Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Training Logs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Violent Volume 'nuff said (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2952)

Violent Volume 04-18-2010 12:22 PM

Violent Volume 'nuff said

Up at 5am, power coffee and whey, then NO. Rammed it at 6am for 133 minutes.

Squats 405 for 23 reps in 45 minutes, singles.
Good mornings 315 for 24 reps in 20 minutes, triples.
Squats 365 for 18 reps in 20 minutes, triples.
Romanians 315 for 21 reps in 20 minutes, triples.
Squats 315 for 20 reps, one set.

Nearly ****ing killed me today.

PWO was a ****pile of whey and more coffee, a dozen eggs and wheat toast and butter. Lost count of how much I ate.

Ram. Ram. Ram. Ram. Ram. Going to sit on my ass the rest of the day and eat.

kman025 04-18-2010 12:24 PM

badass looking training style

Violent Volume 04-18-2010 12:38 PM

Its some serious **** fo sho.

jwood 04-18-2010 12:40 PM

Awesome workout bro!

Can you give us some more info about you, height weight? Maybe some of your training ideas

HumanHorrorFilm 04-18-2010 12:46 PM

Username says it all, ****ing awesome!

Violent Volume 04-18-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 49138)
Awesome workout bro!

Can you give us some more info about you, height weight? Maybe some of your training ideas

I'm 5-9 and weight stays between 220 and 240. I will be 40 next year and grew up surrounded by all the muscle mag bull as you can imagine. This is the first forum I joined. The internet scares the **** out fo me because there are too many small and weak guys flapping their gums about what works and not enough of them shutting their pie holes and training.

My training is like this. I believe you start with beginner **** probably a full body. Blah, blah, blah, time passes and you have good enough form in the big lifts to not injure or kill yourself. You move on and build a base with heavy lifts in the 5 rep range and do more bodybuilding-type sets as assistance. I don't see big and strong as two different things. I think that's a load of ****. Sure some guys can eat for crap and get strong and not look like a bodybuilder. On the other hand its hard to get big without getting strong. I want to be both. 'Nuff said.

So any ****ing who, all the while you start doing 5 rep sets you are getting stronger and higher rep work because tedious as hell. 5 rep sets start to suck so you move down to 4s, then 3s and over time you become an advance lifter are big as a house, have no need for hypertrophy, and are challenging yourself with singles doubles and triples.

Is this diarrhea making any sense what so ever?

Of course as you start to train with lower reps you need more rest.

The basics of what I call violent volume is this. When you get to a certain level of strength, you start doing almost all low rep work. You start with a time frame say 15 minutes and try to do as many singles doubles or triples as you can in that time. If you miss your target, say you didn't hit a triple, you rack and rest and keep trying to do whatever reps you can.

At some point you might start to add in minutes and go from 15 minutes of bench triples to 20 minutes of bench triples to 25 minutes or 30. Or you do double progression and add weight, drop reps and add time.

It can be cyclical over the course of months. You can start with triples at 15 minutes and advance to singles at 30 minutes. This is how I trained for the last 5 years. I don't time my workouts but two hours is about the limit.

Right now I am trying out some cycles where I alternate in major lifts, dropping from singles to triples and end with a killer finisher.

If it seems unstructured it really is. I have no clue what the **** I'm doing really. It has some structure but mostly it's about rep density during a given time. You can cycle that however you want.

Violent Volume 04-18-2010 01:03 PM

**** iI almos forgot. My training pattern is liek this.

Squat
Bench
Deadlift
Press
Front squat
Play day
Rest

Play day I just whatever I want like arms abs calves shrugs you name it. Monday is my rest day. Miondays suck.

jwood 04-18-2010 02:24 PM

Thanks a lot man, great write up. Awesome attitude

I have a lot of the same training philosophies as you, because I have been reading a lot about old time strongmen who lifted heavy almost everyday. This is awesome stuff and I will definitely be following along with your workout.

I like the idea of timing things, and when I start working out alone again I think I will do this, competing against yourself and the clock.

CallmeKing 04-18-2010 03:06 PM

You got a sick mentality to training I might give this a try.

glwanabe 04-18-2010 03:44 PM

Thats one long session. Thats some real old school time frame to your workout. Not to mention your pushing some serious weight.

You have any injuries, or issues from working like this?