Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 06-15-2010, 07:25 PM   #81
SwollPuppy
Brawn
Points: 317, Level: 6 Points: 317, Level: 6 Points: 317, Level: 6
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

SwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality posts

Day 39

Workout: Rest Day

Notes: Last day of vacation. Just enjoying the day.

Thoughts: Well, it's been a fun week. Since I don't really have a job to go back to, this is more my wife's last day of vacation. Just making sure that she enjoys this day before having to go back to work.

This coming weekend has a birthday party and visiting friends. Trying to schedule what I'm going to eat and where I'm going to be. Now that the vacation is over, time to get back into training, while also trying to find another job. I'm thinking I may have to reset my progress, since I'm worried that I enjoyed myself a little too much during this break.
SwollPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2010, 07:41 PM   #82
SwollPuppy
Brawn

SwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality posts

Day 40

Workout: Chest and Shoulders
Incline Machine Bench Press
4 x 8 @180lbs.
Decline Bench Press
4 x 10 @ 275lbs.
Machine Bench Press
4 x 10 @ 245lbs
Arnold Press
4 x 8 @ 55lbs.
Front Dumbbell Raises
4 x 8 @ 42.5lbs.
Barbell Shoulder Raises
4 x 8 @ 105lbs.

Notes: Have a birthday party to go to today. I know where it is, now to check the restaurant's website to know what I can order.

Thoughts: Today is one of those days where I felt like a bodybuilder in the sense that I was following the lifestyle. Woke up, knew what I was going to eat, did my workout, even scheduled my meals. At the birthday dinner, I already had the cooked salmon figured out in my diet, and I passed on the several occasions that my friend passed her cake around since it was too big for her to eat. I know that I'm not competing yet, but aside from feeling like a bodybuilder, I really want to feel that I look like a bodybuilder, which I'm not feeling yet, so I'm staying clean.

Today was a clean day.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:33 PM   #83
SwollPuppy
Brawn

Day 41

Workout: Impromptu Rest Day

Notes: Had to wake up early to meet up with friends. However, went to bed late by hanging out with other friends the night before. Result? Four hours of sleep.

Thoughts: Went with some friends to an afternoon parade. It was pretty hot, so I went in a sleeveless. Felt really, really self-conscious about it, especially since a lot of people there looked fit in their sleeveless, tank tops, and in some cases, shirtless attires. Ofcourse, this led to the game of comparisons. Definitely feeling like probably the fattest one there, although, when I actually looked around, there was still a good handful of people with kegs instead of six packs. Perhaps it's a self-image thing, but I always seem to compare against the people that look better than me, thinking that I still have a long way to go. Most likely, there are probably people who feel they look worse that me and are making similar comparisons with themselves, but I still don't really take that into consideriation. When I started to really analyze it, though, a lot of people I was comparing against weren't necessarily bigger, they just looked more fit because they had lower bodyfat. It did give the illusion of having bigger muscles. Hopefully once I get my fat down I, I'll resemble "buff" more than just "big".

I was originally opting for a leg workout in between going to parade with friends, and then heading to a continuing birthday party with other friends. However, I couldn't keep my eyes open in the afternoon, probably a result from only getting 4 hours of sleep. I felt that A) forcing a workout would probably lead to a half-assed workout I would regret, and B) it would most likely open me up for getting sick. Opted for long nap instead. I think I made the right choice. (Note. need to not sacrifice sleep in the future).

There was a sort-of compliment at the store. After ringing up my purchase, the cashier lady asked what it was that I ate. I responded that it's mostly protein. She said she wanted to know what to feed her boyfriend. I'll still take it as a compliment.

Last edited by SwollPuppy; 06-15-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:47 PM   #84
SwollPuppy
Brawn

Day 42

Workout: Legs
Squats
1 x 10 @ 245lbs.
1 x 8 @ 265lbs
1 x 8 @ 285lbs
1 x 8 @ 295lbs
Leg Extensions
1 x 10 @ 100lbs
1 x 10 @ 110lbs
1 x 10 @ 120lbs
1 x 10 @ 130lbs
1 x 10 @ 140lbs
1 x 10 @ 150lbs
1 x 10 @ 160lbs
Leg Press
1 x 8 @ 765lbs.
1 x 8 @ 855lbs.
5 x 5 @ 945lbs

Diet: 1,983 Calories
48% Protein
43% Fat
8% Carbs

Notes: Wanted to do legs, but wanted to go heavier.

Thoughts: I injured my left calf the other day, so I didn't want to hit them in this leg workout. I also tried to go heavier on the squats, which usually leads to more time spent at the squat rack. In the end, didn't really have time to hit hamstrings, so I'll have to concentrate on that in the next leg workout as well.

Overall, felt that I can handle the heavier weights moderately. I'll probably try and hit 100 reps with 265lbs next time (even though it might take me more than 10 sets).

I was able to measure out the meals completely this time, knew what I was eating. I still haven't weighed myself since the vacation. I'm still not ready to know how much damage I've done. I'll measure tomorrow. Depending on the results, it might be "Day 0" all over again.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:00 PM   #85
SwollPuppy
Brawn

Day 43

Weight: 254lbs.

Cardio: 15 minutes - Incline Treadmill

Workout: Back and Biceps
Seated Rows
1 x 8 @ 200lbs
1 x 8 @ 220lbs
4 x 6 @ 240lbs
Machine One Arm Rows
5 x 5 @ 225lbs.
Drag Curls
1 x 10 @ 50lbs.
1 x 10 @ 70lbs
1 x 10 @ 90lbs
2 x 10 @ 100lbs
Cable Curls
1 x 10 @ 100lbs
4 x 8 @ 120lbs
Concentration Curls
4 x 6 @ 55lbs.

Diet: 2,052 Calories
50% Protein
43% Fat
7% Carbs

Notes: Legs are somewhat sore from yesterday. Still, not as cramping as hard as on 100 rep squat day.

Thoughts: 254. Ok, I'll take it. I was really expecting something much worse. I was expecting something along the lines of 260-something. If it was more than 265, I was just going to say I'm starting over again. In the end, it appears that between being paranoid about eating right, mixed with the times that I didn't, I maintained my weight from where it was before this break. Granted, it's like I lost two weeks without making progress, but in the end, at least I didn't go backwards.

Still not used to getting up to do cardio. I'm sure that's going to help in the weeks to come with regards to shedding the weight. Part of it is getting used to my wife's schedule. She doesn't work the standard 9 to 5, more like 3 to 11 in the evening. This means she wakes up just shy of noon. I like doing cardio first thing in the morning. However, if I adjust to her schedule, I guess I could still do cardio first thing when I wake up, whenever that happens to be.

I also looked into personal training certifications and general personal trainer info at my local gym. I was hoping to have the competition first so that would help with my personal traing resume, but seeing as how I'm looking for a new job anyways, this may be the opportune time to start a new chapter in my life.

Last edited by SwollPuppy; 06-15-2010 at 11:04 PM.