinner: 2 chicken breasts Broccoli and a side salad

That was my diet for the last couple of months and it worked out pretty well. I also did my fair share of cardio. Since I am trying to bulk up now I figure I'd just eat more of what I have been and add in more carbs to help build the muscle. To be completely honest I am worried about gaining fat because it would seem like all the work I did would be wasted. I realize I will gain some fat, but I want more muscle than fat. That is why I am trying to come up with a concrete diet for my bulking phase.

ALSO. Has anyone out there ever heard of the Asteroid Stack of USPlabs? If you have let me know what you think.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:55 AM   #25
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys_trim View Post
I just ate tons of chicken and broccoli for the first couple of months and took all the supplements I could afford, and I was actually getting stronger. A couple of months ago I made a strict diet to try to get into beach shape.

Breakfast: 4 egg whites and a bowl of oatmeal and whey protein

Snack: Serving of Almonds and A can of tuna

Lunch: 2 Chicken breasts brown rice and a piece of fruit

Workout

Snack: Chicken breast and a sweet potato (yam)

Dinner: 2 chicken breasts Broccoli and a side salad

That was my diet for the last couple of months and it worked out pretty well. I also did my fair share of cardio. Since I am trying to bulk up now I figure I'd just eat more of what I have been and add in more carbs to help build the muscle. To be completely honest I am worried about gaining fat because it would seem like all the work I did would be wasted. I realize I will gain some fat, but I want more muscle than fat. That is why I am trying to come up with a concrete diet for my bulking phase.

ALSO. Has anyone out there ever heard of the Asteroid Stack of USPlabs? If you have let me know what you think.
My tip would be to drink a lot of milk with all your meals, and i mean a lot!
Keep up the good work man and good luck!
Old 05-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #26
andys_trim
Max Brawn

Thanks, I appreciate the tip. Will that help me bulk up?

Does anyone have a good back routine they would like to share?

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...tml#post103267 - Home of no compromising and busting ass day in and day out
Old 05-22-2010, 12:57 PM   #27
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys_trim View Post
Thanks, I appreciate the tip. Will that help me bulk up?

Does anyone have a good back routine they would like to share?
It helps me bulk up, rich in protein, vitamins, minerals and calories.

For the back routine i say deadlifts, rows and pullups, that will make your back grow =)

Good luck with your bulk man!
Old 05-22-2010, 02:49 PM   #28
j-5
Brawn
Points: 749, Level: 14 Points: 749, Level: 14 Points: 749, Level: 14
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

j-5 is a dedicated contributorj-5 is a dedicated contributorj-5 is a dedicated contributorj-5 is a dedicated contributorj-5 is a dedicated contributorj-5 is a dedicated contributorj-5 is a dedicated contributorj-5 is a dedicated contributorj-5 is a dedicated contributorj-5 is a dedicated contributorj-5 is a dedicated contributor

milk will really help u bulk up but it will also make you look softer (not as cut) if thats something your worried about...if you really worried about adding to much fat do some carb cycling...day 1 eat every meal with carbs...day 2 eat half meals with carbs...day 3 eat no carbs except for pre and post workout....and if your not putting on enough mass do 2 high carb days in a row, if your putting on to much fat do 2, day 3's in a row....its all about looking at your self and seeing how you are lookin in the mirror don't worry so much about the scale....so for putting on more size do something like day 1,2,3,3,2,1,2,3 ect. to make sure you don't put on to much fat 3,2,1,1,2,3,2,1 ect.. hope that makes sense, i can clarify if it doesn't.
j-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:02 PM   #29
andys_trim
Max Brawn

I understand thanks man. I will try the milk with every meal because while I am bulking up I wont be too worried about looking cut. I will start worrying about all that once I can find a competition and start preparing.

Look at the pictures i put up earlier and tell me what I need to work on. I am open to constructive criticism. You wont hurt my feelings.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...tml#post103267 - Home of no compromising and busting ass day in and day out
Old 05-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #30
andys_trim
Max Brawn

Default Arms Day

Another awesome workout today!!

Biceps

Barbell Curls 85 X 6 85 X 6 (Caught myself cheating) 75 X 6 80 X 6

Dumbbell Preacher Curl 30 X 6 (Each arm) 32 X 6 32 X 6 35 X 6

Concentration Curls (On machine) 50 X 6 (easy) 70 X 6 70 X 6 70 X 6 (Needed help after 4 reps, Failure)

Strike Target Loading Curls 4 X 6 4 X 6 5 X 2 (failure) 4X4

Triceps

Overhead Dumbbell Press 68 X 6 68 X 6 75 X 6 75 X 6

Straight Bar Pushdown 100 X 10 (TOO EASY!!) 140 X 8 (easy) 160 X 6 160 X 6

Inverted Grip Bench Press 65 X 10 (first time to do this exercise)(TOO EASY!!) 95 X 6 95 X 6 100 X 6

Did light weight to really focus on triceps instead of chest.

Strike Target Loading Triceps Extensions 45 X 6 (2 reps on each bar) (bar 1 = resistance middle)(bar 2 = resistance end)(bar 3 = resistance beginning) 50 X 6 50 X 6

My arms are feeling pretty toasted!