Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 04-18-2010, 03:45 PM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Brutal looking workout VV. I would have cashed it in after squats.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2010, 03:51 PM   #12
Violent Volume
Brawn
Points: 2,991, Level: 33 Points: 2,991, Level: 33 Points: 2,991, Level: 33
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Violent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
Thanks a lot man, great write up. Awesome attitude

I have a lot of the same training philosophies as you, because I have been reading a lot about old time strongmen who lifted heavy almost everyday. This is awesome stuff and I will definitely be following along with your workout.

I like the idea of timing things, and when I start working out alone again I think I will do this, competing against yourself and the clock.
Timing keeps me focused. Too many wackoffs in the gyms lolligagging around sipping water between sets and strolling around like zombies. I got away from that **** and put a gym in my house. Got rid of the wife and replaced her with cold, hard steel!

It took me a long time to build up to what I do now. I think its probably the same for most volume training.
Violent Volume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:53 PM   #13
Violent Volume
Brawn

Violent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Thats one long session. Thats some real old school time frame to your workout. Not to mention your pushing some serious weight.

You have any injuries, or issues from working like this?
Hell yes. Numerous injuries. Who doesnt? Hurt my back years ago. I actually tore a ****ing forearm muscle doing curls. I think thats a first.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:15 PM   #14
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

OUCH!!

I've got a titanium plate in my wrist with 5 screws holding it all together. Unfortunately I broke it roller skating aat my Daughters birthday party.

Cool, painful injury, not cool story.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:38 PM   #15
HumanHorrorFilm
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn
Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

HumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beast

Great write up man and im really looking forward to following along on this and maybe taking ideas here and there.

im in the process of clearing out y garage to get my own home gym going and rest assured, my volume will be much higher when all i have to do is just walk outside of the door and into the garage
"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Reigning Undisputed MAB Beard Champion

HumanHorrorFilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:23 PM   #16
Violent Volume
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanHorrorFilm View Post
Great write up man and im really looking forward to following along on this and maybe taking ideas here and there.

im in the process of clearing out y garage to get my own home gym going and rest assured, my volume will be much higher when all i have to do is just walk outside of the door and into the garage
I was checking out your log. Pretty intense **** going on.

After a while I got to the point where I couldn't train at a commercial gym anymore. I just wanted to kill someone. I don't want to ****ing piss on guys that are just there to do their own thing. it's just that when their thing and my thing don't mesh I don't want to answer their questions or watch them curl. It seemed like everyday some twig ass mother****er would tell me about how my workout was going to mess me up, or ask me what supps I take.

I take food and beer.

I mentioned I take Mondays off but was training today out of cycle. My schedule got messed up weeks back from flopping shifts at work.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:12 PM   #17
cooltom
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,358, Level: 20 Points: 1,358, Level: 20 Points: 1,358, Level: 20
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

cooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributor

I'm in for this one. This is awesome.

Follow my progress: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...-powerful.html
cooltom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:02 PM   #18
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent Volume View Post
I take food and beer.
i like that diet!!

workouts look awesome man i'm in fo sho.
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:16 AM   #19
Violent Volume
Brawn

TMI I almost sharted while benching today.Early iron and my stomach was off. Conked out last night in the middle of Rocky. How the **** do you fall asleep during Rocky? I think it was during the ice skating scene. Talia Shire was so homely that I spontaneously passed out.

So I didn't get in my last meal before bed and my stomach was flipping. Damn I was hungry this morning, I took a banana with me and some extra whey. By the end of the 2 hours my hunger was gone and I was ready to sit on my ass.

Bench 340 for 19 reps in 40 minutes, singles.
Bench walkouts 405 for 10 walkouts in 15 minutes. (NSI near shart incident)
Cg bench 255 for 48 reps in 40 minutes, triples.
Bench crush 225 for 42 reps, as many reps in any way possible in 10 minutes.

Nothing in the tank for the crush set. La-de-freaking-da. What can you do? Holy **** to cg benches feel light after walkouts. Crazy insane.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:47 AM   #20
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent Volume View Post
Conked out last night in the middle of Rocky. How the **** do you fall asleep during Rocky? I think it was during the ice skating scene. Talia Shire was so homely that I spontaneously passed out.
I think Burgess Merideth actually played two parts in that movie, they just gave Talia Shire screen credit. Woof.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote