Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 04-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #31
Fire36
Nozzle Jockey
Max Brawn

Fire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributor

Well, I have typically just ate whatever I could food wise to get the calorie intake up. The past week though i've worked at making smarter food choices, i've all but cut out caffeine. However my schedule is so un predictable that I don't always get in meals regularly. I have to really work hard on the diet portion of my training. The days I don't get a good training session in its because my food intake hasn't been what it should be.
And I can really tell it in the gym, as my energy level is not there.
I've never been one that has worried about my food intake before now its just really hard to work onthis.
Fire36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2010, 05:28 PM   #32
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire36 View Post
I've never been one that has worried about my food intake before now its just really hard to work onthis.
The key is generally regular protein. I keep mine light. I hate eating heavy all day.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:42 PM   #33
Fire36
Nozzle Jockey
Max Brawn

Fire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributor

What do you folks do for a pre workout meal and how soon ahead of workout do you eat? I had a pre workout shake yesterday and thought I'd lose it doing push ups
Old 04-05-2010, 10:51 PM   #34
Fire36
Nozzle Jockey
Max Brawn

Ok todays training was a lot better in the gym than my last go round. I am extremely pleased with my squat and what i did for deads today. even my OHP is coming along nicely. Abs are sore as hell from the bridges but its a good sore.

All in all I really felt good about my progess today, i just have to really work at the diet thing. making sure i eat when i am supposed to, and what not. Diet is my biggest downfall and will continue to make this a priority.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:56 PM   #35
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Ok todays training was a lot better in the gym than my last go round. I am extremely pleased with my squat and what i did for deads today. even my OHP is coming along nicely. Abs are sore as hell from the bridges but its a good sore.

All in all I really felt good about my progess today, i just have to really work at the diet thing. making sure i eat when i am supposed to, and what not. Diet is my biggest downfall and will continue to make this a priority.
keep up the good lifting.

over time the diet will fall in place if you keep puting effort into it
Old 04-06-2010, 09:31 AM   #36
Fire36
Nozzle Jockey
Max Brawn

Thanks kman, if i could really improve one aspect of my training its my nutrition. I am really jacked about what I am doing in the gym, i had set a goal with my squats of 5x5 with 200 by may 1 and i think i'll be there long before that, with my first 200 set on friday and i am effin jacked about it
Old 04-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #37
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
What do you folks do for a pre workout meal and how soon ahead of workout do you eat? I had a pre workout shake yesterday and thought I'd lose it doing push ups
I don't eat much pre-workout. Maybe whey protein one hour before. Then I sip on whey during the workout.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #38
Fire36
Nozzle Jockey
Max Brawn

Thanks BTB, I had a pre training shake on friday but was about 25 minutes before hand and it certainly didnt go over so good. Ate a decent meal yesterday about 1 hour or so before i hit the gym big difference.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:33 PM   #39
Fire36
Nozzle Jockey
Max Brawn

Good workout today, and managed to eat a touch over 3K calories despite a busy day at work. Rocked out to some really killer tunes. Did see a new training program I would like to try, but still a bit confused by the sets and how it alternates.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:11 PM   #40
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

Fire your doing great. Keep it up man. YOur gonnna kick some ass at that competition
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote