Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 07-19-2010, 01:02 PM   #191
strkout35
Max Brawn
Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

strkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricka182 View Post
So in reference to the above post....that was the number of seconds until I start heavy lifting again. I can't freaking wait... I'm going to run the numbers to finalize my plan of attack for diet and routine. I'm thinking of a 3500+ cal diet, not counting macros. Just eating what I know is right and not being so picky about every damn gram of food I eat. For routine, I'm looking at a fairly heavy schedule, hitting the big 4 2x a week. For example, I would do chest and shoulders on Monday, and again on Wednesday. Same routine, same weights, pyramid scheme with high volume sets to start, then increasing weight and lowering total reps over the whole set scheme. I know this sounds like a lot, but I think it'll really work my muscles good for a few days, then give lots of rest. Another reason is stay out of the gym on Fridays, and just go M-Th. I'd like to be able to sleep an extra 45 minutes on Fridays..just because.

I'll be running the LG Trifecta Stack during this bulk cycle. I'll post all my supps and full diet and routine later this week. This week is to be used as a clean week. I need to flush out from nearly 2 months of abuse, not paying attention to what I ate or drank. I think I gained 12 pounds back from my last cut, so basically that was a waste. No more elevators, no more excuses, no more injuries, no more alcohol(going to try to stay dry for the full cycle, plus some if I can), no more BS.

It's ****ing time to get strong again....and next week is only the beginning.
SFW man, good luck with everything. it feels good to start hitting the weights again, i just took a week off and i'm so pumped to hit the gym in an hour

_________Goals:__
Squat:______275
Deadlift:_____315
Bench:______185
Press:_______135

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe"
strkout35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2010, 08:02 PM   #192
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Archery 2000 Champion! Fish Eat Fish Champion! Power Driver Champion! Yeti Sports 1 Greece Champion! Penguinoids Champion!
Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by strkout35 View Post
SFW man, good luck with everything. it feels good to start hitting the weights again, i just took a week off and i'm so pumped to hit the gym in an hour
Thanks S35... I'm feeling more and more ready every day. I got my first actual lifting session in today.

Flat Bench

95 x 20 - 1 set
115 x 10 - 1 set
135 x 5 - 3 sets

Real easy on all sets. Wasn't expecting much of a challenge, these were more of a stretch lift using a good long pause at the bottom. I'll do it again on Thursday, along with a few DL's and some OH Presses. I also started running a little bit each morning, but that will stop once I start next week...only because I lift in the A.M.... I just wanted to get the blood moving for the first time in a long time.

Was too busy at work today to get any planning done...that has to be done tomorrow..I want to post it up and get some opinions first..
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:09 PM   #193
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

Archery 2000 Champion! Fish Eat Fish Champion! Power Driver Champion! Yeti Sports 1 Greece Champion! Penguinoids Champion!
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine
Default Need Monday...now!!

Another good day. Ran a bit again with more sprints. Getting close to a 5 minute mile again.. Shins are killing me too.. More running tomorrow morning, and probably Friday too..

Flat Bench

95 x 20
115 x 10
135 x 5
185 x 3
205 x 1 x 3

Very ****ing happy to see that after taking such a long break I'm still confident I could hit my 1RM @ 225.. I didn't try today, but I may tomorrow.. Using a real slow rep scheme with a pause at the bottom..

I'm still F'ed with my diet and routine plans. I know what I want to do for a routine, just have to put it screen to plan out the weight progression I'd like to keep pace with. I figure adding 5lbs a week on most lifts is reasonable, but will probably try for more. I really want to set some serious PRs this time around.. For diet, I'll do that tomorrow at work.. The morning should be a bit quieter than the past 3 days hopefully..
Old 07-21-2010, 09:04 PM   #194
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good luck with the PRs. 5 pounds a week will get it done.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:59 PM   #195
uforce
New Brawn
Points: 1,856, Level: 25 Points: 1,856, Level: 25 Points: 1,856, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

uforce is off to a good startuforce is off to a good startuforce is off to a good startuforce is off to a good start

read through a few pages....

good luck with the ph cycle. i'll be interested to see what it does for you.
i've never dabbled in ph's either, so this has caught my eye.

also, want to hear thoughts on bf pm.

good luck!
uforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #196
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Good luck with the PRs. 5 pounds a week will get it done.
Thanks BTB.. A very big part of me that really wants to add 10 per week, but I know that if do, I may wear out too fast, especially seeing as I'm going to be starting with heavier than usual and pushing and pulling until my eyes pop out.. Maybe 5 the first 3 weeks, then 10 for a couple weeks, then back down to 5 for the remainder of PCT and Bioforge/LX run..

Quote:
Originally Posted by uforce View Post
read through a few pages....

good luck with the ph cycle. i'll be interested to see what it does for you.
i've never dabbled in ph's either, so this has caught my eye.

also, want to hear thoughts on bf pm.

good luck!

Thanks man... I was a bit nervous when thinking of a PH, but I figured now or never is the time to give them a go. At first, I was going to jump into an H-drol & 11-oxo cycle, but the cost was too high for everything I would have needed to do it safely.. I got the Trifecta 4 bottle special for $89! So after reading more and more on PHs in general, and the specific PHs in the Trifecta I bit..

As for the BF PM, if it's snything like the first BF, I'll be happy. I def noticed a increase in energy, strength, and libidio on that stuff. And the Pro-Max is supposed to be even better.. One good thing about BB.com is that THEHUGE posts quite frequently there, and seeing he is the guy behind the formulation of both products...asked him a few questions, always got back to me quickly and professionally with the answers to my questions... So I trust he has made another good product..

Amzingly, been busy since 7am damnit...so still no progress on the diet plan and routine. For sure, when I get home today..the DVR will have wait.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:17 PM   #197
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I think 5 is a good choice. Heck, that's a 100 pound gain in 5 months. Bam!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:34 PM   #198
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

Default Getting closer... and a new PR!!!! F**K YEAH!!!

PR details down below...

So still no plan written up yet.. After work I visited some family, then hit the range to wasted $6 and shank a bucket over the fence to the right. I've lost my swing completely after not touching the clubs on 2 months. Basically back to beginning of the year like..oh well.. I'll play more once the Summer winds down a bit. Too damn hot to roast away out there...

Ran again today...nothing special.. Just under 2 miles in just over 10 minutes. Shins are still sore... May not run tomorrow, could really use an extra 30 minutes of sleep. As I won't be lifting on Fridays anyway, I'll probably just roll around in bed until I smash the alarm clock..

Flat Bench

95 x 20
135 x 10
185 x 5
205 x 3
230 x 1 - PR!!!

I have no F'ing clue how the hell I was able to push 230 up.. I did 225 2 months ago, and I thought that was awesome. I'm almost too psyched to be excited if that makes sense. Sort of in a state of disbelief to be honest. I'm really thinking I'll break my BW on bench by the end of the Trifecta cycle..and I haven't even started yet!

I'm so tired right now too.. watching Wipeout, one of my favorite shows. I get a sick feeling of satisfaction seeing people get hurt, in a "not-really-hurt" fashion.. Just so damn funny.. Then want to catch up on Deadliest Catch...then sleepy time.

I'll be taking fresh pics and stats on Sunday night. I hate doing BF%. I look real fluffy, but don't think I'm much over 20%... Last time I pinched I was at 16% using calipers. I'm using Accurite calipers, and will take 3 measurements at each site and use the average. Weight being measured with a Taylor digital scale. Going to take all measurements right before bed. I was thinking of doing cold pics, then getting warmed up for some flexed pics....but I don't want to be pumped before I go to bed and lose sleep.. Waking up at 5am will not fun...

Yawn. goodnight....well, after I update the Testosterone thread..
Old 07-23-2010, 11:56 AM   #199
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

Default Finally!!!

So I've finally finished the routine spreadsheet..outlining all excersises and weights to start at. I'll adjust accordingly as I progress each week. I'm going to start with a few of the same lighter weights on some moves just to get my form and control back, but the 2nd week will be more hardcore..

Basic routine is 4 day, no split. M & W are chest and shoulders, with some assistance tricep work. Tu & Th are back and legs with assistance bicep work. I'll use a different main excersise for each muscle group on each day...i.e., Monday chest main is flat bench, while on Wedneday chest main is incline bench at a slightly lighter volume. Same goes for shoulders, back, and legs.. I know it sounds like a lot of volume with little rest, but after the second workout each muscle group gets 4 days rest..

I reall want to have a few beers this weekend, but I told myself I would stay clean at least until I started PCT... that is going to be very tough. Even though it's not methylated, I don't want to chance F'ing my liver too much.. Maybe just a couple on the weeknds.. Definitely zero alcohol on Sundays to allow my body to wash out whatever I have on Fridays and Saturday, if any at all.....

3 days away, and I can't wait. After setting a new chest PR last night I'm so ready to SFW!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2010, 03:16 PM   #200
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

Default Meal plan complete!

Just finalized the meal plan.... Spent almost 4 hours total.. This is the most detailed plan I've done in a while. I came up with 3 different dinners to keep some variety during the week. Breakfast and lunch is the same, which is fine with me. I did all the macros, even figuring out the differences for each dinner. I then worked out all the averages, cals for each macro, and percentages.

So how this does sound for macros?...

3846 calories
422g Protein - 43%
310g Carbs - 32%
103g Fat - 24% - This does not incluce the the stats from the fish oil in my diet.

Yes, I know that 43+32+24 is only 99... I rounded up a few numbers by less then .5, so the math is just off, but not really enough to make that much of a difference..

Also, I know the fat is bit high, but those are just starting numbers and will be adjusted. I probably won't use as much cheese and butter as I alotted, but I wanted the higher set of numbers to work with for starters.

I have a lot of food shopping to do tomorrow.....