Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 04-18-2010, 12:22 PM   #1
Violent Volume
Brawn
Points: 2,991, Level: 33 Points: 2,991, Level: 33 Points: 2,991, Level: 33
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Violent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good posts
Default Violent Volume 'nuff said

Up at 5am, power coffee and whey, then NO. Rammed it at 6am for 133 minutes.

Squats 405 for 23 reps in 45 minutes, singles.
Good mornings 315 for 24 reps in 20 minutes, triples.
Squats 365 for 18 reps in 20 minutes, triples.
Romanians 315 for 21 reps in 20 minutes, triples.
Squats 315 for 20 reps, one set.

Nearly ****ing killed me today.

PWO was a ****pile of whey and more coffee, a dozen eggs and wheat toast and butter. Lost count of how much I ate.

Ram. Ram. Ram. Ram. Ram. Going to sit on my ass the rest of the day and eat.
Violent Volume is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

badass looking training style
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
Old 04-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #3
Violent Volume
Brawn

Violent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good posts

Its some serious **** fo sho.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #4
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Awesome workout bro!

Can you give us some more info about you, height weight? Maybe some of your training ideas
Old 04-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #5
HumanHorrorFilm
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn
Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

HumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beast

Username says it all, ****ing awesome!
"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Reigning Undisputed MAB Beard Champion

HumanHorrorFilm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:58 PM   #6
Violent Volume
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
Awesome workout bro!

Can you give us some more info about you, height weight? Maybe some of your training ideas
I'm 5-9 and weight stays between 220 and 240. I will be 40 next year and grew up surrounded by all the muscle mag bull as you can imagine. This is the first forum I joined. The internet scares the **** out fo me because there are too many small and weak guys flapping their gums about what works and not enough of them shutting their pie holes and training.

My training is like this. I believe you start with beginner **** probably a full body. Blah, blah, blah, time passes and you have good enough form in the big lifts to not injure or kill yourself. You move on and build a base with heavy lifts in the 5 rep range and do more bodybuilding-type sets as assistance. I don't see big and strong as two different things. I think that's a load of ****. Sure some guys can eat for crap and get strong and not look like a bodybuilder. On the other hand its hard to get big without getting strong. I want to be both. 'Nuff said.

So any ****ing who, all the while you start doing 5 rep sets you are getting stronger and higher rep work because tedious as hell. 5 rep sets start to suck so you move down to 4s, then 3s and over time you become an advance lifter are big as a house, have no need for hypertrophy, and are challenging yourself with singles doubles and triples.

Is this diarrhea making any sense what so ever?

Of course as you start to train with lower reps you need more rest.

The basics of what I call violent volume is this. When you get to a certain level of strength, you start doing almost all low rep work. You start with a time frame say 15 minutes and try to do as many singles doubles or triples as you can in that time. If you miss your target, say you didn't hit a triple, you rack and rest and keep trying to do whatever reps you can.

At some point you might start to add in minutes and go from 15 minutes of bench triples to 20 minutes of bench triples to 25 minutes or 30. Or you do double progression and add weight, drop reps and add time.

It can be cyclical over the course of months. You can start with triples at 15 minutes and advance to singles at 30 minutes. This is how I trained for the last 5 years. I don't time my workouts but two hours is about the limit.

Right now I am trying out some cycles where I alternate in major lifts, dropping from singles to triples and end with a killer finisher.

If it seems unstructured it really is. I have no clue what the **** I'm doing really. It has some structure but mostly it's about rep density during a given time. You can cycle that however you want.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:03 PM   #7
Violent Volume
Brawn

**** iI almos forgot. My training pattern is liek this.

Squat
Bench
Deadlift
Press
Front squat
Play day
Rest

Play day I just whatever I want like arms abs calves shrugs you name it. Monday is my rest day. Miondays suck.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:24 PM   #8
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Thanks a lot man, great write up. Awesome attitude

I have a lot of the same training philosophies as you, because I have been reading a lot about old time strongmen who lifted heavy almost everyday. This is awesome stuff and I will definitely be following along with your workout.

I like the idea of timing things, and when I start working out alone again I think I will do this, competing against yourself and the clock.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #9
CallmeKing
Max Brawn
Points: 3,800, Level: 38 Points: 3,800, Level: 38 Points: 3,800, Level: 38
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

CallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributor

You got a sick mentality to training I might give this a try.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies with in us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
CallmeKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:44 PM   #10
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Thats one long session. Thats some real old school time frame to your workout. Not to mention your pushing some serious weight.

You have any injuries, or issues from working like this?
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote