Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 05-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #11
SwollPuppy
Brawn
Points: 317, Level: 6 Points: 317, Level: 6 Points: 317, Level: 6
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

SwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality posts

Day 5

Weight: 262.5lbs

Rest Day

Diet: 1,905 Calories
48% Protein
46% Fat
6% Carbs

Notes: Biceps felt raw. Calves were sore in the morning, legs felt ok by the evening.

Thoughts: Well, it was going to happen eventually. The scale went up. I knew it would happen. Seriously, a 5lb drop in one day cannot be all fat loss. Still, it did bum me out a little. The main thing is to not let it get to me and put me in a downward spin.

Aside from that, really hungry during the day. Being Friday night, I didn't get to sleep as early as I should have. It's not an excuse, just an explanation.

Still need to work on that patience part. Even an off-season bodybuilder will not look good in their first week of training. It hasn't been a full week for me since I've gotten serious with the diet, but for some reason, I was hoping that the mirror would show a more "bodybuilder" version of me by now.

Actually looking forward to legs tomorrow. Was dreading them at first, but I like the results afterwards. Again, it's the results and the feeling afterwards that I'm looking forward to. The actual workout itself, still cringing a little.

Last edited by SwollPuppy; 05-09-2010 at 01:17 AM.
SwollPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2010, 01:36 PM   #12
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Keep hard at it. I can easily tell from your picture that you are a monster. I forgot if you have a weight target you're aiming for?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:38 PM   #13
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

your huge man (in a good way)
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
Old 05-08-2010, 05:56 PM   #14
SwollPuppy
Brawn

SwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality posts

@BendtheBar Thanks man. Coming from you I'll definitely take that as a compliment. Right now I would like to aim for the low 240's at least. Right now I'm only focusing on cleaning up the diet. The only supplements I'm taking are protein powders, pre-workout NO, Salmon Oil and Multi-Vitamins. Once I start getting closer to where I'm ready for contest prep, I'll start adding more cardio and find a good fat burner.

@kman025 Thanks man. Some days I have to keep focusing on the "good" huge instead of the "bad" huge.

Last edited by SwollPuppy; 05-08-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:11 PM   #15
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwollPuppy View Post
@BendtheBar Thanks man. Coming from you I'll definitely take that as a compliment. Right now I would like to aim for the low 240's at least. Right now I'm only focusing on cleaning up the diet. The only supplements I'm taking are protein powders, pre-workout NO, Salmon Oil and Multi-Vitamins. Once I start getting closer to where I'm ready for contest prep, I'll start adding more cardio and find a good fat burner.
That's about what I take for supps. I throw in some cheap BCAAs and glutamine for recovery though, being older I need all the help I can get.

240's a good weight to aim for. I'm hoping to get to 220 and then zero in on my first bodybuilding contest.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:27 AM   #16
SwollPuppy
Brawn

Day 6

Weight: 262.0lbs

Exercise: Legs
100 rep squats @ 195lb
50 reps of leg extensions @ 110lb

Diet: 1,952 Calories
48% Protein
44% Fat
8% Carbs

Notes: After two days rest, everything felt ok. Feeling healthy.

Thoughts: I did it. I was able to get my 100 squats out. They may not have been pretty, but it added up to 100. I did them in 8 sets, some were 18 reps, some were only 10, but in the end, I cranked out 100 reps. My goal is to get out 5 sets of 20 and then up the weight. I did use fewer sets than last time, so I'll take that as progress. Sweated heavy, saw stars, almost felt like passing out. Good times.

I'm always apprehensive on leg day for a couple of reasons. One of them is that I'm worried someone else is taking over the squat rack, which pretty much throws off my entire workout for the day. As I was coming upstairs, I thought today was going to be that day as someone else was doing hamstring stretches in the rack. However, as I got closer, I saw that it was my wife. She said she was holding it until I got out of the locker room. God bless her. I feel lucky knowing that my wife supports me in competing as a bodybuilder.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day. Coincidentally, it's also the day of my cheat meal. For you, Mom, I'll have a carb.

Last edited by SwollPuppy; 05-16-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:08 AM   #17
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68

Training Exp: A few
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

Awesome man
Trevor Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:24 AM   #18
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

doin a great job man! keep killin it!
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:25 AM   #19
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwollPuppy View Post

Thoughts: I did it. I was able to get my 100 squats out. They may not have been pretty, but it added up to 100. I did them in 8 sets, some were 18 reps, some were only 10, but in the end, I cranked out 100 reps. My goal is to get out 5 sets of 20 and then up the weight. I did use fewer sets than last time, so I'll take that as progress. Sweated heavy, saw stars, almost felt like passing out. Good times.

I'm always apprehensive on leg day for a couple of reasons. One of them is that I'm worried someone else is taking over the squat rack, which pretty much throws off my entire workout for the day. As I was coming upstairs, I thought today was going to be that day as someone else was doing hamstring stretches in the rack. However, as I got closer, I saw that it was my wife. She said she was holding it until I got out of the locker room. God bless her. I feel lucky knowing that my wife supports me in competing as a bodybuilder.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day. Coincidentally, it's also the day of my cheat meal. For you, Mom, I'll have a carb.
5x20 makes me sore just thinking about it. I give you credit for hitting 100 reps. I did a 10x10 with 185 once and I was brutally sore.

And you're a lucky man. I always feel lucky to have a wife that supports me no matter what madness I get involved with.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:22 AM   #20
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

wife sounds like a keeper....

your plannning to compete in BB?
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)