Old 03-31-2010, 06:39 AM   #21
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire36 View Post
I am still in the mindset that its a big deal to me because its a long ways from where I started.
That is a big deal Fire. That's how the iron game works, and so many younger trainees struggling for gains don't focus enough on simple progression. keep hard at it and you'll exceed your goals. Great job.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2010, 08:57 AM   #22
Fire36
Nozzle Jockey
Max Brawn

Fire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributor

Thanks, BTB. It has taken me a long time to find something that actually worked. I really got started late in strength training, but made the decision I wanted to be stronger to do my job and compete in competitions. After finding what really worked and stopped trying the latest greatest "gimmick" program. Its no wonder I hated being in the gym. Now I look forward to getting in there, and moving some iron. Today is Deadlift day looking forward to it.
Fire36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:05 AM   #23
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

You've made a big step forward. Many guys never get to the point where they experiment and find what works for them. Now that you've found what works, run with it.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:42 PM   #24
Fire36
Nozzle Jockey
Max Brawn

Fire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributor

WOW!!!!!!!!!! Just back from the gym and doin my B training lifts. I'm still impressed by what I did today. For some reason I was really into it today. Did a pre training protein shake. Todays lifts are as follows
Squats 5x5 with 160,165,170,175,180(175 was my previous highest weight in a 5 set routine and it was on my last set of 5 had never seen a 20 pound difference between 1st and last set). OHP was again 5x5 with 80,80,85,85,85 again a personal best.
Deadlift was 185 one set of 5
Pullups 3x5
and Prone bridges for abs.

All in all i felt awesome about todays battle with the iron. My goal is squat 3 sets of 200 by may 1st. Its nice hearing others doing squats.
Guy I work with does not do squats or deadlift and had me scared as hell to do them. Kept telling me how they screwed up his back. Hell I've seen him mess up his back so many times and usually its from something simple. He used to do goodmornings and stopped cuz it hurt his back. his last back injury wsa from bending over pulling his bunker pants up. So he had me leery until I talked to alot of other guys and really really concentrated on form with DL before I added weight.
I am just really stoked about today. Keep focusing on the big goal and getting excited over the small ones.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:55 PM   #25
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Hammer Low Pull
Fav Supp: Jack3d, Yok3d, ModernBCAA
DocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machine
Thumbs up

It's all about consistency brutha, just stay at it!!!
Old 03-31-2010, 02:57 PM   #26
Fire36
Nozzle Jockey
Max Brawn

Thanks Doc
Old 03-31-2010, 03:02 PM   #27
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Hammer Low Pull
Fav Supp: Jack3d, Yok3d, ModernBCAA
DocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire36 View Post
Thanks Doc
Welcome man!
Old 03-31-2010, 04:23 PM   #28
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Great workout!

Don't worry about the guys who "got injured" from squats or deadlifts. Half of them just got really sore, and the other half are full of crap. 10% actually got hurt, and that's from poor form or a fluke. Get your form down pat, ask for help, and you'll be fine.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:27 PM   #29
Fire36
Nozzle Jockey
Max Brawn

OK a bit frustrated with todays training. Squats were awesome, bench was better, went back to the inverted row with a better technique i actually like that now, push ups kicked my ass today.
Diet has sucked today not impressed at all with my food intake need to really really work hard on my days off of eating better.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:26 PM   #30
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

What's your diet like?
sneezingstardust is offline   Reply With Quote