Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 05-03-2010, 04:13 PM   #91
Shaolinkiwi
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn
Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor

Will be like working out in a Japanese sweat box.

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sup...alpha-log.html

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
Shaolinkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2010, 06:54 PM   #92
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Congrats on those squat and bench PRs. You da man!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:26 PM   #93
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Congrats on those squat and bench PRs. You da man!
Thanks..I don't consider them PRs anymore..only because I know I can do more. But I suppose until I do it, those are my numbers... very soon, I'm going to retest for maxes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolinkiwi View Post
Will be like working out in a Japanese sweat box.
It was. Ugh x2! It actually cooled off as the workout went on. Little bit of rain, then some wind...then sun and more humidity..

Anyway, got it done..just not feeling the same soreness and pump today though. I know the pump comes from my high amount of sets in the pyramid, and I've been cutting some of them out. I just feel like I got a better workout with that pump, but I'm trying to teach myself to say F the pump...

Diet

6 Eggs and toast for breakfast, chicken and rice for lunch, 8oz Haddock, sauteed with breadcrumbs..

Session Summary

Flat Press
20x @ 120
10x @ 160
5x @ 185 x2 sets
5x @ 205
4x @ 205 - Clipped the damn J-hook again...should have been 5 reps..

Pec Deck

20x @ 12
10x @ 150
5x @ 170 - x2 Sets w/ 30 sec rest
5x @ 180 - x2 Sets w/ 30 sec rest

Squat

20x @ 155
10x @ 185
5x @ 205
5x @ 215

Productive session I suppose... I'm finding any squat bar over 200 really kills my neck..I put a towel there, but it still gets sore..maybe need a thicker towel... Overall, I'm tired. But it's done.. I'm thinking of finishing this week, then running a deload next week..Then retesting maxes again the week after....
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:13 AM   #94
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine
Default Arhghghg! WTF! 7/8 PR

Seriously..Can anyone tell me WTF 7/8ths of a PR is? This was the worst, least energetic I've felt in a long time...and I don't know why. Plenty of sleep, same diet, just didn't feel like anything...

As for the 7/8ths of a PR..well, after pretty much failing on some lousy Lat Pull Downs, at numbers I have already pulled over I decided to just do some DLs and call it a day. No work on Shoulders, just back work... Now my known good PR for DL is 255.. I did a few sets of 135, 185, and 215...next set was to be 225, but I decided to say screw it, and fully load the bar. 300 pounds. That's all I have available to use. I loaded the bar, and paced around wondering if I was doing the right thing...would I kill my back? would I set a new PR? would I feel confident I was making progress, or holding myself back. I got my feet under the bar, put my shins on the bar, lowered down and took an overhand grip...I put my chin up, looked way up, and began to rise...rise, rise, rise damint! But I was unable to fully lockout, as I felt my grip more than just slipping. I had to lower back down to prevent dropping 300Lbs and probably pissing off my neighbor and also damaging my floor.... 7/8ths of a rep!!! WTF is 7/8ths? Really? I couldn't just push my chest up and lockout for 1 second!! I was happy that I got 300 up, but I am still pissed I couldn't get it completed...and also pissed I had zero energy.

I was planning a deload next week, so maybe that will help a bit. Today is also an off-day, so I'll get some extra rest tonight..

Anyway, the short crappy day went like this :

Diet

The usual until dinner..I had 6 ravioli and 2 meatballs instead of ham...

Session Summary

Lat Pull Down
20x @ 100 x2 sets
7x @ 140 - This is where the "F*** me" began... was supposed to be 2 sets of 10 reps, but after failing and retrying, and failing again I felt like dying...

Nothing else on this, not good, not happy....

Dead Lift

10x @ 135
5x @ 185 x2 sets
7/8(!) @ 300 - WTF is 7/8ths of a rep?! How do you report 7/8ths of a rep...this really should go down as a straight fail, but I've never lifted that much before, so it's being noted..

No Shoulder work...just felt so crappy..

