Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 04-05-2010, 06:30 PM   #51
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn
Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

Great PR!! Feels good to look back, no? Nice progress.
sneezingstardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #52
lefthookright
Uber Brawn
Points: 636, Level: 12 Points: 636, Level: 12 Points: 636, Level: 12
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

lefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributor

Thanks sneezing dust lady I felt like a beast because if you looked over and kinda squinted it looked like I was pressing the big plates lol
Old 04-06-2010, 11:16 AM   #53
lefthookright
Uber Brawn

lefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributor

Alright guys today I went to the gym [my basement] and did a little arm work ala' C&P I just did 3x5 on barbell curls overhead extensions and forearms curls and then a little ab wheel. The Ab-Wheel feels solid I should have the standing ab wheel in a month maybe??? If I do I'll post a vid up for kicks.

-Today was awesome haven't done arm isolations in literally months
-Got a tiny pump which was fun a little bicep vein kinda came out never seen it before
-Still leaning up which is good
-Yesterday I got a new guitar teacher because the old one can't teach me on the only time the lesson works and my new teacher is awesome. Won like regional king of the blues contest sponsored by Gibson like 5 years ago and is entering again this year.
-He has a totally different style of teaching and I love it this is a training log and I'm also training to be a studio guitarist so whatever!
Old 04-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #54
lefthookright
Uber Brawn

Alright so today back to regular push pull legs thing we do which is still fun at least I get to workout right. Soo bench I've decided to run a 5x5 with straight weight I've never done more than 1 working set on bench so I think this might work?

Anyway warmed up 2 sets of the bar until I felt good set of 8 at 95 a set of 5 at 125 and a set of 2 at 135 pushed out 150x5 Set and Volume PR on all the sets last set felt good. Going to 155 on all set next week as soon as I miss a rep I'll stop and just increase weight when I get all 5 sets.
I was really really tired after this because I didn't get too much sleep so there was no way I was attempting a BTN Push Press in that state lol so I went to strict overhead and on my 2 warmup set of 95x2 I couldn't get the weight up because I was fried so good thing I didn't do BTNPP.
Went to CGBP and did 95x5
then 135x2 and finally
150x5 PR last rep was a grinder felt good. [warmup sets are limited because the last exercise I really did was bench OHP didn't go too well]

-I think 5x5 will work well for bench at this point 1 working set just doesn't get it done and lots of programs have 3 or 5.
-Felt good to finally get my 150x5 on CGBP
-Form felt really tight on both presses I was in the horizontal pressing zone.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #55
lefthookright
Uber Brawn

Alright so today I had to ride my back to the school for track practice-Cardio#1
Had to do a Tony Horton cardio video-Cardio #2
Had to run around the school for 10 minutes fast paces-Cardio #3
Needless to say I was whipped and didn't feel like doing much.
3 people can throw in the next track meet so we did a throwoff for shot and disc I won both but I wanted him to throw disc so I'll post meet results saturday.

Went to the weightroom legs were shot and did the bar
Ended up doing 4 sets of the bar because it took a while to feel right so total was like
barx10x4 lol
115x7
135x4
185x1
205x3 PR Felt good to get this even though I was not feeling this at all.

Didn't even do front squats because in the cardio video we did 20 variations of crunches and all this ab stuff my core was dead. But whatever.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:18 PM   #56
lefthookright
Uber Brawn

Hung out with a bunch of friends for the rest of spring break it was alot of fun. Yesterday I found out I'm probably going to be able to do a Push-Pull Competition which I am psyched for! [Bench and Deadlift] which are probably my best 2 lifts out of the 3 powerlifts. So I'm going to be focusing on those for the next month until the comp it will be so much fun.

Yesterday I deadlifted went light on the warmups did
135x7
225x4
275x5 and did 2 sets of that plus 3 singles later for a feel of good form

Today I wanted to squat because I was tired and if I benched today and squatted tomorrow then my hammies would be shot for DL the day after so I'd rather have my squat suffer as of the comp so my workout went

Jump Squats 135x5 I did these with my partner for fun I'm never going to write PR next to these because it's not about the weight more about the jump and I don't want to lose focus

45x10
135x7
185x2
205x5 PR Didn't have the excessive forward lean this time lower back was a bit shot from DL yesterday but I grinded these out moving to 210 next time

Felt like doing an oly back squat put on 135 did an easy triple put on 155 easy single and then hit 165 [/b]PR[/b] felt good
After a couple minutes went and front squatted this for a PR of 165 felt good and was destroyed so I stopped.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:52 PM   #57
lefthookright
Uber Brawn

Alright so today was a push day today I changed it up a bit and did BTN Push Press first. went
45x10
95x7
135x1
155x5 Easy PR Honestly when I was fresh these are so much easier could have probably gotten 2 more reps but the point was 5 then add weight so I didn't and wanted some in the tank
Went to Bench Press went
45x10
95x7
135x2
155x3? lol at this point my tendonitis kind of flaired up and my triceps were kind of fried by the BTN Push Press so my 5x5 with 155 didn't work out to well oh well I know better for next time.

Went to CGBP with the same weight didn't really feel the need to warmup so I did
155x3 PR this one felt good solid and tight proud of this going for 5 reps next time

Went over to tricep pushdowns for fun and did 100x4 PR didn't really warm up with this one either but whatevers

-Hit 3/4 PR's so I was happy
-I feel like BTN Push Press and CGBP coming up will really help my bench glad I PR'd in both
-Felt good after all this and proceeded to do spartans and medicine ball work with the throwers
-Next time I'm starting my workout with Bench Press that's my priority right now lol

Last edited by lefthookright; 04-13-2010 at 05:54 PM.
lefthookright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:04 PM   #58
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Great workout man 3 prs is great and I can definitely see how btn push presses would affect your bench so no worries.

What are spartans? Sounds interesting to me
Old 04-13-2010, 06:59 PM   #59
lefthookright
Uber Brawn

Well it's a shot put thing you take the barbell place it in the corner so it won't move bring it up so the place where the weights go on the other side is on your shoulder and press it out to full extension and switch arms out at full extension it's like a 45 degree angle single shoulder press with some hip pop
Old 04-13-2010, 07:08 PM   #60
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

alright I gotcha, I have done these very light before, how much weight do you do for these?