Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 05-15-2010, 02:11 PM   #11
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member
Default Saturday May 15th

My life has been a wreck lately, literally, 2 of them. Things are returning to normal, or so I hope. I at least have both of my vehicles back. Really wanting to get back on schedule with my training. Just a light session today cause I really need it. Fingers crossed I'll be back properly next week.

squats
1x8@135
1x5@185
1x1@255
1x3@225

Threw caution to the wind, and went for a weight close to my old workset weight. The 255 was with good form, and good depth. I only had one in me today though. Based on how that felt, I'll be back.

Standing press

3x5@95

Delts are always sore. This will take some time.

Chins, medium wide

3x5 BW

These felt good, and the pull at the top was strong, with lats contracted.

Finished.

Nothing big today. Just stretching out, and seeing how things are progressing. I still have doms from the last workout. It crazy how fast my body falls apart.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2010, 03:38 PM   #12
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

hope to see you be able to get back in there and hit some PRs
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
Old 05-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good to see you back at it GL. Life is sucking for you, and I hope the time with the weights helps to keep you grounded. If not, one place ticket to Alaska coming up.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:03 PM   #14
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Thanks guys. Hows that saying go?

Serenity now.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:45 PM   #15
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Threw caution to the wind, and went for a weight close to my old workset weight. The 255 was with good form, and good depth. I only had one in me today though. Based on how that felt, I'll be back.
^^^ good to know. Hope things get only better GL.
kitarpyar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:27 PM   #16
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

don't call it a comeback.....GL's been here for years!!! knockin dem weights out wit da one two.... one two
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Thanks guys. Hows that saying go?

Serenity now.
Seinfeld for the win.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #18
CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I know how you feel. I had some turd on Facebook say I looked like crap. More fuel to the fire, boy and girls.

I know this is OT, but I get so sick of a few arrogant "chemically inflated buffoons" attacking people because they don't have equivalent size, or because they are old. So many young guys think old farts play by the same rules.

Anyway. Comments like the one you received...even playful...are never easy for me to receive. I wouldn't say it's insecurity so much as the desire to achieve what I'm not supposed to achieve.
You guys shouldnt even listen to that **** when someone calls you old yeah im young but i dont see you guys as old. You guys help enough young ppl that yall deserve the respect
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:18 AM   #19
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

i think instead of "old" you should request that they call you a "seasoned veteran".

besides we all know the age thing is just an excuse people like to use as to why they can't do things. thus everyone who gets up in age is expected to act or do things a certain way. BULLSPIT i say!!! no one stays young forever and the same people won't want anyone telling them their too old when they get there either. F'em all keep doin your thang.
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:50 PM   #20
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

gl, you're a model of consistancy and dedication. I'm glad to see you back at it. When life kicks you in the arse, we can always count on you to kick it in the nads.

With respect to the old comments. I'm not even going to mention all the times I've been complimented on my adorable "grandchildren." The senior discounts sure are nice though.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote