Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine
Default Tomorrow becomes TODAY!!.....GFY!!!

So this will be my journal here at M&B. I've kept a couple others at bb.com. One when I did keto, and the one I still have going now. I'll just be doing the ol' copy/paste routine for both sites for now..

The following is my opening statement from this journal over at bb.com. I felt is was proper to give some background in thread title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the beginning...

I don't know how many times I've heard it. Or said it myself. "I'm going to be huge, someday.." "I'm going to press my bodyweight!", "I'm lifting on a regular basis.."..."I'm going to start tomorrow.." Enough of that B.S.!! Hence the thread title, tomorrow becomes today, starting TODAY!! And damn, I am beat... but I feel good. I'll be keeping track of my progress, with daily updates if I can.
My routine is a hybrid; a mix of different routines that I have read about. I've received endless help and support from people at a few different forums. After doing much research, and asking many many questions, I have decided on the routine I will run. It's basically hitting most muscles 2x a week, once light and easy, then hard and heavy...followed by 3+ days rest to recover.

This is my 2nd bulking run, the 1st being dirty as ****. I plan on keeping this cleaner, but also allowing myself to eat foods I like. I will post each days routine and diet daily.

Lastly, more about me: My name is Rick clearly..okay, not last name clearly...but you get it... I'm 32, 33 in June, 6' .5" tall. I call Massachusetts my home state, but I call myself an American foremost. I work as an IT tech for a pretty big company as a contractor, serving a huge client, the American Gov't. Sounds fancy, but I really just do local IT support for about 350 users. No special privledges or Presidential beer summits...

I have an IGS-5100 home gym, but am trying to sell it and find the $$$ to join a gym in town. That's because the gym room is barely big enough to fit the gym itself, so moving around it to make adjustments sucks. I also no have no real dumbells, something I really want to start using more in my workouts to increase stabilization muscles.

Other than that, I take questions for only $5..unless you're 12 stories tall, in which case it'll be about $3.50...

I've learned so much from when I first started this journal. So take what you read with some idea that if it sounds crazy, I've figured that out and made the positive change...

Link to original journal...for historical purposes I will keep both sites updated, so read all the blah blah if you care...or just stick with the newer, bigger, better me...

A great line from one of my favorite songs by Jimmy Cliff, and also recently mentioned here in another thread..but it just fits the feeling..

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone. I can see all obstacles in my way.

And I will defeat those obstacles! I will move those weights! I will not stop, and I will not let myself be overcome; by doubt; by fear; by intimidation or by other. This I will do, this I will succeed; By this I lay my name and build my foundation.

A few songs to start the motivation :

I don't know why my youtube vids aren't working... I put the weird code in between the [YT] tags...all I see is big white squares..

Last edited by BendtheBar; 03-22-2010 at 08:56 PM.
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2010, 08:58 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I fixed the videos. You simply need to place the url from that webpage and it will auto-embed. The training routine sounds like a good approach. I made most of my gains on a twice a week program. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:20 PM   #3
jhuse2
Big Tex
Max Brawn
Points: 2,522, Level: 30 Points: 2,522, Level: 30 Points: 2,522, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

jhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good posts

Good opening post. Nice approach. Hit it hard.
DEAD LIFTS: . . . . . . . .255/300/435
OVERHEAD PRESS: . . . . 110/135/170

Transformation Contest BULK
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...test-bulk.html
Workout Log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...ngth-form.html
~HOT SH!T.. ROCK & ROLL~
jhuse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #4
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Hit it like there's no tomorrow. Love the attitude.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:37 PM   #5
onetiredkris
Max Brawn
Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32

onetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributor

Sweet deal with the log opener! Cant wait to watch some progress ricka

-OTK's LOG-
We lift weights and manipulate our diets so that we'll look good naked. Sure, it's healthy too, and we'll probably live a longer and more productive life than the average guy, but mostly it's about the naked thing.

onetiredkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:12 AM   #6
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

first post looks good, give it hell man
Old 03-23-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

Thanks guys... Although I still can't see the vids, but that's probably my work filter again. Some get through, some don't...

I forgot to add my BF%, which by use of 2 calipers, one online calculator, and my scale, all average out to about 16-17%...I still find that hard to believe, I always though I was probably in the low to mid 20's...but I'm not complaining in any way...

I have some pics, but will probably hold off posting them for now. I'm not a big self-pic posting person, but will eventually put some up for a before and after comparison...

Today is Tuesday. I plan on resting up a bit today, and going on flood watch as we get another 3" on rain today and tonight. Tomorrow I will set maxes on chest and back; with legs and shoulder maxes on Thursday. Friday maxes will be for arms.. I'm also trying to work some sort of cardio into the mix, but I hate it like many people. Maybe a few HIIT session each week..

As for joining a gym, I don't think that will happen.....I would have to make a 2-3 year commitment to get the $19.99 rate, plus pay a crappy enrollment fee of either $99 or $149. Without commitment, I still pay enrollment of $149, and then it goes up to $29.99 monthly. I just don't really have that kind of money...even if I sell my home gym for $500, that would pretty much only cover 1 year at the gym... I may still just say screw it and do it..They have nice equipment, and it wasn't too busy when I went in. I really like this hammer strength machine they have, I can use for trap raises and deadlifts...

For now, still debating...and negotiating to sell the homr gym for more $$....

P.S. - I also forgot to mention what GFY is all about. If you didn't read the other log, GFY stands for Go F*** Yourself! Which is what I said looking in the mirror when thinking about waiting to start getting in shape. GFY and just damn do it!
Old 03-24-2010, 09:41 AM   #8
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

Default Setting maxes, day 1

Today will set maxes on flat and incline BB bench, and also lat pulldown, low row, and maybe a 3rd back movement depending on how I feel. I'm hoping for 200 on flat. Bench has always been a weak spot, because I thought doing bicep curls everyday was the best way to look huge years ago.. Now that I have a better understanding of what it means to be strong, I need to improve my core weights; starting with bench press.

I've also started preloading creatine and beta-alanine. Creapure at 10g a day, and will bump that up to 20g for Friday, Sat and Sun..Then on bulk will be using C-Bol(6g total), off days will be back to 5g Creapure just to keep the levels high between sessions. BA load is at 5g daily, spread out over 3 doses. On bulk it will be 1.6g 4x a day..

I've never really used creatine other than in Animal Pump once, and I like the difference. I have used BA before and that stuff is awesome! I certainly feel a difference in my overall endurance...and I kind of like the tingling..

So feeling good for now, a bit tired but I'll jump on the bike for a bit to get the blood moving later.. Will do sets of 5, increasing the weight 5Lbs at a time until I start to hit the wall, then sets of 3, and finally the set of 1 to max. I'll be taking part of the 5/3/1 routine fundamentals in that I'm going to use 90% of my max, as my max calculation base and then go from there to plan weight increases throughout.....

Old 03-24-2010, 10:12 AM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Let me know what you think of the beta-alanine-creatine combo. I've heard only good things. Hit it hard!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:37 PM   #10
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

Will do man...it will be here. I'll put a review of each supp that goes in, and what I got out of it personally...