Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 03-30-2010, 09:06 PM   #21
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Way to kick a$$ on the workout Ricka. Keep hard at it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2010, 02:57 AM   #22
Shaolinkiwi
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn
Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor

Oh snap not sure how I missed your log brother. But subbed up. Looking good too man, I won't be around much for the next few days for a couple of reasons:

1) I'm sick
2) Reading logs makes me jealous and angry cos I'm not working out.

Anyway train hard, pain is temporary and chicks dig scars.

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sup...alpha-log.html

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
Shaolinkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:34 AM   #23
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Way to kick a$$ on the workout Ricka. Keep hard at it.
Will do man...work has been a real bitch today so I'll be adding a little aggression to todays session. I'm sensing near-total pectoral failure tomorrow..and that's a good thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolinkiwi View Post
Oh snap not sure how I missed your log brother. But subbed up. Looking good too man, I won't be around much for the next few days for a couple of reasons:

1) I'm sick
2) Reading logs makes me jealous and angry cos I'm not working out.

Anyway train hard, pain is temporary and chicks dig scars.
Cool man..good to have ya here.. You probably missed it because I never really advertised it too much. I've had a journal over at BB.com since last year..I still post the updates there, and also in the TGZ group journal... Def get better Shao.. I spent almost a month being sick and injured before I started this bulk run, so I know how you feel..not lifting sucks..
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:24 PM   #24
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine
Default WTF was I thinking?!?!

What an F'ed workout...but I still feel semi ok about it. When I went over my routine, I pre-planned all my weight progressions for each workout. I was hoping for 5Lbs each week on most lifts. I'm not so sure that will happen now...which means I'll have to rework my speadsheet over the weekend. I also screwed up when calculating my maxes.. I figured my 1RM on Flat, and forgot to do Incline. So I just dropped 25% off the flat max..and I should have dropped more. I had to sit up and roll the bar down my chest on the 2nd set which sucked big time, and hurt a bit..and I almost crushed my boys... I wound up reworking it right away, and at least getting my reps in. And I tried too much on squats..I could only manage just above paralell with ****ty form..so I'll have to drop that down too. I was pretty pissed at first, but this is my first real attempt on heavy weights to me in a while, so I can live with it.... Anyway, enough bitching...

Diet

Breakfast: 6 eggs, 2 slices of toast w/butter
2 Snacks: 1oz peanuts - 1 before lunch, and another about an hour before session start..
2 Lunches: 4.5oz chicken and 1/2c rice pilaf * Ate this twice about 90 minutes apart..
Dinner: 12oz ham
Pre: Custom mix of - Vitargo VS2 and BCAAs..mixed with grape powerade, taken with Hemavol and C-Bol
Post: 2 scoops Syntha-6, 1 scoop VS2, mixed with 2c water
Bedtime: 1 scoop Cassein + 1 sccop whey mixed with water and milk

Session Summary This day almost sucked 100%...

Incline Press - 160 x5 reps - 170 x0 (fail point) - 145 x5 reps - 155 x3 reps - 165 x1 rep...

Chest Fly - 125 x5 reps - 140 x3 reps - 160 x1 rep - I could have a lot higher on these. Last set @ 160 used a 10 sec in, 10 sec hold, and 10 sec out...

Decline Press - 150 x5
Flat Press - 150 x5

Squat - 210 x5 reps x3 sets - I need to drop this down a bit. I almost fell both to front and back trying to stabalize myself....

BB Calf Raises - 210 x10 reps x3 sets - Easy enough, but grip was ****ty on last set..

Overall, I rate this only a mutha-****in 6/10...because I failed at what I wanted today, but not overall. I will make my adjustments for next week heavy days after I make sure I can do tomorrow with no fails. Tomorrow is heavy day for Back and Shoulders...

I'm going to down my night time shake, punch myself in the face, and go to bed...
Old 04-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #25
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

Default Better day...(sort of)

Today was heavy day for Shoulders and Back, and I am very pleased. I even decided to add some SLDLs for fun... No failures either..all movements successful...even though I know I could have gone higher, I need to stay on pace, low and slow to properly build without burning out after a few weeks like I usually do..

