Muscle and Brawn Forums
 

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #21
lefthookright
Senior Member
Uber Brawn
Points: 636, Level: 12 Points: 636, Level: 12 Points: 636, Level: 12
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%
 
lefthookright's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 253
Reputation: 5419
lefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributor
Default

Just here to say first for hang cleans I personally like to do all olympic lifts in doubles when I do them I'm no where near an expert but that's just how I do it triples on lower weight to focus on form and some singles to get prs
And pleaseeee do BTN Push Press One of the best movements I've added to my workout. I'm going to do CnP sometime and I always saw Jamie talking about them I tried them they are great on of my favorite movements and you just look like a beast doing them.
Just start out light on these took me about a month to get these down almost killed myself a couple times but now I never have problems with the form really you just gotta find the groove they're work adding to your workout and better than push presses and any strict overhead press by miles
__________________
Training smart doesn't mean over-thinking everything it means progressing everywhere
lefthookright is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2010, 11:11 AM   #22
jslep
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
 
jslep's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,749
Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
Reputation: 58169
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast
Default

gettin to be a strong mo fo kman. no lie i have trained for years and your dead #'s are the same as mine and you squat more than i do. the only thing i get to hang on to is the bench. good work man!!
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:23 AM   #23
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
kman025's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 4,828
Reputation: 26022
kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthookright View Post
Just here to say first for hang cleans I personally like to do all olympic lifts in doubles when I do them I'm no where near an expert but that's just how I do it triples on lower weight to focus on form and some singles to get prs
And pleaseeee do BTN Push Press One of the best movements I've added to my workout. I'm going to do CnP sometime and I always saw Jamie talking about them I tried them they are great on of my favorite movements and you just look like a beast doing them.
Just start out light on these took me about a month to get these down almost killed myself a couple times but now I never have problems with the form really you just gotta find the groove they're work adding to your workout and better than push presses and any strict overhead press by miles
thanks man. sounds good. i'll try out doubles and see how i like them.

i know, i need to try btn pp. i have before and it felt real akward.

nice avi man
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
gettin to be a strong mo fo kman. no lie i have trained for years and your dead #'s are the same as mine and you squat more than i do. the only thing i get to hang on to is the bench. good work man!!
im trying i need to get my bench up though
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
__________________
I <3 front squats
kman025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:32 AM   #24
jslep
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
 
jslep's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,749
Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
Reputation: 58169
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman025 View Post
im trying i need to get my bench up though
after my comp i'll make a challenge with you. i'll pick a weight to squat and you pick a weight to bench and we'll give it 12 weeks or so and see who can push it first. hows that for motivation. we could even say by the end of summer before you go back to school.
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #25
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
kman025's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 4,828
Reputation: 26022
kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
after my comp i'll make a challenge with you. i'll pick a weight to squat and you pick a weight to bench and we'll give it 12 weeks or so and see who can push it first. hows that for motivation. we could even say by the end of summer before you go back to school.
sounds like a plan, lets try to remember about this.
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
__________________
I <3 front squats
kman025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:08 PM   #26
lefthookright
Senior Member
Uber Brawn
Points: 636, Level: 12 Points: 636, Level: 12 Points: 636, Level: 12
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%
 
lefthookright's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 253
Reputation: 5419
lefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman025 View Post
thanks man. sounds good. i'll try out doubles and see how i like them.

i know, i need to try btn pp. i have before and it felt real akward.
Yeah first things first is making sure you have the shoulder flexibility and no prior rc injuries. If your good there finding a grip comes next. I tried these with my bench grip but that didn't work. The grip I use feels perfect I just stick my thumb out as far as I can so that the very tip is touching the part of the knurling so a about 2 inches wider total than bench grip. Just experiment with your grip. that should come the first workout.

The part that will feel awkward for a while is the actual exercise. Always start it with alot of leg drive and work on dropping the weight fairy fast [not so you just drop it but this isn't a controlled negative it's all about the concentric] and dipping with the weight as you catch it on the bar. Watch Jamie do it he's a pro. start with maybe 95 your first session and move up from there it's an awesome exercise.


End long post lol
__________________
Training smart doesn't mean over-thinking everything it means progressing everywhere
lefthookright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:23 PM   #27
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
 
Bodybygamma's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,499
Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Reputation: 104098
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member
Default

Just because you are doing something else DOESN"T MEAN YOU NEED TO MAKE ANOTHER LOG!

I am very impressed with you progress on the deadlift. That 405 looked solid.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:32 PM   #28
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
kman025's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 4,828
Reputation: 26022
kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthookright View Post
Yeah first things first is making sure you have the shoulder flexibility and no prior rc injuries. If your good there finding a grip comes next. I tried these with my bench grip but that didn't work. The grip I use feels perfect I just stick my thumb out as far as I can so that the very tip is touching the part of the knurling so a about 2 inches wider total than bench grip. Just experiment with your grip. that should come the first workout.

The part that will feel awkward for a while is the actual exercise. Always start it with alot of leg drive and work on dropping the weight fairy fast [not so you just drop it but this isn't a controlled negative it's all about the concentric] and dipping with the weight as you catch it on the bar. Watch Jamie do it he's a pro. start with maybe 95 your first session and move up from there it's an awesome exercise.


End long post lol
thanks for the advice man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
Just because you are doing something else DOESN"T MEAN YOU NEED TO MAKE ANOTHER LOG!

I am very impressed with you progress on the deadlift. That 405 looked solid.
hahaha, i like to make a new log each time. i can see what i like, or what went well when or whatever

thanks man, onward to 500
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
__________________
I <3 front squats
kman025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:25 PM   #29
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
kman025's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 4,828
Reputation: 26022
kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine
Default Week 1- Workout workout 1- Light cardio :(

WORKOUT
10 minutes hill climber treadmill- 15-20 incline @ only 4mph

-i planned to do SS's of calves and abs and then traps and bis, but realized i want to front squat for the 1st time in two weeks and DL tomorrow, so didnt.

Fat bar curls-barx5 for a few sets

~SS with~

Fat Bar OH few sets

stopped this as my forearms were sore and i remembered i may DL tomorrow.

I will normally not take such a pussy attitude, but its day 1 and these are all new to me, also i need a good heavy workout tomorrow.

NOTES
-boring, didnt really do anything
-at least i got in a burned 200-300 calories
-need to get diet together better, but ive leaned out slightly already. weighted in at 179 today, but i had a cheat meal last night so i was very carbed up....

Lose Plan for the next few days (subject to change, based on how i feel
-tomorrow (monday)
--front squat
--Deadlift
--Push Press or light BTN PP

-Tuesday light day
--cardio
--abs/calves Super Set
--Fat grip curl/Db shrug Super Set

-Wed Bench Day

-thurs
-Back Squat heavy
-military press
-hang cleans
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
__________________
I <3 front squats
kman025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:34 PM   #30
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
kman025's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 4,828
Reputation: 26022
kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine
Default

diet for today was pretty good.

a little high in calories, but ratios were great
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
__________________
I <3 front squats
kman025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2nd, chaos, kman, pain, takes, time


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chaos and Pain Sucks Violent Volume Powerlifting & Strength Training 4 09-10-2010 08:39 AM
Chaos pain ?? buZZkiLL Powerlifting & Strength Training 22 04-15-2010 05:37 PM
5/3/1 with Chaos and Pain jwood Powerlifting & Strength Training 12 03-08-2010 09:32 PM
Chaos and Pain for Powerlifters, maybe jwood Powerlifting & Strength Training 7 02-20-2010 10:28 AM
Chaos and Pain jwood Powerlifting & Strength Training 41 01-13-2010 11:23 AM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.