I'm hoping things change for the better soon..I think I worry about it all too much, the diet, the supps, the routine. I may just finish the current routine and supps I have now, then change it all around...again.

Oh, did I mention....WTF is 7/8ths of a rep?!

Last edited by ricka182; 05-05-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:09 PM   #95
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I HATE missing deadlifts because of grip. After 23 years I moved over to the dark side and started using Versa Gripps. I figure if guys can use uber-ply canvas bench shirts to push up 1000 pounds, I have earned the right to use some grip assistance.

Anyway, you'll get it! Keep pushing.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #96
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I HATE missing deadlifts because of grip. After 23 years I moved over to the dark side and started using Versa Gripps. I figure if guys can use uber-ply canvas bench shirts to push up 1000 pounds, I have earned the right to use some grip assistance.

Anyway, you'll get it! Keep pushing.

WTF is a bench shirt...seriously?! Is there a piece of clothing that supposedly helps with benching too? I was thinking of getting some hooks and giving the 300 another try..

Okay, so I just checked out a few different B-Press shirts...they look like an undersized shirt, worn backwards that acts like a knee brace or something... But if the shirt actually helps lift more weight, well I see that as cheating then, right? How is it not cheating, if you're using something, anything other than your muscles to push a weight like that? I'm a bit confused and too much of a noob to need one anyway I guess..oh well..

As for grip, I tried using a mixed grip, I tried a sumo grip, but I feel a better grip overall when using a basic overhand grip, mostly in my fingers... I guess my grip just plain sucks...
Old 05-05-2010, 12:38 PM   #97
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricka182 View Post
WTF is a bench shirt...seriously?! Is there a piece of clothing that supposedly helps with benching too? I was thinking of getting some hooks and giving the 300 another try..

Okay, so I just checked out a few different B-Press shirts...they look like an undersized shirt, worn backwards that acts like a knee brace or something... But if the shirt actually helps lift more weight, well I see that as cheating then, right? How is it not cheating, if you're using something, anything other than your muscles to push a weight like that? I'm a bit confused and too much of a noob to need one anyway I guess..oh well..

As for grip, I tried using a mixed grip, I tried a sumo grip, but I feel a better grip overall when using a basic overhand grip, mostly in my fingers... I guess my grip just plain sucks...
Don't get hooks. Get Versa Gripps. I can hold up a house for hours with those suckers:

Versa Gripps | The Official Site | Home

Double overhand I could only deadlift 315 unless I'm using Versa Gripps.

Regarding bench shirts...there are so many different types of squat and bench shirts, etc., that can help add a ton of weight. Some powerlifting feds allow them and some don't.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:03 PM   #98
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

VersaGrips...Hmm, looks cool..and I've heard that name before.

Which model do you have? I'm not sure if I want to drop $52.50+s/h, unless there's a big enough difference..

Also, do you know of any national chain stores that sell them?...I'd like to try a pair, before having to pay to try a pair and return them losing shipping both ways....
Old 05-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #99
Shaolinkiwi
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn
Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor

My grip gives out around the 250 mark and straps leave me with dry skin marks and flaking may have to consider these things.

When changing up the program, let me know I think you were interested in 5/3/1. I have all of Ben's stuff so I can e-mail to ya.

I'm almost on to my first deload week of cycle 1. On Tuesday I belted out 7 reps at 320lbs on the dead lift. Surprised myself, worth a shot if your after a strength increase.

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sup...alpha-log.html

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
Shaolinkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:43 PM   #100
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolinkiwi View Post
My grip gives out around the 250 mark and straps leave me with dry skin marks and flaking may have to consider these things.

When changing up the program, let me know I think you were interested in 5/3/1. I have all of Ben's stuff so I can e-mail to ya.

I'm almost on to my first deload week of cycle 1. On Tuesday I belted out 7 reps at 320lbs on the dead lift. Surprised myself, worth a shot if your after a strength increase.

Will do Shao...It's either 5/3/1, or time to cut. If I cut, I'm going to go as far as I can and try to drop 25+ and get real lean....all Summer long...