F**K!!! Just realized I screwed up some rep counts, but no big deal.. I thought the reps were low, so I held them all longer...oh well, will be sure to not do this again next week..

anyway, today went like this :

Diet

Same as yesterday, but only 1 snack..didn't have time to eat, real busy at work..

Session Summary

Seated Low Row - 115 x5, 130 x3, 150 x1 - This is where I messed up. I was supposed to do 5 reps of each weight, not 5/3/1...

Bent BB Row - 135 x5 reps x2 sets, 150 x5 reps x1 set. Starting to like this move..

SLDL - 150 x10 reps x3 sets - Started with regular DLs, but felt I was leaning too far forward, so started SLDLs and had more control..

Standing OH Press - 95 x5 reps x2 sets, 105 x5 reps x1 set

DB Lat Raises - One of my weakest points..did a mix of side and front with 10 and 20 DBs - Kept the same as light day because I have no other DBs yet...

BB Shrugs - 200 x5 reps x5 sets - Love these, but grip was killing me afterwards. Need to find a way to grip better, or use straps...

Overall, I rate today an 8/10. Pretty good day, could have been better, could have been worse...
Old 04-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #26
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

Just a quick update today...on my out to have a few beers and pizza by the fire at a friends house. Not the house on fire, but in an outdoor fireplace. Good times indeed.

Today was arms, just Bi's and Tri's...will make a few adjustments, but still no failures again, so I'm happy there.

Diet

Breakfast: 3 eggs, 2 slices of toast w/butter
Snack: 1oz peanuts
Lunch: 4.5oz chicken and 1/2c rice pilaf
Dinner: Large grilled chicken sub with provo and bacon..yummy!
Pre: Custom mix of - Vitargo VS2 and BCAAs..mixed with grape powerade, taken with Hemavol and C-Bol
Bedtime: 1 scoop Cassein* If I remember later tonight to get it down..

Session Summary

Standing BB Curl - 5 sets of 15 reps, starting @ just 45, and increasing each set by 5Lbs... - will probably increase this next week, was pretty easy.

Preacher curl - 2 sets x5 reps @ 60, 1 set x5 reps @65... - way too easy! Need more for sure..

Smith CGDB - 2 sets x5 reps @80, 1 set x5 reps @ 85, 1 set x5 reps @ 90..not including the smith bar weight, about 20Lbs..almost killed crushed my skull, good thing for smith locks..

Tri Push Down - 3 sets x5 reps, 50, 60, 70

Overall, I rate today an 7/10. Okay day, not the pump and tightness I wanted, but still not a waste..

No lifting this weekend...going to be brewing some beer tomorrow and chilling outside all day..

Also, current weight at 236.5 - May need to eat more, because I think I actually lost weight this week..
Old 04-02-2010, 11:58 PM   #27
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Good stuff man, remember progression is key. If the weight feels light at all, increase. Keep pushing for more weight or more reps.

Have a great weekend, enjoy the beer, I know I will!
Old 04-03-2010, 01:38 AM   #28
Shaolinkiwi
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn

Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor

Just put the last couple of workouts down to figuring it all out. Hit it fresh next week with a better idea of where your at, then they will feel better and progression will flow.

As for brewing - lagers ftw

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
Old 04-03-2010, 08:58 AM   #29
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
Good stuff man, remember progression is key. If the weight feels light at all, increase. Keep pushing for more weight or more reps.

Have a great weekend, enjoy the beer, I know I will!
That's what I'm planning on...use the first week or 2 to really gauge where I'm at overall..then get ripping into it. I'll be reworking the numbers tomorrow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolinkiwi View Post
Just put the last couple of workouts down to figuring it all out. Hit it fresh next week with a better idea of where your at, then they will feel better and progression will flow.

As for brewing - lagers ftw
haha, Shao.. Ales rule!!

Time to brew! woo-hoo!

P.S. - Shao, I saw your mates, Flight of the Conchords on a DVD last night. Those two are F'ed in the head man..funny, but very strange indeed..
Old 04-03-2010, 07:23 PM   #30
Shaolinkiwi
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricka182 View Post
P.S. - Shao, I saw your mates, Flight of the Conchords on a DVD last night. Those two are F'ed in the head man..funny, but very strange indeed..
Yea typically kiwi humor quite dry wit and tons of sarcasm.

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT