Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 03-17-2010, 10:14 PM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Do you get much back soreness from deadlifts?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2010, 06:20 PM   #12
lefthookright
Uber Brawn
Points: 636, Level: 12 Points: 636, Level: 12 Points: 636, Level: 12
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

lefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributor

I mostly get it in my lats and traps my lower back rarely gets sore at all if ever from deadlifts or anything. For me it's more of a back exercise than leg.
Also today was a good day I feel like I needed to back off of regular bench a tiny bit so I went and top set I hit 160x4 which was good I'm thinking of starting here so I'll go for 5 reps next time
BTN Push Press same thing as last time. I failed didn't even get one rep out the first time picked the bar back up got my head in the lift came back and smashed 3 at 150 PR so going for 4 or 5 next time
Went to CGBP got up 150x4PR going for 5 reps next time
So pretty much progression across the board also for kicks hit tricep pushdowns on pulley and hit 90x5 also a PR so felt good today.
lefthookright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:44 PM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthookright View Post
So pretty much progression across the board also for kicks hit tricep pushdowns on pulley and hit 90x5 also a PR so felt good today.
Can't argue with a day like that.

Good to hear your lower back doesn't take a pounding. My upper back get some but that's it. I couldn't remember if I had asked you that question before.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:53 PM   #14
lefthookright
Uber Brawn

lefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributor

Ok so today I wanted to do something so I did some clean pulls with 165 this is the best I've felt with these really getting the triple extension down.. well better than it was haha in a couple more sessions of these and I'll start trying my hand at the clean high pull
Old 03-22-2010, 08:13 PM   #15
lefthookright
Uber Brawn

More clean pulls today with 165 feeling good with these things now maybe try this again on whichever day back falls on and then move to clean high pulls with the same weight.
Also today in track we just threw shot put so I finally broke 30 ft. lol which is good for my first year throwing.
I also worked my CoC2 today I can get it past parallel now which I couldn't do a little while ago. I'll have this done soon. I can easily close the #1 numerous times now

Edit also putting up a pic this week soon when I get time

Last edited by lefthookright; 03-22-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:24 PM   #16
jhuse2
Big Tex
Max Brawn
Points: 2,522, Level: 30 Points: 2,522, Level: 30 Points: 2,522, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

jhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good posts

165 is a really good weight for clean pulls. How heavy is a shot? And what is CoC2?
DEAD LIFTS: . . . . . . . .255/300/435
OVERHEAD PRESS: . . . . 110/135/170

Transformation Contest BULK
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...test-bulk.html
Workout Log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...ngth-form.html
~HOT SH!T.. ROCK & ROLL~
jhuse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:48 PM   #17
lefthookright
Uber Brawn

The shot that we use is 12 pounds so it's a pretty good weight to heave. And the CoC aka the Captains of Crush is a high quality gripper that's like the gold standard in grip training and competition. Captains of Crush Hand Grippers - the gold standard of hand grippers from IronMind there's the website
Each number 1-4 has a weight it will fully compress under and there's gap numbers like 2.5 3.5 and such. I got them for free from the high school football coach
Old 03-23-2010, 05:49 PM   #18
lefthookright
Uber Brawn

Ok so today ran a 400 and a couple 100's so I was pretty spent then threw shot for about half an hour then went to workout. Normally I can't lift normal weights after doing any type of hard cardio, plus I threw shot for half an hour which is an explosive incline press basically lol. That being said it was still a fairly good workout
Bench worked up to 160x3 which is less than last week but my diets been on point and I actually lost a pound this week lol which for a while I've just been maintaining.
BTN Push press I got to 150x3 got pissed I didn't progress in 2 exercises so I waited picked up the weight and got 4 Rep and Set PR
CGBP 150x3 did that twice so Set PR

Edit also note that on bench press my form kinda sucked today set up was good but I didn't use my lats at all which helps me store alot of "muscle bounce" and potential energy I guess you could say.

Second Edit. Dangit Looking back I think I used a wider than regular grip for bench. Actually I'm almost positive I did dangit.....

Last edited by lefthookright; 03-23-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:40 PM   #19
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Strong BTN presses. Keep hard after those and you'll start to see your bench moving up.

Old 03-23-2010, 06:55 PM   #20
beam
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,054, Level: 34 Points: 3,054, Level: 34 Points: 3,054, Level: 34
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

beam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthookright View Post
One thing I'm still waiting for is that big testosterone surge when hopefully my lifts and LBM will fly hopefully I haven't had it all already seeing as I'm only 15
You should be in full swing. Good luck!
beam is offline   Reply With Quote